• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So staying with the axle's stock pinion angle and knuckle angle (castor)? Single or double cardan drive shaft in the front?

I think it would be awesome to swap in big axles and go SOA, but I don't have the motivation to figure out all the details and do the necessary fab work. It definitely seems like more of a pain than staying with a more stock-ish configuration.

So how's that CJ coming?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Saw more news on the Jeep Gladiator concept vehicle pop up the other day. Looks like this might be real!
    Jeep - Gladiator Concept
    gladiator_main.jpg

Already warned my wife that I WILL be getting one! Especially if they ship with the little diesel and 5-speed manual. Just too flipping cool!

I've been holding out for a 2017 Ford Raptor, but that is just plain awesome.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Thanks eldirector!!!! that Gladiator is awesome!!!! now if the roof comes off like a regular Wrangler, I'll be in 7th heaven.....think a go anywhere 4x4, that can haul the wife's mulch and dirt, while plowing thru mud (and passing Hummers....) with the ability to see the sun and stars......perfect!!!!!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I saw that military style Jeep concept up close at Moab last spring and it was just amazing! The Jeep Africa was also very cool. I'd love to have a Brute, but not for what they cost. Ouch!

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    AEV is just a conversion company. Surprised you saw one at a dealership. Were they selling them "new" or was it used?

This dealership is an AEV distributor as well. I should have clarified.... I didn't see the Brute AEV's there, but they did have new AEV converted Wranglers. Just their basic conversions with the bumpers, snorkel, suspension, rims, tires, etc.

Mongo556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    I used to have an old CJ. I loved that vehicle, and it was a tank. I hit a guard rail going 40 mph in a snowstorm and all it did was bend the license plate.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I got my 2" BDS lift installed, it was a pain in the butt. I picked up some new rubber and am waiting on my new wheels to get in :rockwoot:.

2j3fnzd.jpg

og9ohe.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, my dusty dirty old 93 Cherokee that hasn't been on the road since it was crashed by the service dept I took it to got new rear brake lines and all new rear drums and brake parts installed today. Sitting too long and now needs a battery.

Got lots of work to do on it and it will get done eventually but I need brakes so I can drive it into the garage to work on. Going to do some sheet metal work. Might go bad but how do you know till you try it. The sheet metal above the windshield is rusting and allowing water to seep in. Going to fix that and replace the cracked windshield among other things.

This is my old wheezy toy. 265K on the odo. Something to play with.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    After sitting for two years with no brakes. I put in all new rear brake parts and drums and two new brake lines this week. I didn't know if it would start and the battery was dead so I hooked up my battery charger, and it was dead so today I jumped it with my other vehicle and it started right up. That is one of the reasons I have liked this XJ, it always starts and it has 265K on it. I needed to start it to finish bleeding the brake lines.

Woo Hoo, couldn't go far without a front end but I now have brakes.

Next is replacing (and banging out some inner parts) sheet metal, I have everything from the front doors forward from a Comanche. Same year.

After that it is pulling the broken windshield and cutting out and replacing rusting sheet metal above the windshield. Had to have brakes to be able to drive it into the garage.

After that it is time to tackle the rest of the rust. Mostly the rockers. Want to weld in box sliders. The rest is pretty good.

After that it will be suspension and tires.

This is my long term cleanup and build project that I will probably finish sometime, maybe.

The Beast Runs.

photo54_zps5auzi3f7.jpg

Top Bottom