Any INGOers listen to Alternative Music?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Anyone else like alternative or mixed genre music?

I'm a big Linkin Park fan They use to be more metal sounding but a lot of their newer songs have almost a metal, rap and techno sound mix. I think their new sound is awesome. I especially like the use the synthesizers in some of their songs. They also have some very meaningful lyrics.

LP is one of the main groups I listen to when I ride the trails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NvrWciHrBw

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I would consider LP more "rapcore" than anything else.

ITunes put them in alternative. They aren't as heavy on the metal anymore.
    Their new CD Living Things has a completely different sound than their Hybrid Theory CD. I like the new mixed music sound. I like metal but without the screaming.

I haven't been real sure what to officially call their new sound. I definitely think there's rap undertones in it. But that's been there a few CD's back. What does the "core" part mean in "rapcore"?

No matter what you call their music, it is really good to ride a bike to.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've listened to LP, and all that genre, but I guess I just don't "get it." I also don't "get" the screamers, like Trivium, Dragon Force, etc.

I tend to listen more to bands like, Rammstein, Dream Theater, and Lacuna Coil, as well as more straight ahead prog, such as Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Rush, Kansas.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I like to listen to a lot of different stuff but I can never remember any of the damned band names! :rolleyes:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I've listened to LP, and all that genre, but I guess I just don't "get it." I also don't "get" the screamers, like Trivium, Dragon Force, etc.

I tend to listen more to bands like, Rammstein, Dream Theater, and Lacuna Coil, as well as more straight ahead prog, such as Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Rush, Kansas.

I recently bought the Yes CD 90125 because Leave It kept playing in my brain. I had the cassette back in the day. I'm a big fan of Genesis and Phil Collins, I've picked up both Rush & Kansas CD's recently too. Although I haven't downloaded either to my laptop yet.

I'm not familiar with the other groups you mentioned.

I like lyrics, screaming interferes with the lyrics in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9JE9R9ld4

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Oh, I know the older bands, I thought you were talkin more about stuff within the last 10yrs or so. I do like the bands you mentioned as well as a great number of other bands from that era.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I recently bought the Yes CD 90125 because Leave It kept playing in my brain. I had the cassette back in the day. I'm a big fan of Genesis and Phil Collins, I've picked up both Rush & Kansas CD's recently too. Although I haven't downloaded either to my laptop yet.

I'm not familiar with the other groups you mentioned.

I like lyrics, screaming interferes with the lyrics in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9JE9R9ld4

For REAL Genesis, listen to the earlier albums, with Peter Gabriel (when Phil Collins was just the drummer). And as far as Yes, 90125 wasn't really what they sounded like. Some of it is pretty good, but it's not representative of Yes.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Rapcore is the mixture of rap and hardcore music. Some other bands would be Hollywood Undead, Limp Bizkit, Bloodhound Gang and the Beastie Boys (depending on which album). I would put LP in this group too.

Top Bottom