• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I am building my First AR and as it is my first, i want to go on a budget as i am in the learning process. I was wondering if anyone has any or should i avoid buying from PSA?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have been impressed with their products. Their lengthy wait time for order fulfillment is annoying but I just expect it now so it doesn't bother me. If you need something fast I wouldn't go there.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I have 4 PSA creations and more to come. Nobody else is really coming close to earning my business for my builds. That being said, I second what others have said about the wait time. But they are PRIMARILY speaking about their uppers I believe. My lowers and other components shipped in an "ok" time frame.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have two PSA's and I've assembled a few others for some friends. You can buy the full range of product quality from them as far as the specs go, but their shipping is going to be slow. Let's be honest here though it's top notch weaponry and If they're shipping was really fast it'd be a lot more expensive. Personally I don't mind waiting when it saves me money.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have 4 PSA creations and more to come. Nobody else is really coming close to earning my business for my builds. That being said, I second what others have said about the wait time. But they are PRIMARILY speaking about their uppers I believe. My lowers and other components shipped in an "ok" time frame.
    No I waited almost a full month for a parts kit. I think they intentionally oversell items they know they can't fill. Some early orders get shipped fast but others wait till they get the item back in stock.
    But yes I've waited a long time for 2 uppers too.
    the Lower I bought shipped fast to my ffl

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    No I waited almost a full month for a parts kit. I think they intentionally oversell items they know they can't fill. Some early orders get shipped fast but others wait till they get the item back in stock.
    But yes I've waited a long time for 2 uppers too.
    the Lower I bought shipped fast to my ffl
    Then I stand corrected. On the good side, I ordered an upper from them on January 12th, and it arrived this past Monday. They shipped the wrong one and forgot my BCG and CH, but nonetheless it showed up about 2 weeks from the date of purchase.

By the way OP, if it says "PTAC" in the listing, it is NOT an actual PSA upper. The PTAC 1 in 7's have been known to have some pretty nasty bores out of the box, while the 1 in 9's seem pretty good. I'm my opinion, I would have you stick to the PSA Premium uppers for $60-$70 more.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I did my first build with a lot of parts from them. No issues.

My next build is a little different in that I am building my upper myself with components selected individually. PSA seems to really push the "kits" so I am not sure if I will buy the smaller parts from them. I have found other places online that are more competitive for items like upper parts kits, triggers, stocks, handguards,mags, etc..

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks everyone, great advice and i am feeling more comfortable with PSA. Gregkl, i am buying individual parts as well, i am wanting to learn how to put them together.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks everyone, great advice and i am feeling more comfortable with PSA. Gregkl, i am buying individual parts as well, i am wanting to learn how to put them together.

Well, we both live in Lafayette. I have some instructional documents I used on my last one and information is easily available. I am no expert, but I would be happy to help you in any way I can.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    I've ordered from them several times with zero problems. I only have limited experience with their lower parts kits. I've got a lower built with one but I have not shot it much, less than 100 rounds.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I have nothing but good experiences with them and PSA products. Shipping has become somewhat slower in the last year or so, but remains very affordable compared to some. Customer service has been great for me as well.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Shipping is extremely slow IMO. Prices are decent and what parts I have bought from them were of good quality. If you don't mind waiting a 2-4 weeks(possibly longer) for you stuff then have at it. I will probably order odds and ends from them when I am in no hurry but other than that, I will go else where.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Now that the AR panic is over, their shipping seems to have returned to regular wait times. I ordered a 1 in 7 Premium midlength upper this month, got it in 5 business days. Between my father and I, we have 5 PSA builds. All are quality firearms for the relatively low amount of money we have in them.

With that being said, PSA has the worst AR triggers I have ever fired. They are full of gritty creep and then break like mush. I have replaced all but one of them, as I am saving for a Giessele. YMMV, but I approve of everything but their triggers. Good luck

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom