• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm not certain where "second class citizenship" comes into play. While homosexual relationships have been and are acceptable in some cultures, I can't think of any where homosexual marriage has been accepted - and that's the crux of the "second class citizen" argument.

I would argue that the problem is in the movement of outspoken homosexuals demanding universal imprimatur on their choices. Marriage has been defined as it is throughout human history. This argument is like a black man claiming discrimination because he is not redefined as some other ethnicity and called such. Personally, although I consider homosexuality categorically wrong, I will maintain that anyone has a right to join their worldly fortunes with whomever they choose. That does not include redefining words and institutions (like marriage, which, again, is what it is). This is the same type of thinking that threatens our own rights as more erosion is done to the Constitution by redefining the words contained within than by amendment or simply ignoring it. What little sympathy I may have entertained evaporated that the point that homosexuals were offered a union geared to their type of relationship and they immediately responded with the notion that if it doesn't start with the letter 'm' it isn't good enough. I am sorry, but redefining language is not a right. Now I will return to my standard foundational position: If non-homosexuals were the intolerant and dangerous monsters that selected groups like to portray them as being, there would be no living homosexuals available to complain about it.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Blah blah blah, Christians suck because they won't let me into their "club" because I don't believe like they do. They tell me they don't like the things I do, like my dad used to and he was a "meanie". But I believe everyone should do things my way and they won't line up, so obviously they are mean bullies who hate everyone who thinks different than them. I'm a tolerant person, but we should throw them into a volcano and send them to their stupid "god" and then I won't have to listen to them tell me things like "don't stick your penis in light sockets" I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MARRY MY LIGHT SOCKET AND DO WHATEVER I WANT WITH IT!! etc etc

I think that about sums up some of the arguments here :D

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Blah blah blah, Christians suck because they won't let me into their "club" because I don't believe like they do. They tell me they don't like the things I do, like my dad used to and he was a "meanie". But I believe everyone should do things my way and they won't line up, so obviously they are mean bullies who hate everyone who thinks different than them. I'm a tolerant person, but we should throw them into a volcano and send them to their stupid "god" and then I won't have to listen to them tell me things like "don't stick your penis in light sockets" I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MARRY MY LIGHT SOCKET AND DO WHATEVER I WANT WITH IT!! etc etc

I think that about sums up some of the arguments here :D

so seriously why is this in purple? :rockwoot:

i mean it sounds right to me

jake

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    More gay bullying in the news. Romney staffer forced to resign after extremists find out he is gay.

EXCLUSIVE: Richard Grenell hounded from Romney campaign by anti-gay conservatives - Right Turn - The Washington Post

The bible community is hailing it as a "huge win".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGc6ldB8i44&

I don't have enough bandwidth to watch your video...I'll concede the likelihood you were able to find somebody that is overjoyed with this turn of events.

But from what I could read:
    UPDATE (3:10 p.m.): The Romney camp has now responded via campaign manager Matt Rhoades: “We are disappointed that Ric decided to resign from the campaign for his own personal reasons. We wanted him to stay because he had superior qualifications for the position he was hired to fill.”

That is a perhaps too subtle retort to those calling for Grenell’s head, that he was not hired to advise on gay issues but on foreign policy matters.

But I read this as maybe he didn't like his job.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The "anti-bullying" rant by Mr Savage illustrates that homosexual activist are not interested in "equal rights", which, I would submit, they already have (the government currently does not consider homosexuallity a crime and does not prosecute for anything resulting from their lifestyle choices). In their minds, they will achieve their goal of "equal rights" only when their lifestyle choices are accepted by everyone. So in essence, their perception of "equal rights" is a violation of the rights of devoutly religious people who deem their lifestyle immoral.

Additionally, which other religious tennets should we throw out? Stealing? Killing? I dont think any of us, regardless of our beliefs regarding religion and deity, would want to live in a society undefined or uninfluenced by them. Those who wish to travel down that road have no idea what they are wishing for. Without religion there is no right or wrong. Without religion there are no rights.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The "anti-bullying" rant by Mr Savage illustrates that homosexual activist are not interested in "equal rights", which, I would submit, they already have (the government currently does not consider homosexuallity a crime and does not prosecute for anything resulting from their lifestyle choices). In their minds, they will achieve their goal of "equal rights" only when their lifestyle choices are accepted by everyone. So in essence, their perception of "equal rights" is a violation of the rights of devoutly religious people who deem their lifestyle immoral.

Additionally, which other religious tennets should we throw out? Stealing? Killing? I dont think any of us, regardless of our beliefs regarding religion and deity, would want to live in a society undefined or uninfluenced by them. Those who wish to travel down that road have no idea what they are wishing for. Without religion there is no right or wrong. Without religion there are no rights.

The only thing wrong with this is that it will only let me rep you once for it! :yesway: :+1: :thumbsup:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Stealing and killing are religious tennets?[sic]. I would agree with that. Religion distorts right and wrong, that is for sure.

Back to gays. You say that gays will only be happy when their lifestyle is accepted by everyone. That isn't true, gays know that bigotry will remain, kids will be beaten and dragged behind pickups because of what they heard on a Sunday morning. Equal opportunity under the law is a different beast.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Stealing and killing are religious tennets?[sic]. I would agree with that.

Back to gays. You say that gays will only be happy when their lifestyle is accepted by everyone. That isn't true, gays know that bigotry will remain, kids will be beaten and dragged behind pickups because of what they heard on a Sunday morning. Equal opportunity under the law is a different beast.

..and what about your own bigotry? or do two wrongs equal a right in your world?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Stealing and killing are religious tennets?[sic]. I would agree with that. Religion distorts right and wrong, that is for sure.

Hmmm...I've never attended a service where the pastor advocated beating or dragging people for any reason.

I have heard evil and idiocy spewed from idiots like the WBC, Jeremiah wright, Louis farrakhan, etc. But they do not represent the message I was taught was the path to salvation.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmm...I've never attended a service where the pastor advocated beating or dragging people for any reason.

I have heard evil and idiocy spewed from idiots like the WBC, Jeremiah wright, Louis farrakhan, etc. But they do not represent the message I was taught was the path to salvation.

+1
    Been going to church & serving Christ most of my adult life, never heard a Preacher advocate any violent activities against another's beliefs.

I've been taught to hate the sin, love the sinner!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Remember, bigotry against Christians for the actions of a few is OK, bigotry BY Christians however, is not.
    Yes, it's hypocrisy, but some people aren't open minded enough to see that in themselves.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Remember, bigotry against Christians for the actions of a few is OK, bigotry BY Christians however, is not.
    Yes, it's hypocrisy, but some people aren't open minded enough to see that in themselves.

Many people confuse the actions of the few with the teachings of the One.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Not sure where to start here.

That thievery and murder is wrong is adistortion of right and wrong by religion?

Yes most churches actually issue instructions regarding the proper method to attach and drag gay people behind pickup trucks. Pickup ownership is a requirement for attendance in most churches by the way. Christian people are intolerant of non pickup owning folk.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The "anti-bullying" rant by Mr Savage illustrates that homosexual activist are not interested in "equal rights"

Again, if you think its wrong for all Christians to be lumped together and demonized because of a few, remember not to do the same to other groups.

Mr. Savage's rant tells you something about Mr. Savage (the individual).

Top Bottom