• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That is a load of crap. Just because a person doesn't think you should get tax breaks for committing to stick it into only fella, does not make one a gay hater. It makes you a person who believes that you shouldn't change definitions with the political winds.

Remember, what the gays want is to REDEFINE a word and an institution. This has nothing to do with "rights", it has to do with wanting to change definitions of words.

Hell yeah two dudes or two chicks committing to stick with playing with each other is way outside the definition of the word and institution of marriage. If two gays want to go get someone to declare them married, g'luck. That doesn't mean the state should redefine its terms to recognize that as within a definition that per se excludes such things.

You know what is really weak; people who demand that things be redefined so they can be all politically correct and pretend like there is no difference between a homosexual and heterosexual relationship...

This is especially so when my tax dollars are going to go to support these things.

The arrogance of those who want to redefine words and institutions to make them all inclusive so we can all get together and feel mushy-good about ourselves is what is really laughable.

Joe

Who owns and gets to define the institution of marriage? The State? The Church?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm sure there were those who thought the sanctity of marriage would be destroyed when we started to stray from arranged marriages. I'm not against tradition when it makes sense. But when we've reached the point where no one remembers why the tradition was put into place, people will push back against it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw[/ame]

watch

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'm sure there were those who thought the sanctity of marriage would be destroyed when we started to stray from arranged marriages. I'm not against tradition when it makes sense. But when we've reached the point where no one remembers why the tradition was put into place, people will push back against it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw

watch

The definition of "marriage" and the definition of "arranged marriage" have never been the same. That is why one has a modifier attached, to distinguish it from the other.

Marriage is generally defined by the society it exists in. Specifically, there are legal definitions by the state as what marriages will be legally recognized, by religions as to what constitutes a valid marriage etc.

Marriage has historically ALWAYS been legally defined in this country as between man and woman. Wanting to keep this definition in place, especially as it is reflective of society's definition, is far from hating gays.

Joe

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I could care less what people do behind closed doors. If it's between two consenting adults then I don't consider it to be anyone's business but the parties involved. I vote that a complete restructuring of the tax procedures is conducted so that there are no tax advantages for being married or not being married. Maybe that would make the issue moot?

Just as I said over the whole rainbow cupcake ordeal, the problem I have with the gay activists is that it isn't equality they are seeking. They already have equality, the have the right to be as homosexual as they want to be without fear of prosecution or persecution. They want special treatment, simple tolerance is not enough. If gay marriage were legalized tomorrow in all 50 states they would be pushing for something else next. There will be no end to the demands until every American is forced to stand roadside during the gay parades and cheer for the men walking down the street with their buns hanging out of a pair of chaps.

I wonder when the Fed gov't will be asked to pay reparations for the wrongdoing their predecessors faced? Perhaps we should be paying full military retirements to those forced out of the military before the DADT policy was implemented?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Well, since the gop voted across the board to support and pass Joint resolution 6 this past session, that would be the anti-gay vote he cast. Government has no business defining marriage between consenting adults. JR 6 passed overwhelmingly, did Hinkle not vote for it? Was he part of the lone 29 or so people who voted against Bosma's wishes?

Two people of the same sex can't be married to each other. That's the way it ought to stay.

I applaud Hinkle the homo for his anti-gay vote. I bet he did it to just hide his proclivity for homosexuality....ya think?

Which brings the point that homosexuals can't be trusted because they lie all the time.

So get him out of government, he's not worthy. He needs to go to jail along with the twinkie that came to his hotel looking for a "job".

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Actually a huge chunk of the Indiana delegation voted right alongside their gop brethren on SJ 6. Less than 30 voted against it. I'd say that puts them all pretty much in the same boat. You can't go wrong in this state taking away rights from an icky minority.

Homosexuals have NEVER EVER EVER had the right to marry each other in this state so there is NO rights being taken away from them. With any luck, homosexuals won't ever have the legal right to marry each other in this state.

I applaud the General Assembly for seeing this.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Yeah, but he ain't all bad.

Date Bill Title Vote Outcome 04/18/2011Banning Local Restrictions on Gun Ownership
    SB 292 Yes Bill Passed - House
    (77 - 21) 03/04/2010Authorizing Firearms at Workplace
    HB 1065 Yes Conference Report Adopted - House
    (75 - 20) 02/01/2006Firearms and Self-Defense
    HB 1028 Yes Bill Passed - House
    (82 - 18)

Oh don't fall for it. Hinkle votes FOR something to hide the fact he is really AGAINST it. He voted against same sex marriage but since he is a homosexual we all know that was just a ploy to foll us all. These homosexuals are a crafty bunch...never know what they are thinking.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So do homos have the right to drink at the same water fountains as 1st Class Citizens?

Which states recognized that "right" in 1791?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    #@!* #@)($*!!! We have things far more important to do than which body part is allowed to go into which body part between two consenting adults. Why is our culture so obsessed with sexual mores? We are being robbed by Wall Street pirates, we are fighting three wars, our economy is in the toilet, and sex scandals make the front page?

For the record, I am with the Rent Is Too Damned High Party on marriage: "if you want to marry a shoe, I'll marry you."

Mr./Ms Politician, you can cheat, whore, have gay sex, send nude pictures of yourself over the internet, etc. as much as you like. I don't give a flying Glock. That's up to your conscience and your family. Just get us out of this damned mess.

Da Bing

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't know of any that restricted it, do you? In fact, how many had water fountains?
    It must be a real right then. Damn. The Gay Agenda has been slowly eroding our society for hundreds of years. Whats next? Equal treatment on tax forms?

Top Bottom