• Status
    Not open for further replies.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Well, I once knew a guy named Bill who didn't have sex in the Oval Office.

Ooooh, gotcha. So Lucifer is just another random guy that he knew, whose seething energy was the key to masonry.

I'm starting to think that you know less about your secret [STRIKE]club[/STRIKE] cult than I do.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    What about this one?

- Albert Pike, Sovereign Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite's Southern Jurisdiction for 32 years
    You honestly can't read that in any other manner than dripping with sarcasm, can you? He's literally making fun of Lucifer, and that's somehow him praising him?

Feel free to continue to take things out of context, misrepresent, and further show your biased ignorance on the topic. It really doesn't matter to me.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ooooh, gotcha. So Lucifer is just another random guy that he knew, whose seething energy was the key to masonry.

I'm starting to think that you know less about your secret [STRIKE]club[/STRIKE] cult than I do.
    I'm starting to think that you didn't read what he actually posted. Much like you're only reading parts of the writings your posting.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You honestly can't read that in any other manner than dripping with sarcasm, can you? Feel free to continue to take things out of context, misrepresent, and further show your biased ignorance on the topic. It really doesn't matter to me.

I was misunderstanding Pike, as well? I think I get your interpretation of the quote from Hall, even if I don't necessarily agree, but how could I have possibly misinterpreted Pike?

I'm starting to think that you didn't read what he actually posted. Much like you're only reading parts of the writings your posting.

I read it. First he tried to make the claim that he was referring to the idea of a 'morning star' instead of an actual name. I pointed out that it was a proper noun, and therefore a name.

His next argument seemed to imply that Hall may have been referring to a different person named Lucifer...was that not his implication?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I was misunderstanding Pike, as well? I think I get your interpretation of the quote from Hall, even if I don't necessarily agree, but how could I have possibly misinterpreted Pike?
    I don't think you're misunderstanding. I think you don't have any understanding of the writings. Partially because of the manner in which they're written, more of an Olde English style, and partially because you know nothing about Masonry other than what a bunch of people gossip about who have never actually been Masons. Reread the Pike excerpt. He is lathering on sarcasm and pointing out irony pretty clearly.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, steveh_131, we've been here before and now we're back again.

You are excellent at attacking and totally deficient of any desire for anything else.
    Do you attack only Masonry, or do you also attack marriage, baseball, traffic laws, and anything else you think you can start an argument over?

The rest can do as they please, I will no longer feed the troll.
    troll.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You are excellent at attacking and totally deficient of any desire for anything else.
    Do you attack only Masonry, or do you also attack marriage, baseball, traffic laws, and anything else you think you can start an argument over?

I have no problem with marriage or baseball, but I definitely have attacked traffic laws.

I do have a tendency to discriminate against Lucifer, I'll admit.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "Lucifer," I believe, means "Morning Star," and may not always refer to the "fallen angel" of Christianity. Early matches were supposedly called "Lucifers," but I doubt devout Christians refused to use them.
    I could buy that, if Manly P. Hall wasn't an expert on the occult and hadn't written about Lucifer literally dozens of times. In his most famous book, he described the proper method for signing a blood pact to Lucifer used by black magicians.

Maybe he was referring to a morning star? I just don't buy it, given his occultist expertise.

books.google.com - The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall, page 280)

FreemasonManlyPHall_Lucifer.png

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I could buy that, if Manly P. Hall wasn't an expert on the occult and hadn't written about Lucifer literally dozens of times. In his most famous book, he described the proper method for signing a blood pact to Lucifer used by black magicians.

Maybe he was referring to a morning star? I just don't buy it, given his occultist expertise.

books.google.com - The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall, page 280)

FreemasonManlyPHall_Lucifer.png

OK, fine.
    Manly P. Hall was a bad guy and he somehow received the 33rd. Degree of the Scottish Rite.
    I don't know how that happened and I don't care.
    I know and have known many Freemasons who were fine, upstanding men and not Satanists.
    I reject that Manly P. Hall is representative of Freemasons just as I reject that Lee Harvey Oswald is representative of Marines, even if they are taught to shoot and are called "Devil Dogs."

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    People who take the word of one man (or a mere handful of men) as the complete voice of Freemasonry, given the fact that there so many Grand Lodges and concordant Masonic bodies, have little idea of the structure of few organizations, much less Freemasonry.

People who attack Freemasonry by only a cursory review upon the subject, choose to remain ignorant.

Any person who equates Freemasonry with Lucifer, is completely ignorant of the tenets of the organization. Given the organization's worldwide charities that contribute millions (and likely billions) of dollars a day to such causes as crippled and burned children, schizophrenia, blood substitutes, blindness, hypertension, dyslexia, Cerebral Palsy, et al; one need to only remember the phrase: Fact sunt potentiora verbis.

Persons who believe that Freemasonry outright rejects Christ, is required to look to Freemasonry as whole, as the organization admits good men of all faiths....So long as they are have a belief in a Supreme Being and the everlasting life of the soul.

Where else can a Christian, Jew, and Muslim stand and pray together, and not start a war?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Persons who believe that Freemasonry outright rejects Christ, is required to look to Freemasonry as whole, as the organization admits good men of all faiths....So long as they are have a belief in a Supreme Being and the everlasting life of the soul.

Where else can a Christian, Jew, and Muslim stand and pray together, and not start a war?

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

This 'oneness of spiritual truth' idea is completely incompatible with Christianity.

I'm sure the Morning Star loves the idea, however.

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I kinda always thought the 'one-ness- was a cornerstone of Christianity :dunno:

Oh wait, whose definition, those attacking or defending it, as they are two very different idealologies, I'm sad to say.

The one espoused by the freemasons.

The true Mason is not creed-bound. He realizes with the divine illumination of his lodge that as a Mason his religion must be universal: Christ, Buddha or Mohammed, the name means little, for he recognizes only the light and not the bearer. He worships at every shrine, bows before every altar, whether in temple, mosque or cathedral, realizing with his truer understanding the oneness of all spiritual truth.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have eaten some of the best pie ever after attending lodge... I wonder if Lucifer was involved in the baking...

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have eaten some of the best pie ever after attending lodge... I wonder if Lucifer was involved in the baking...
    Had to have been...

PS... I was just elected SD about an hour and a half ago. :D (I'm getting better at worshipping Satan every year!)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

This 'oneness of spiritual truth' idea is completely incompatible with Christianity.

I'm sure the Morning Star loves the idea, however.

I don't dispute this, and certainly agree with this. I am, however, a Freemason myself.

The purpose of Freemasonry is not to replace religion. As a matter of fact, Freemasonry strongly encourages each man to fully pursue his religious beliefs in the manner prescribed by his faith and his own beliefs.

You may feel that Satan enjoys this idea. Personally, the fellowship that I've enjoyed with my fellow man, has provided me with a deeper spiritual understanding and peace that I've hadn't enjoyed prior to entering the Craft. If anything, my friendships from those of other faiths, has done much for me with my own Christian faith and personal relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Freemasonry is not a deviation from normative religious based beliefs and practices.

Freemasonry is not a cult. Its not even close.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom