Another "victim" in the "lost" war on drugs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    You posted some unrelated guy's girlfriend's reaction to an unrelated police shoot. You went on to praise the killing as if it had anything in common with the suspected carjacker. Destro went on equate carjacking with getting high.

You guys are equating things that are unrelated and not created equal.

Lets get back go glorifying another deadly no-knock bedroom raid.

A good police shoot is a good police shoot, they are related, they were justified and they are equal because the bad guy is dead.

You aren't stating your case correctly, let me help you.

You need to come out and say that you are angry about criminal penalties for drug possession, manufacture, sale and use. Those criminal penalties make getting high difficult and the fear of getting caught is magnified by the effects of the drug(s).

You need to come out and say that you want all criminal penelties lifted for the manufacturing, possession, sale and use of all currently illegal drugs.

Being honest is the best therapy.

And I own page 5 :patriot:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I saw this story on the news this morning, and it kind of got me thinking. What would I do if awakened in the middle of the night to my door being broken down and shouting?

I honestly think it would be grabbing my shotgun to protect myself and my family. Not knowing what was going on, being woke up like that would be a huge adrenaline dump, and I think most people's "fight or flight" instincts would kick in. Would that be enough to get me shot? The officers went in probably knowing the suspect could be armed increasing their stress level as well. Putting myself in the officer's shoes, I certainly wouldn't give a person swinging a shotgun too many chances to drop it (I want to go home to my family too.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not posting this to fan the flames. I wasn't there, so I have no idea how the actual situation in question went down, and I have no reason to fear officers knocking my door down. I don't know if the suspect had time to grasp the situation, and to understand that it was, in fact, the police breaking into his apt.

This was just a serious question that came to mind when I saw the story this AM.

There are many instances of them going to the wrong house. You, innocent or not, would be just as dead.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It would be homicide. Probably not murder unless you already intended to shoot them before they pointed at you. Self-defense could play a role as well.

As usual, details are important.

Seems difficult to claim that a half-asleep dude reaching for his gun is a would-be murderer, as posted above.

In fact, using force against strangers pointing guns at you in your bedroom seems about as clear cut as you can get to self-defense.

But self-defense does not seem to apply when you've allegedly gotten high in your lifetime.

If the police were operating in a "legal" manner than no, I wouldn't consider it murder on their part if the man went for a weapon.

Ok. They shot because he went for his weapon. Now apply your standard to the homeowner.

The strangers "went for their weapons" before they even entered the house.

If they bust in his door to illegally steal his money or his drugs then yes.

The motives of the strangers are impossible to know at the moment of contact. How do you suggest people address that?

Police officers aren't the only ones who know how to wear black masks and scream "POLICE" as they break in.

Homeowners have to make a split second decision to react or submit. Either could ruin their lives forever.

So, again, would you consider this action by the police if they were acting lawfully murder?

I'm just curious. And talking about this instance only.

Not really in the traditional sense. At the moment they pulled the trigger, they very well may have been protecting themselves. But all the events that brought them up to that point were unjust. The outcome is equally unjust.

They are cogs in a giant murder-machine. Everyone from judges to legislators to enforcers have their hands soaked in innocent blood. Legal pieces of paper don't absolve their moral responsibility in this systematic tyranny.

Do you advocate shooting the police if their actions are "legal"?

Do you advocate shooting gun owners in their bedrooms?

How about old men in nursing homes?

The standard you get to use should be applied to all.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You aren't stating your case correctly, let me help you.

You need to come out and say that you are angry about criminal penalties for drug possession, manufacture, sale and use. Those criminal penalties make getting high difficult and the fear of getting caught is magnified by the effects of the drug(s).

You need to come out and say that you want all criminal penelties lifted for the manufacturing, possession, sale and use of all currently illegal drugs.

Why didn't I think of that? Let me come out of hiding. The Drug War is in every sense an act of tyranny. Prohibition Part II will be remembered as an even bigger cluster**** as Prohibition Part I. An evil, immoral, disgrace. An embarrassment. A destroyer of lives and a devourer of tax-dollars.

It does give us a transparent look at how far flag-waving patriots are willing to go in the name of the law. People who will invade your bedroom and kill you over drugs will willfully do the same thing because you broke a gun control law. They'd kill you and give each other high fives afterward, then gloat about it online.

Yes, please, lets end the insane criminal penalties being put on people who do nothing harmful to anyone but themselves. Buy, sell, manufacture whatever you want. It doesn't bother me and I sure as hell don't want to fund the legal killing of people who do it.

I saw this story on the news this morning, and it kind of got me thinking. What would I do if awakened in the middle of the night to my door being broken down and shouting?

You should assume the fetal position and do whatever the strangers say. Definitely don't try to defend your family. This is how we are expected to act.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here's more wanking material.

Let me guess... poor old man was probably going to visit his grandbabies and go feed the pigeons later. BOO HOO. Now you're dead. HA HA HA

Good shoot, police! Keep on raiding and killing. Never rest while people are out there getting intoxicated without permission.

These daily killings are great P.R. too.

Police smell meth, raid home, kill 80-year-old, find no meth | The Daily Caller

Mallory-e1381907380372.jpg

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Destro, In your link it was referred to as a coordinated series of raids. I don't know if they knocked or not (when I hear the word raid I don't picture knocking), but the link made it clear that he was in bed when they entered, and he went for his gun. He was pointing his gun at officers and they, fearing for their lives, shot him. You all can look up my post history and see I'm no cop basher, but this story did raise serious questions in my mind when I saw it on the news this morning.

Personally, I don't find this story to be one to gloat over no matter where you fall on the issue. A life was snuffed out and at least one officer's life will never be the same.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

And I own page 5 :patriot:

huh? You need to not tell people what they should think, especially when what you quoted has pretty much nothing to do with what you said. The issues you mentioned arent the only problems here, (if) this was a no knock warrant the officers are lucky none of them got "hurt"

How many people here on INGO WOULDNT grab a gun if someone kicked in their door? Guess what, if it was a no knock warrant (maybe even) at the wrong house you're now dead.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    i have not seen whether or not this was a no-knock warrant or a regular pound on door, police! type deal. if it was a no knock, i am sorry but i almost wish he would have at least clipped one of the detectives involved who would go on for a full recovery, that way at least they would get the point that no knock warrants are a bad idea. if this was the typical knock, police, they guy knew they were there and went for the weapon, then i call it a good shoot. unfortunately, the current laws allow for someone going to jail for something that is their own business. if we just let these people ruin their own lives and leave them alone, we would save a ton of blood and treasure from not fighting this obsurd "war"
    Tagged, for interest .....

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Why didn't I think of that? Let me come out of hiding. The Drug War is in every sense an act of tyranny. Prohibition Part II will be remembered as an even bigger cluster**** as Prohibition Part I. An evil, immoral, disgrace. An embarrassment. A destroyer of lives and a devourer of tax-dollars.

all 100% legal and constitutional (something people love to support, as long as it is helpful to their cause, controlled by elected persons

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    all 100% legal and constitutional (something people love to support, as long as it is helpful to their cause, controlled by elected persons

Back in the olden days they used to pass constitutional amendments to pursue outrageous prohibition boondoggles. Despite their horrific ideas and disdain for liberty, they at least respected the constitutional process.

Which is more than I can say for modern Drug Warriors.

Where's the amendment that bans drugs? You claim to support the constitution, don't you? How come an amendment was necessary back then, but not now?

The modern drug war is 100% unconstitutional.

If you are willing to break the LAW, don't B!@#$ h if it doesn't end well. Screw 'em.

Bob

What about people who willingly break the constitution?

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    some times i wonder why our country is going to hell and then i read a thread like this. we have cops and some g.i. joe doll lover boy from khyber pass that think its funny that a person was killed in his bed by the cops because the war on drugs laws said its ok. America has lost her morels and you God less souls need prayer, meds, and therapy to get you through the stockholm syndrome your suffering from. never forget karma is a b**ch

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It was not a no knock. He wasn't surprised. Several other people in the apartment had already been detained and he was hiding in the closet.

Feel free to resume speculating, though.

Top Bottom