• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Well, since the gop voted across the board to support and pass Joint resolution 6 this past session, that would be the anti-gay vote he cast. Government has no business defining marriage between consenting adults. JR 6 passed overwhelmingly, did Hinkle not vote for it? Was he part of the lone 29 or so people who voted against Bosma's wishes?

So, if you're gay, you're not allowed to oppose same-sex marriage? Is that how it is? Maybe he's seen enough heterosexual divorce and thinks he's sparring gays the same fate. Perhaps he wanted to keep them available and posting on Craigslist. How's that make him "anti-gay?"

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, if you're gay, you're not allowed to oppose same-sex marriage? Is that how it is? Maybe he's seen enough heterosexual divorce and thinks he's sparring gays the same fate. Perhaps he wanted to keep them available and posting on Craigslist. How's that make him "anti-gay?"
    Nope. He's free to vote however he pleases, even if it's against the interests of his group. But a vote in that direction will get you the proper label. Vote against gun rights and you're an anti. Same goes for voting against smokers rights, those of women, blacks or whomever. His vote, along with his compatriots, for JR 6 was anti-gay, on its face.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What were the states that permitted gay marriage in 1791?:scratch:
    Since when is state recognition of a right necessary for you to have that right? The only role a state should have, where rights are concerned is protecting it. Blacks couldn't marry whites until we recognised the right to marry whomever we pleased. States across the country are today recognising the right of gay Americans to marry. Indiana just happens to be at the forefront of the denial states, (like the South was with miscegenation).

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That's the part that's really got me :scratch:.

Not really that confusing. This means no more cocktail parties, fund raising dinners and rubbing elbows with power. Her life is ruined just as much as his. The gravy train just ran off the tracks. Heck, maybe moreso. She has a cheating husband who turned out to also be gay.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, since the gop voted across the board to support and pass Joint resolution 6 this past session, that would be the anti-gay vote he cast. Government has no business defining marriage between consenting adults. JR 6 passed overwhelmingly, did Hinkle not vote for it? Was he part of the lone 29 or so people who voted against Bosma's wishes?

So you don't know how he voted. You said you checked his votes and found him to be anti-gay and didn't just rely upon the characterization of the radical homosexual website... I am confused.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So much confusion when it comes to discussing this subject matter. We talk about Rights without understanding what a Right is. We talk about Marriage without understanding what Marriage is.

The issue isn't about homosexuals having the right to marry. It's about defining rights and defining marriage. That's where the fight ensues.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Since when is state recognition of a right necessary for you to have that right?

Since the beginning of Constitutional analysis.

Again, what states recognized the marriage of homosexuals in 1791? I'll answer it myself, none.

Blacks couldn't marry whites until we recognised the right to marry whomever we pleased.

By passing the Fourteenth Amendment. Loving struck down the 1924 Virginia statute via the Fourteenth. We do not have the right to marry whomever we please.

If you want to pass the Gay Marriage Amendment or the Anyone Can Marry Anyone Else Including Groups or Animals Amendment, then pass it and start striking down the old, eeevil restrictive state laws.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So a vote to preserve the definition of marriage makes him an "anti-gay" crusader. Whatever.

Doesnt necessarily make you a crusader for the cause, but if you oppose gay marriage you are anti gay. How can it be any other way? You are wanting to deny two consenting adults the same rights you have because they are different.

I dont want to see a gay male couple do what they do, but why should I or anyone else deny them the same rights I have? People use religion as a crutch but that is just weak. Two guys getting married has nothing to do with you, your beliefs, or your life at all. If God really has an issue with it, let him handle it, you dont need to.

The arrogance of some to think they should be the judge and jury for others lives is laughable.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I've met Mr. Hinkle many times and always thought he was a pretty nice guy. I guess everybody has their secrets and private lives. His career is done regardless.

WOW, unbelievable. I heard about this on the radio driving up to Milwaukee this afternoon. I jumped on the laptop as soon as I got to the hotel.

I was present in several meetings with Philip Hinkle over the rails to trails crap we were fighting back in 1996. I NEVER would have expected this. While I could care less if someone is gay or not, (none of my business) This is just wrong, he is toast.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Since when is state recognition of a right necessary for you to have that right? The only role a state should have, where rights are concerned is protecting it. Blacks couldn't marry whites until we recognised the right to marry whomever we pleased. States across the country are today recognising the right of gay Americans to marry. Indiana just happens to be at the forefront of the denial states, (like the South was with miscegenation).

No, miscegenation statutes were struck down based on the 13th and 14th Amendment as badges of slavery. There was no recognized "right to marry whomever we pleased." No one conceived, enunciated or claimed any such right until relatively recently in history.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Come on guys. A cookie cutter family values/religious conservative got busted with a twink and tried to pay him off - along with his wife apparently. His voting record is hypocritical when compared against his personal life. I feel sorry for these types when they get outed. It has to be difficult dealing with such an internal struggle and leading two seperate lives.

While I'm really saddened to see this happen, I'm also holding my judgment in abeyance for awhile. The commission of the act is, indeed the ruination of Rep. Hinkle's career, but I'll have to hear some sort of evidence better than the word of an admitted male prostitute and his sister before I'll believe most of their allegations.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Doesnt necessarily make you a crusader for the cause, but if you oppose gay marriage you are anti gay. How can it be any other way? You are wanting to deny two consenting adults the same rights you have because they are different.

I dont want to see a gay male couple do what they do, but why should I or anyone else deny them the same rights I have? People use religion as a crutch but that is just weak. Two guys getting married has nothing to do with you, your beliefs, or your life at all. If God really has an issue with it, let him handle it, you dont need to.

The arrogance of some to think they should be the judge and jury for others lives is laughable.

I gave at least two examples how it could be any other way and those had absolutely nothing to do with religion. It's a non sequitor to say that opposing same-sex marriage makes you "anti-gay."

Top Bottom