• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Then, please. Explain to me what he was talking about when he spoke against partnership and fellowship with non-believers.
    You quoted 2 Corinthians. Please explain to me where Christ said anything to the Corinthians.

I think it's certainly possible that those above you are covering it up. I don't think that you, personally, are.
    I would still know if Satan worshiping was happening. A) I go to the meetings and am an officer. B) My grandfather was TPM of the Scottish Rite. C) My grandfather is a 33. D) If this stuff isn't happening at the meetings, where does it happen?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Guys,
    I've been a member on this forum for years now and every time free masonry comes up steveh_131 feels like it's his personal duty to go out of his way to be disrespectful and talk trash about something he's not a part of. From one brother to another, I wouldn't waste your time argueing with him, unless you really have that much free time.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You quoted 2 Corinthians. Please explain to me where Christ said anything to the Corinthians.

I didn't capitalize the 'h' in 'he'. Paul was speaking.

I would still know if Satan worshiping was happening. A) I go to the meetings and am an officer. B) My grandfather was TPM of the Scottish Rite. C) My grandfather is a 33. D) If this stuff isn't happening at the meetings, where does it happen?

May happen more blatantly in the meetings that are above your pay grade.

And the purpose may simply be to con the members into believing this 'religious tolerance' crap.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I didn't capitalize the 'h' in 'he'. Paul was speaking.

May happen more blatantly in the meetings that are above your pay grade.

And the purpose may simply be to con the members into believing this 'religious tolerance' crap.
    Again, the thing you don't realize, there are no meetings "above my pay grade". We're all equal. There aren't some secret puppet masters pulling the strings. Any Mason can go to any meeting, including those of the Grand Lodge of whatever jurisdiction you're in.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Again, the thing you don't realize, there are no meetings "above my pay grade". We're all equal. There aren't some secret puppet masters pulling the strings. Any Mason can go to any meeting, including those of the Grand Lodge of whatever jurisdiction you're in.

You didn't address Paul's words yet.

Also, secret means secret ;)

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Guys,
    I've been a member on this forum for years now and every time free masonry comes up steveh_131 feels like it's his personal duty to go out of his way to be disrespectful and talk trash about something he's not a part of. From one brother to another, I wouldn't waste your time argueing with him, unless you really have that much free time.

SMIB!!!

Past Master of Garfield Lodge No 569 Highland, Indiana
    Founding Member: Scottish Rite Research Guild, Valley of South Bend
    Former Member, Indiana Grand Lodge Committee on Masonic Education
    Current Member, Indiana Grand Lodge Committee on Foreign Fraternal Relations
    Former Senior Warden of Dwight L Smith Lodge of Research, Indianapolis
    Elected Fellow of The Masonic Society
    Former Officer, John Hazen White Chapter Rose Croix, Valley of SB
    Northwest Indiana York Rite College
    Valparaiso AMD
    Current Potentate's Aide, ORAK Shrine
    Tall Cedars of Lebanon, Adoniram Forest
    Hammond Commandery #117 Knights Templar
    Hammond Council #40 Cryptic Masons
    Hammond Royal Arch
    Vice President, Past Masters Association, Garfield and McKinley Lodges

So. I think my "PAY GRADE" is pretty high...and I can honestly say that you are full of crap. Peace to you. Go pick on the Atheists.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I want to know what lodge has the hot naked chicks in the one picture... of course it might give some of the old guys a heart attack.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So is the illuminated eye the symbol for the light bringer? I'm still not sure how I should feel about it.

7860986_orig.jpg

Masonic-allseeyingeye.jpg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Already pointed out the stupidity of that. No response, as usual.

Take it up with Paul. He's the one you seem to disagree with. He wrote it, not me.

Regardless of how stupid you may feel that post is.....Its still funny, in an unfortunately tragic way....Westboro boy.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Guys, far be it for me to give correction, but this is exactly the kind of guy we're encouraged not to argue with. I'd suggest letting ANY comment he makes from here on just lay there like the turd it is. Let's not feed the troll.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OK, so I have been researching both "sides" of this with an open mind, when i ran across this..

Grand Lodge of Ohio - Home Grand Lodge of Ohio.
    759 - What are the qualifications of a candidate for Masonry?

QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATES.

Physically, he must be a man of at least twenty one years of age, upright in body, with the senses of a man, not deformed or dismembered, but with hale and entire limbs as a man ought to be.
    So, does that mean, for example, that a Veteran who lost a leg in combat would be disqualified? :dunno:

Or a person born with only one arm would not be qualified?

Just curious..

Edit: Also found online in the Masonic Dictionary:
    [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Physicals These refer to sex, age, and bodily conformation. The candidate must be a man, not a woman; of mature age, that is, having arrived at his majority, and not so old as to have sunk into dotage; and he must be in possession of all his limbs, not maimed or dismembered, but, to use the language of one of the old Charges, "have his right limbs as a man ought to have."
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    OK, so I have been researching both "sides" of this with an open mind, when i ran across this..

Grand Lodge of Ohio - Home Grand Lodge of Ohio.
    759 - What are the qualifications of a candidate for Masonry?

So, does that mean, for example, that a Veteran who lost a leg in combat would be disqualified? :dunno:

Or a person born with only one arm would not be qualified?

Just curious..

Edit: Also found online in the Masonic Dictionary:

Due to the the nature of what a candidate must do for his degree work, he would be conditionally disqualified. However, such is subject to dispensation from the Grand Master to waive said requirement.

I presided over a double amputee that wished to become a Mason. The request for dispensation was approved within 2 hours after I faxed the request to the Grand Secretary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom