• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just bought a JK Rubicon for my wife and I last summer and then Promptly broke my leg. Excited to finally take it out a bit....Where do you guys go to have some 4x4 fun around South Central Indiana? Its stock BTW.

Why would you go out and break your leg just because you bought your wife a JK? Seems a bit extreme to me.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gotta tell ya, I replaced my Cherokee (which I still have) with a Toyota FJ Cruiser and am really digging it. A good replacement for the Jeep since it still has a mechanical on demand four wheel drive. I am dying for better weather to work on my Jeep's brakes though. I just don't want to rebuild them in the cold and wet. Once that is done I won't be so hesitant to drive it into the garage to do the other work I plan on doing (no brakes whatsoever and barely any emergency brake).

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Just bought a JK Rubicon for my wife and I last summer and then Promptly broke my leg. Excited to finally take it out a bit....Where do you guys go to have some 4x4 fun around South Central Indiana? Its stock BTW.

+1 for redbird. Let me know when you go, Ill bring my new rubicon! Also stock. Nothing there a stock jeep can't do.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Why would you go out and break your leg just because you bought your wife a JK? Seems a bit extreme to me.
    Well when you put it that way it seems like it may have been a hasty decision...haha

Thanks for the advice on redbird too guys. I'll try to see what you all are up to before we go check it out.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

IMG_20140218_114046_186_zpsina5utba.jpg

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Gotta tell ya, I replaced my Cherokee (which I still have) with a Toyota FJ Cruiser and am really digging it. A good replacement for the Jeep since it still has a mechanical on demand four wheel drive.

It looks like the visibilty from the FJ would suck. Windows are small.

I am dying for better weather to work on my Jeep's brakes though. I just don't want to rebuild them in the cold and wet. Once that is done I won't be so hesitant to drive it into the garage to do the other work I plan on doing (no brakes whatsoever and barely any emergency brake).

I just did front pads and rotors and it has been a world of difference. I bought the Wagner ThermoQuiet from Amazon for $26 and the WearEver rotors from Advance Auto for $31 ea. See if the discount code 'D41' still works for 15% off. It worked for me with in store pick up. If you register with them, you get 15% plus a $25 coupon for future purchase. LINK

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It looks like the visibilty from the FJ would suck. Windows are small.

I just did front pads and rotors and it has been a world of difference. I bought the Wagner ThermoQuiet from Amazon for $26 and the WearEver rotors from Advance Auto for $31 ea. See if the discount code 'D41' still works for 15% off. It worked for me with in store pick up. If you register with them, you get 15% plus a $25 coupon for future purchase. LINK

Thanks for the link.

Yep, visibility is not great but the vehicle is.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We had a newer FJ (bone stock) wheel with us a year or so ago. Got around just fine. Even on some tighter/twistier stuff. Finally parked it when he decided AGAINST some new beauty marks. It is a TAD wider than a TJ! He also had air-conditioning and XM radio.....

Top Bottom