• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    One of my current favorites is Shadows Fall, but I have to say nothing gets me going like a little Pantera and Slayer. I have to laugh because my first album was Ratt-out of the cellar!

Personally I can't stand metalcore and mallcore bands like Shadows Fall that keep popping up these days. Give me Slayer and Pantera anyday. :rockwoot:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    No offense to the young future hard-of-hearing folks out there, or you older already hard-of-hearing folks who actually enjoy that head-banging "music", but the only heavy metal I can tolerate listening to is the sound of my M1 Garand. :D :ar15:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Here is a pizza idea for the Metallica fans in the group.

388999_382333331829935_453054692_n.jpg

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    In my book the only Metallica worth listening too is their first few albums. As far as the "Big 4" bands go my favorites are Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Sodom.

I'm not an actual Metallica fan but I know others are, so I decided to share it when I came across it.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    No offense to the young future hard-of-hearing folks out there, or you older already hard-of-hearing folks who actually enjoy that head-banging "music", but the only heavy metal I can tolerate listening to is the sound of my M1 Garand. :D :ar15:

Hey, according to my audiologist girlfriend, my hearing is so good I can hear a mouse fart in the next room. Unfortunately, this also means she knows that I can hear everything she says.

But she's also a major metalhead too, so it's all good.

Back on topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB7n51aGD-k

I was listening to this song today on my lunch break with the windows down, volume up. Pulled up at a stop light and the guy next to me looked over and rolled his window up.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Hey, according to my audiologist girlfriend, my hearing is so good I can hear a mouse fart in the next room. Unfortunately, this also means she knows that I can hear everything she says.

But she's also a major metalhead too, so it's all good.

Back on topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB7n51aGD-k

I was listening to this song today on my lunch break with the windows down, volume up. Pulled up at a stop light and the guy next to me looked over and rolled his window up.

I've heard good things about this band but I've never actually sat down and listened to them. Look up this one band on Facebook called Heavy Lies the Crown. They're a local death metal act based out of Indianapolis and they're vocalist is a buddy of mine. Another good band from Indiana is Gorgasm.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    You've never listened to Meshuggah? Your metalhead club card is suspended until you make it through, at the minimum, the Chaosphere and Destroy, Erase, Improve albums. ;)

obZen is another great one. Hell, everything Meshuggah does is brilliant. Fredrick Thorendal's Special Defects is a side project of a few of them that's also excellent.

Also, I forgot Dying Fetus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Jjy3Zy7kk

Top Bottom