• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    PLEASE DO NOT TRESPASS AND WHEEL ILLEGALLY!

I've put way too much effort into keeping and BUILDING access to good wheeling areas in this state. Half-brained twits that wheel illegally make it an uphill battle EVERY time. Thanks in advance. :xmad:

If you don't know who owns the land, then it isn't yours and isn't public. Stay off of it.

As far as I'm concerned, trashing your truck, getting a massive tow bill, getting a massive fine, and having your vehicle impounded is PERFECTLY fine with me.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    As far as I'm concerned, trashing your truck, getting a massive tow bill, getting a massive fine, and having your vehicle impounded is PERFECTLY fine with me.

So this ^^ is what happens when you get caught?

I always wondered what happens to people who pull off into farmers fields and go wild, etc.

Kind of like everyone wonders what happens to streetracers. Having your car impounded/losing license, etc

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Trespass, property damage, and a whole list of moving violations? Yep. Could even lose your license. Add in alcohol (seems to be common with illegal wheeling), and earn a DUI.

Then come the civil suits. Tear up a farmer's field after he has planted, and you could be writing a decent sized check. Same with construction sites.

BTW: The same applies to ATVs.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I was just asking out of curiosity. I have only ever been in spots where I had permission of the owner, and had partial landowners riding shotgun.

I just like to stay out of trouble with the law, so I don't want to get roped into some dumb **** with idiot friends.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was just asking out of curiosity. I have only ever been in spots where I had permission of the owner, and had partial landowners riding shotgun.

I just like to stay out of trouble with the law, so I don't want to get roped into some dumb **** with idiot friends.

+1 to you then! Sorry, just something I am a tad passionate about. Nothing burns my biscuits more than spending 100's of hours and thousands of dollars opening legal wheeling areas, and then losing access thanks to a few yahoos.

We used to have access to MILES of trails in Hoosier National Forest. The State and County got them closed down, thanks to all the damage, trash, shooting, and drinking. I don't know if we will EVER get access again. Especially since folks STILL knock over the gates and "go wheeling" (and drinking, shooting, and partying). We are our own worst enemy.

If your idiot friends (hey, we all have a few) want to go wheeling, take them out to the Badlands. Its pretty cheap ($20) and they'll have a blast. Makes wheeling in some cornfield or little woodlot seem booooooring.

BTW: Been working with the DNR for a while now on a NEW public "motorized access" area in NORTHERN Indiana. No real details yet, but the project has gone from "hey, that would be nice" to "we might have something open in the next few years". This is in addition to the two current DNR-managed motorized access (ORV, ATV, MC) areas: Redbird SRA down near Linton/Dugger, and Interlake SRA down near Lynnville (east of Evansville).

The days are getting nicer..... LET'S GO WHEELING! :rockwoot:

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    I'd love to do some wheeling at either attica or redbird but gonna have to wait it will be at least a month till I get the drive train back in my jeep.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd love to do some wheeling at either attica or redbird but gonna have to wait it will be at least a month till I get the drive train back in my jeep.

Hurry up then!

End of March, I'm bumping up the INGO JEEP day thread so we can figure out a date for the Badlands.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    If your idiot friends (hey, we all have a few) want to go wheeling, take them out to the Badlands. Its pretty cheap ($20) and they'll have a blast. Makes wheeling in some cornfield or little woodlot seem booooooring.

BTW: Been working with the DNR for a while now on a NEW public "motorized access" area in NORTHERN Indiana.

The days are getting nicer..... LET'S GO WHEELING! :rockwoot:

+1 for the Badlands. Great park! Try and schedule your visit with one of their TREC races that take place after the park closes if you might be into off road racing at all.

It would be great to have a place in Northern IN. Currently the closest place to us is Bundy Hill in Michigan. Speaking of, our group jeepuporshutup.com, will be heading up to that park last Saturday of March, first Sunday of April if anyone wants to go along

indianafly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    I had a 98 wrangler until I had my second child. Now I have a 2000 cherokee xj with 3" lift and 31" tires. I'm going to go with a 5.5" la rubicon express lift and 35" tires with bushwacker flares. A few years back I had the same set up but 4.5" lift and 33" tires and loved it. I would also like to do a small block swap or drop a vw tdi in it too.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I had a 98 wrangler until I had my second child. Now I have a 2000 cherokee xj with 3" lift and 31" tires. I'm going to go with a 5.5" la rubicon express lift and 35" tires with bushwacker flares. A few years back I had the same set up but 4.5" lift and 33" tires and loved it. I would also like to do a small block swap or drop a vw tdi in it too.

I want a diesel engine for my Jeep. I've been told the Mercedes 300D bolts straight up to the 5-speed, but I can't find any for a decent price. All the decent priced engines have over 200k miles on them. :rolleyes:

indianafly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Check out www.hpamotorsport.com that have kits to drop a VW TDI in a wrangler but I can't see it being very hard to addapt it over to an XJ. When I had my Wrangler I was looking for a Cummins 4bt for it. For a bullet proof diesel you can beat them. I just don't think the unibody of the XJ would hold up under the extra weight of a Cummins. There is a guy where I work that has a 01 wrangler with a 3.3 4bt and is running 37" tires and getting almost 30mpg.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    4bt swapped TJ
    P1010700.jpg

Another one.
    P1010281.jpg

Top Bottom