Another "victim" in the "lost" war on drugs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Car Jacking is not a "real crime", so instead of having a bunch of armed thugs running around, we should let the free markets sort it all out, you know...trade and stuff. VOTE RON PAUL!

Carjacking is a real crime in my book. Getting high isn't.

Vote Ron Paul.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    582x386px-LL-47e8dbce_Point_over_your_head1.jpeg

:):

I get the point, it's some type of sarcastic gross misrepresentation of those of us who happen to be against the "war on drugs".

I'm just trying to get this guy to expose the ridiculousness of his own arguments so I don't have to.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    How do you determine that those knocking on your door are bona fide LEOs when criminals also use the ruse of posting as LEOs to gain entry?

If a homeowner doesn't have time to assess the situation (i.e. see marked vehicles outside, call 911, etc.), assumptions are made, and the stage is set for tragedy on both sides.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is apples and oranges. Carjacking is not a victimless crime. It is a violent crime against an individual or individuals. There is a huge difference between that and smoking some weed. That the LEO sees no difference is the real issue here.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    Wait........ are you trying to present that carjacker as the same guy??

This is not even the same case. The articles share nothing in common.

One happened this morning, the other last Friday. One at 1:30 AM, the other at 6:30 AM. One guy was shot in his bedroom, the other in an alley. One in Carmel, the other in Indy.

One case involved a real crime, the other mentions a year's worth of wasted manhours on a prohibition offender.

?????

What brought that on?

I sense a lot of defensive anger here. If you'd like to tell us about it we are all ears.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ?????

What brought that on?

I sense a lot of defensive anger here. If you'd like to tell us about it we are all ears.

You posted some unrelated guy's girlfriend's reaction to an unrelated police shoot. You went on to praise the killing as if it had anything in common with the suspected carjacker. Destro went on equate carjacking with getting high.

You guys are equating things that are unrelated and not created equal.

Lets get back go glorifying another deadly no-knock bedroom raid.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm just curious what the standard for "murder" is. You seem to be saying that any use of force by the homeowner would be "murder."

Is it murder to shoot someone who is pointing a gun at you?

It would be homicide. Probably not murder unless you already intended to shoot them before they pointed at you. Self-defense could play a role as well.

As usual, details are important.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm just curious what the standard for "murder" is. You seem to be saying that any use of force by the homeowner would be "murder."

Is it murder to shoot someone who is pointing a gun at you?
    If the police were operating in a "legal" manner than no, I wouldn't consider it murder on their part if the man went for a weapon. If they bust in his door to illegally steal his money or his drugs then yes.

So, again, would you consider this action by the police if they were acting lawfully murder? Do you advocate shooting the police if their actions are "legal"?

I'm just curious. And talking about this instance only.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If the police were operating in a "legal" manner than no, I wouldn't consider it murder on their part if the man went for a weapon. If they bust in his door to illegally steal his money or his drugs then yes.

So, again, would you consider this action by the police if they were acting lawfully murder? Do you advocate shooting the police if their actions are "legal"?

I'm just curious. And talking about this instance only.

Im not going to get into what or if/when I think legitimate reasons to shoot police are because I don't want to get the ban hammer. But I don't believe all laws are right and therefore they must be resisted. Each. Person has to choose how far they will go for which cause. I don't use illegal drugs but I support those who do (I mean I support their right to choose for themselves) and if I were ever selected for jury duty I wouldn't vote to convict in a drug "crime". Also if someone defended themselves if someone else was trying to take their guns I wouldn't vote to convict either.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw this story on the news this morning, and it kind of got me thinking. What would I do if awakened in the middle of the night to my door being broken down and shouting?

I honestly think it would be grabbing my shotgun to protect myself and my family. Not knowing what was going on, being woke up like that would be a huge adrenaline dump, and I think most people's "fight or flight" instincts would kick in. Would that be enough to get me shot? The officers went in probably knowing the suspect could be armed increasing their stress level as well. Putting myself in the officer's shoes, I certainly wouldn't give a person swinging a shotgun too many chances to drop it (I want to go home to my family too.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not posting this to fan the flames. I wasn't there, so I have no idea how the actual situation in question went down, and I have no reason to fear officers knocking my door down. I don't know if the suspect had time to grasp the situation, and to understand that it was, in fact, the police breaking into his apt.

This was just a serious question that came to mind when I saw the story this AM.

Top Bottom