• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Due to the the nature of what a candidate must do for his degree work, he would be conditionally disqualified. However, such is subject to dispensation from the Grand Master to waive said requirement.

I presided over a double amputee that wished to become a Mason. The request for dispensation was approved within 2 hours after I faxed the request to the Grand Secretary.

Has that always been the case, or has Masonry evolved from it's original [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]"have his right limbs as a man ought to have." [/SIZE][/SIZE]way of thinking?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Has that always been the case, or has Masonry evolved from it's original [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]"have his right limbs as a man ought to have." [/SIZE][/SIZE]way of thinking?

It hasn't always been the case. Likely due to the ancient punishment of dismemberment for specific offenses and wanting to maintain a specific type of membership beyond repute.

There are other restrictions as well. A woman, atheist, libertine, old man in dotage, felon, under aged, fool, et al.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It hasn't always been the case. Likely due to the ancient punishment of dismemberment for specific offenses and wanting to maintain a specific type of membership beyond repute.

There are other restrictions as well. A woman, atheist, libertine, old man in dotage, felon, under aged, fool, et al.

Are you saying GB must have had some kind of dispensation? :dunno:

:whistle:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Ah, I see.
    Curious.. Has the "men only" thing ever been challenged in court?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Due to the the nature of what a candidate must do for his degree work, he would be conditionally disqualified. However, such is subject to dispensation from the Grand Master to waive said requirement.

I presided over a double amputee that wished to become a Mason. The request for dispensation was approved within 2 hours after I faxed the request to the Grand Secretary.

Is the Grand Secretary a part of your local group?

Oh, sorry, I was busy with real life and didn't respond right away.
    I will now.

Meh

Oh, no worries Doug. I wasn't really talking about you. I was hoping someone with some actual rational thoughts might chime in.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Is the Grand Secretary a part of your local group?

No. If you have investigated the organization's structure as you claim to be such an expert upon the Craft, you would have known that. Which leads me to further believe that you know less than nothing about it.

Oh, no worries Doug. I wasn't really talking about you. I was hoping someone with some actual rational thoughts might chime in.

:laugh:. Coming from you, that is even funnier than the last time I LOL'd at you.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ah, I see.
    Curious.. Has the "men only" thing ever been challenged in court?

Not to my knowledge. Though its a private organization which has always been fraternal.

Changing those requirements would change the structure.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    No. If you have investigated the organization's structure as you claim to be such an expert upon the Craft, you would have known that. Which leads me to further believe that you know less than nothing about it.

So who does this Grand Secretary report to?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not to my knowledge. Though its a private organization which has always been fraternal.

Changing those requirements would change the structure.

Good. I hate when I see private organizations forced to change because someone is "offended"..

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    If anyone is wanting pancakes tomorrow, Carmel 421 is having their breakfast from 07:30-10:30 tomorrow (Saturday)

Perhaps steveh_131 could stop by to get some of his questions answered.

I can GUARANTEE that we will show you loads more respect and compassion than you have shown any of your other fellows here.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have never felt the need for this before, but I now recommend the following:

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?
    If there are particular members that[STRIKE] bother you[/STRIKE] are total jerks and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'.

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If anyone is wanting pancakes tomorrow, Carmel 421 is having their breakfast from 07:30-10:30 tomorrow (Saturday)

Perhaps steveh_131 could stop by to get some of his questions answered.

I can GUARANTEE that we will show you loads more respect and compassion than you have shown any of your other fellows here.

Westboro won't attend. He's already made up his mind, despite not knowing anything about it.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Westboro won't attend. He's already made up his mind, despite not knowing anything about it.

Not a single person has explained to me any rational way to reconcile the words of Paul that I quoted earlier with your participation in the freemasons.

Many of you have very little knowledge of the history of your organization and only GBuck has offered anything resembling an explanation for the downright frightening things that have been written by well accepted masons.

So, yes. I poke a little fun.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have never felt the need for this before, but I now recommend the following:

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?
    If there are particular members that[STRIKE] bother you[/STRIKE] are total jerks and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'.

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

I can only see my own posts on INGO now. :woot:
    Thank you! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom