• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fahid again walked over to the old rusty safe and entered his combination, retrieved the metal box, placed it on the ground, unlocked it and removed the secret USB drive. Unbuttoning the flap on his shirt pocket of his olive drab uniform with his free hand he dropped the small aluminum cased device into it. He then reversed the procedure, and then he rose to face Rahim and said "Shall we go?" "With pleasure my brother." The two headed for the secured flaps of the tent. Fahid drew a bright shiny razor sharp dagger from his right side and easily cut the Zip ties that had kept prying eyes and ears away from the previous private conversation that had just occurred. Rahim bent down and grabbed the zipper and finished opening the tent. As the two began their trek to the intelligence center, Fahid motioned to the two guards to follow them. With the sun down and the Moon hidden behind the mountains, the two entered the curtain of darkness with only the dim light of the intelligence center to guide them. Upon their arrival they were greeted by two more guards both armed primarily with AK 47’s. But one guard had an American M4 carbine slung across his back. Fahid knew the guard, and knew why he had the heavily accessorized gun. It was a trophy he had stripped from a dead American Commando that had nearly gotten to Osama several years ago. He and Rahim were both veterans of that encounter, and each carried their own trophies. Both proudly carried the classic Colt .45 which was as prized to them as the German Lugers were to American GI’s of WWII. They were extremely rare since most American and NATO soldiers carried the Berretta M9. The Dagger Fahid carried he had stripped from who he believed was an American Navy SEAL. Above the mouth of the cave in a crater made by an American artillery shell was a machine gun nest that was manned by a crew of two with a PKM, and two more soldiers armed with Mosin Nagant rifles. A long outdated weapon but very useful at the long distances in this rugged mountain terrain and it shared the same ammunition as the PKM so they were still very useful weapons.

The two entered the cave with their two guards close behind. Mahmud was so busy with papers and dispatches he did not realize that his two commanders had walked up behind him. "Mahmud we have come to check on your progress" announced the senior of the two. Extremely startled the work in front of the young captain scattered in all directions as he fell forward across the table. The two commanders chuckled to themselves for surprising the somewhat seasoned intelligence officer. "Mahmud was you asleep? Or did you think we were Americans come to kill you?" joked Rahim. "No sir…I was merely deep in analysis of this recent information of the American news feed." "No I think you were asleep." Continued Fahid, "extra guard duty for you my friend." The two old friends continued to enjoy the young captain’s embarrassment. Mahmud was not amused and a bit angry at their laughter at his expense. He quickly gathered the strewn paperwork as his seniors continued to chuckle and laugh. "You must be ever on your toes my young friend you never know when the Americans will sneak in and attack you." Rahim commented. Mahmud glared at the two as much as he dared, because both of them were known to have quick tempers. "Now tell me my young friend how many of our operatives have checked in so far?" queried Fahid. "Nearly all of our agents on the east and west coasts have checked in. But less than 50% from the Midwest have checked in." explained Mahmud. Fahid’s face went from a look of humor to one of concern. "How is that so it is not yet time for the west coast of the US to receive the signal" stated the elder Terrorist, "did you not follow protocol and send the messages by time zone?" "No! You told me to send out the message immediately, and that is what I did!" "You fool! I did not tell you to break procedure did I?" "But I was sure that is what you wanted because of the urgency of the situation." "Idiot I told you to follow your orders, and nothing more! Your disobedience may have tipped off the Americans that we may be planning something." Mahmud hung his head in shame. "Please forgive me Commander I was only trying to get you the information you needed as quickly as possible" "That’s quite alright my young friend" as Fahid reached around the young captain with his left arm as if to embrace him. "I’m sure Allah will forgive you." He then grabbed his .45 with his right hand flipping the safety off as he drew his weapon. He then jammed the muzzle of the large pistol into Mahmud’s left eye and pulled the trigger. The 230grn full metal jacket slug slammed through the young captain’s head and exploded out the back leaving a gaping hole in the back of his head. An eruption of blood and brains followed the slug, and all impacted the cave wall behind him. Mahmud’s lifeless body fell to the ground in a heap of flesh and bone. Fahid spat on the on the remains and said "Allah may forgive you, but I cannot. Get this out of here and let the Vultures have him." Motioning to the guards that had come with them," he does not deserve burial." Turning back to Rahim he said "We must now speed up the time table!"

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Natural disaster, terrorists, and now zombies. This might be the perfect INGO story! When you are done you should get it published for the Kindle. I am told it is easy and free or at least very cheap.

:shoot:Interesting way to create Zombies:shoot:
    Now did you really think I'd leave the Zombies out? Just needed to do some research to make it some what realistic. I wonder if Tom Clancey would have done it that way?...:D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And that's the problem with terrorist. They don't think "and then what?" I create Zombies in America, "and then what?" Duh, due to airplanes, it spreads. Allah isn't protecting you, because your own people were infected.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chapter 3

The sky over Indianapolis was now turning to a color that could only be described as burnt orange as the sun began to set. I could not tell from where I stood how much progress had been made getting the fires under control. I did know that the gentle breeze blowing out of the west was helping me cool off a little by evaporating the sweat that drenched my clothing. But even that came at a price, soot and other debris from the downtown fires came with it. I was covered with it and every time I tried to wipe it off it felt like I was using sand paper instead of an old soft and worn out T-shirt. My forehead was raw from the constant wiping to try to keep the sweat soot mixture out of my eyes which burned terribly when it dripped into them. I was filthy, tired, hot and exhausted, and I so much craved a long warm shower to get the crud off my body. But I would have to settle for a lukewarm sponge bath until I could get a filter system designed and made to filter the grey water for reuse. I could not wait to at least get out of the clothes I was wearing. All the stuff that the wind had carried in had formed a paste like substance that was now imbedded in the fibers of my jeans and t-shirt. I had been out all day in the merciless sun cleaning up my yard as best I could.

After our excursion to gather as much food and other supplies as we could. I had begun the task of cleaning up the yard while my wife cleaned the house and removed what things had been broken during the quake. The majority of my time had been spent with my 20" chain saw cutting and clearing the branches from the old cottonwood tree that had fallen between my garage and the renter’s house. I got lucky the tree and its branches did little damage to my garage. A couple of the heavier branches had caught the gutter and tore it off the garage, and severely scratched and dented the aluminum siding. I had cut and stacked the branches neatly at the back of the garage to use for firewood. Since we were now totally without any utilities it would come in handy to cook with and to boil water. I was lucky that I had planned a little bit for something like this keeping my Coleman stove and lantern from our BMX camping days. I had 10 one gallon cans of Coleman fuel with which to cook with and light my home. That would reduce my need to run the generator so much.

Where I did not get so lucky was that the utility pole had fallen against the back of my garage and done some significant damage to the roof. I had not even attempted to rectify that situation. It was going to be more than a one man job. I simply tacked a tarp over the damaged area to guard against rain. But this was august in Indiana and it had been a dry summer with just enough rain to allow the weather guys to not call it a drought. The previous owner had built the garage well so it was still usable and I could still secure it and its contents. I was thankful for that because until order was restored I would need that ability. This morning’s events had showed everyone that things were not going to be normal for quite a while. And nearly every time I had stopped to take a break from the sawing I could hear the occasional pop of what I believed was gunfire in the distance. Sometimes I heard what may have been screams, but I could not determine the direction from which they came. Nor was there really anything I could do about it by myself even if knew where they were coming from, and it weighed heavily on my mind. But I had to remain focused on our own survival. But it did remind me that we needed to do something that we had not done yet, and that was to go on sort of a reconnaissance mission around the neighborhood. To determine what security measures we may or may not need to put in place. I looked at my watch it was 8:30 PM time to quit and clean some of this crap off of me, eat a little dinner then fire up the genny for the 10 O’clock news, and get a fan going to try to cool off! Because my 5 KW generator was not big enough to run my air conditioner, god I was already missing the air conditioning. How soft we had gotten with our modern technology. How in the heck did the pioneers do it? Was it just because they did not miss what they did not have? Or were they just that much tougher than us?

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Genny fired up on the first pull, and I plugged it into the house’s system. I opened up two windows in the garage for ventilation, and grabbed the fan. As I walked out the garage door I hit the button for the opener and the big 16 ft. door began to close. I opened the side door to the house and found my wife hard at work on the Coleman stove cooking supper. The smell of chicken breasts frying in bacon fat and green beans cooking in the pan next to it was nothing short of heaven. She was a great cook having learned the craft from her mother whose cooking reminded me of how my grandmother cooked. My grandmother had passed away in the early seventies; we had lost her mom less than 2 years ago. Her mother was as close to a real “Hillbilly”as I had ever known. She had grown up inthe hills of Tennessee near the small town of Celina. But while she did not have more than a high school education she was one of the smartest people I had ever known in just plain common sense. My wife had told me many a story of visiting the log cabin that her mother had grown up in, and her grandmother was still living in before she died nearly the same time I lost my grandmother. That log cabin had no electricity until thelate 60’s. Running water consisted of the creek “down in the holler” as my mother-in-law used to say. Bathroom facilities were just as primitive. It began to occur to me that our present situation wasn’t that much different than those conditions.

“Smells good honey” I said as made my entrance. “I’ll bake a couple of potatoes in the microwave since you’re running the generator” she replied, “and there’s a pot of hot water sitting in the bath tub for you to clean up with.” “Thanks I’m really going to need it” I responded. Before going to get cleaned up I walked over to the ceiling fan and kicked it into high gear and stood there for just a minute to cool down a little. But it was a short minute because the muck that was covering me felt like it was turning into concrete. So I headed to the bathroom and began to clean up. I managed to remove my clothing before it hardened, and took a moment to look at myself in the mirror. My forehead looked like raw hamburger, and the rest of me was either sunburned or red from being rubbed by my soot soaked clothing. I grabbed a wash cloth and the soap and began the process of getting cleaned up. The soap stung my body in places where the soot mixture had rubbed me pretty well, but it still felt wonderful to become clean again. I had the drain to the tub open and let this water escape into the sewer system because I thought this water would be to cruddy to even try to filter and re-use. And when I finally felt like I had successfully cleaned myself off the pot of water my wife had provided me with was still about half full. And I could not resist the temptation to just gently pour the water over my entire body and get the simulated shower I so dearly wanted, it was the best feeling that I had felt all day!

“Supper’s done” I heard my wife call out. I dried myself off slipped into my usual cotton shorts and T-shirt that stood in for pajamas, placed my tired aching feet into my thick comfy slippers and headed for the kitchen. Debbie had our food placed on our best china and two glasses of chilled white wine were sitting on the dining room table that was covered with a simple white tablecloth and two candles were lit to give a romantic ambiance. She was dressed in a long white silky nightgown with a matching sheer robe, and after the day we had she look like the angel had always knew she was. It did not have to think very hard as to what she had planned after dinner. And I suddenly did not feel as tired as I was a few moments before. We both sat down at the table to consume the feast she had prepared. Buttercup had walked over and laid down next to the table to wait for any leftovers and the two cats were asleep on the matching recliners in the living room. We made some light small talk while we finished our meal. When we had finished I gathered both plates and scraped the few leftovers onto one plate and gave it to the dog as my wife made her way to the bedroom. “Don’t worry about the dishes they can wait till morning” she said. I walked over to the stove and set the timer for three hours so I would not forget to awaken to shut down the generator. When I walked into thebedroom my wife’s favorite CD was playing, and more candles were lit. The covers were turned down and my angel was lying on the bed motioning for me to join her. I briefly looked at the nightstand to make sure the .45 was handy then I turned around and closed and lockedthe door.

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It wasn’t the timer alarm that woke me from a sound sleep, but the distinct sound of car doors slamming and voices outside. I sat up in the bed and listened intently. All the windows in the house were opened which gave me the ability to hear the voices, but I could not make out what was being said except one or two shut the frak up’s. I cleared the cob webs out of my head quickly checked the room in the near total darkness. I felt around for my 1911, and found it next to my cell phone, I groped for my clothes that were lying on the floor next to the bed and slipped them on quickly. The muffled voices I could hear seemed to be getting closer, while I still could not make out much of what was being said, I figured they weren’t collecting for the Red Cross! I used the screen light from my cell phone to locate my extra mag dropped it into my short’s pocket. The weight of the seven Winchester SXT nearly took my shorts back off. I quickly pulled them up and tied them tighter around my waist. I crept over to my dresser and with the aid of the light from my phone I retrieved my LED flashlight. The next sound I heard sent a shot of adrenaline through my body. It was the sound of metal and wood clanging together and crashing to the ground. Definitely not good, someone was in my garage after my generator! I put the flashlight in my waist band giving me the ability to put a two handed grip on the .45 and assumed the low ready position. I slowly and quietly unlocked the bedroom door. Slicing the pie I made sure no one had entered the kitchen which was just outside the bedroom. That took me to the other side of the hallway. I continued creeping the few feet into the kitchen. I heard someone say "get the fraking bolt cutters now its fraking chained to the floor." Another shot of adrenaline hit me and my hands began to shake. I pulled the gun back to my waist keeping the muzzle pointed down and away from me. I looked around the kitchen again and as I contemplated my next move. I noticed the timer on the stove was counting down with just 15 seconds left on it. I slipped over and hit the off button to silence the alarm. I then heard a distinct mechanical click and the garage door going up. They had released the garage opener lock and were slowly raising it manually. These guys were a little smarter the than the punks in the drug store, and I was in an awkward position. I had to think of something quick!

I decided the front door was not an option that would put me between me them and their vehicle which was probably parked on the street with someone probably in it and maybe more than one. I quickly retreated to my back bedroom that had windows open to my backyard. Silently I removed the screen. Carefully I exited the bedroom and crouched down outside my house. I grabbed the flashlight and switched it on, keeping it low so as not to give my position away. I heard someone say "Hurry the frak up with fraking cutters man" as I heard the generator go silent. Damn I better do something now or I’ll lose my only source of power!

I continued silently to the back window of the garage. I could see light from flashlights scanning at random around the inside of the garage. I sneaked a little farther around the corner garage, it was clear. I spun around as heard one of the thieves say "How do you get this fraking plug out". That was it I was seconds away from losing the genny! The rear window was one of the ones I had opened for ventilation. I stood up and moved a couple of feet away from the back wall. And again quickly slicing the pie to minimize my exposure the first perp that came into view had the bolt cutters in his hands and a handgun stuffed in his waistband. I brought the 1911 and the flashlight up simultaneously and put the light in the face of bolt cutter guy. "What the frak man!" he said as he went for his gun. I had no choice with my eyes focused like lasers on the gun coming out I fired two quick shots. He screamed like a stuck pig and grabbed his lower abdomen shouting "I’m fraking hit man, I’m fraking hit". Just to his left almost out of view I caught the muzzle of an AK swinging in my direction. I pancaked out on the ground while the AK let loose a barrage of fire. Splinters of wood, fiber and shrapnel from the aluminum siding showered me. I heard something drop and bounce he must have dumped the mag! I came up in a kneeling position to get a little cover from my back wall. I quickly scanned again with my flashlight and found the AK dude, the thunder of the .45 was nearly deafening as I fired three more shots, and I saw him react violently and drop the AK. "Fraking help me man" screamed the wounded thief. I dove for the corner of the garage and did a tactical reload. "Where the frak did he go." one of them said. "Frak that I'm fraking hit get me outta here."

I heard an engine roar to life followed by the sound of the wounded being drug out of the garage and down the drive way. As I carefully crept down the side of my garage, I decided I would not shoot again if they were leaving. But I had to confirm that they were leaving. As I got to the front corner of the garage I could barely make out the shapes in the darkness, and I did not want to shoot unless I had to for fear of striking a neighbor’s house. They were nearly to their vehicle, which was some kind of pickup truck, probably loaded with loot. When they got to the truck I saw one of them raise a weapon and point it down the street. Then I heard a BOOM chuck BOOM chuck BOOM. And I saw a figure with a flash light and what was probably a pump shotgun standing in Gary’s driveway behind his Dodge truck. The bad guys jumped in the back of the truck dragging the wounded thief, and opened up with everything they had, but the shots went wildly into the air as the truck took off and rocked them off balance and they fell down into the bed. Two more booming shots came from Gary’s house as the thieves burned rubber down the street and around the corner…it was over.

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I took a deep breath and exhaled as I slid to the ground and rested up against the side of the garage. The figure with the flashlight across the street began to trot over towards me. And even in the moonless night I could make out the familiar shape of my neighbor. I began to shake and shiver and felt sick to my stomach. After effects of the adrenalin rush I thought. Never had I felt like that before. Even this morning at the drug store was not as intense I scared those guys off, this time I actually had to shoot someone. I knew I had to but it still was not a pleasant experience.

Gary finally reached me after what seemed like a longer time than it should have, but I felt my time perception was probably off due to what just occurred. "You alright" he asked. "I don’t think I’ve got any holes in me if that’s what you mean" I replied "Do you think you hit any of them Gary?" "Probably not damn thing’s loaded with squirrel loads I just grabbed the first gun I could find in the dark. It was empty and the squirrel loads is what was closest to the edge in the closet I was planning on going hunting this weekend! Looks like you did the way they were dragging that one guy." Just one?" I said, "I was sure I hit another one." "The rest of them looked pretty healthy the way they got their butts in that truck and hauled in the wounded one." I reached out my hand and Gary helped me up.

Just then I heard the side door unlock and open and my wife came running out. "You OK, what happened?" "Some thugs were after our generator" I responded "Let me see if your hurt" My wife gave me the once over as I assured her I was fine but she continued her examination till she was satisfied I was uninjured. By this time more of our neighborhood had awakened and came over to see what had happened, and after a brief explanation I asked the group "What the hell do I do now. The phones are out; cells still aren’t working how I report this." No one had an answer. I thought to myself in the current situation could I even find a cop. The only thing I could think of was to document the scene with photographs and see what happens. No one else may ever know what happened depending on how bad the two guys I shot were wounded. The hospitals were swamped with victims from the downtown fires and other quake related injuries. If they died their "buddies" might just dump the bodies and move on. "Let’s go and check things out in the garage" I said.

Gary and I led the way with our flashlights. I searched the south west corner of the garage for the genny. I found it quickly nearly where I had left it. They had moved it around some in their attempt to steal it and a pair of bolt cutters lay on the floor next to it in a pool of blood about the size of a meat and cheese platter from a deli. An AK was on the floor nearby. When we got up close I figured out at least part of what had happened to the other guy. The AK had two large dents in the side plate. The reaction I saw from him must have been from the bullets hitting the gun, and that’s why he dropped it. There was a long smear of blood on the floor and out on to the driveway but I could find no definitive proof that one of the three shots had actually hit the other theif. I knew one found its mark on the bolt cutter guy but I did not know where the other one went. Until my flashlight found my old steel change safe leftover from a former job I had many years ago. There was a large shallow dent in the door. The 230 grain hollow point just splattered on the heavy gauge steel door the door was nearly as thick as targets from Bobcat Steel. That made 4 out of 5 bullets accounted for. But there was no evidence of where the 5th one went.

"You must have one of them pretty good." Gary said as he stared at the pool of blood. "Yeah" I said, "I did didn’t I" "He probably won’t make it if he’s leaking like that." Gary said. "You’re more than like likely right." I replied. "Well I guess I’ll go get the camera and document the scene and try to cover my butt just in case." "I don’t think you got anything to worry about it was a good shoot." Gary said in a reassuring voice. "Still it won’t hurt to take a few pictures, and bag this stuff up." So I went in the house and with the aid of my flash light I located our digital camera and returned to the garage. But on the way out of the house I quickly shined the flash light down the side of the garage that paralleled the house. And there it was just above concrete blocks a hole about the size of a .45 I stepped of the landing between the house and garage and went over to photograph it I must have dropped the muzzle on that one. That meant the other bad guy was probably was uninjured. And that worried me as much having to shoot the bolt cutter dude. Because the gang was only down one member, and they now knew two things about me and one of my neighbors. Gary and I both had guns, and I had a generator two things they probably wanted badly and would probably be back for and in greater numbers. One thing was certain it was time to beef up security in the neighborhood.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok time for another rep contest while I work on the next installment. It may be too easy but at least you'll have to dig for it. Just after the initial earth quake a scientist from the US Geological survey was interviewed. Please give her name, and the famous person that I derived the name from.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I entered the garage again the crowd had thinned out just my wife, Gary and John from across the street remained. I began taking pictures as we discussed what we should do to be more secure in our area, especially at night. We decided that we should begin night watches at the very least. I suggested also that we make use of all the fallen trees around our immediate area to build some obstacles and or places to take cover and fight from if the need arose. Which I was sure would come sooner or later depending how fast FEMA could get their act together and get some aid in to Indy. There were other areas harder hit than we were and not and infinite supply of resources. The government would have to prioritize resources and no telling how that would go. I could not help think about Katrina and cluster frak that was! And that was just one large city. This disaster encompassed several states! We really needed to get better organized and make some long term plans.

When I finished taking photographs we all pitched in and cleaned up the mess. My wife and I went into the house to get some things. She went for the bleach I found the Coleman lantern to light the garage since the generator was already shut down. And I decided to leave off to cool and checking it for damage. When we returned Gary and John had already straightened up the mess that one of the thugs had made when he entered through the side window. Gary’s flashlight had provided sufficient light for that task. I used my flashlight to find a spot on my cluttered work bench to pump the Coleman up to pressure. I pulled out the narrow drawer underneath the work bench and found one of the lighters I always kept in the garage for lighting my propane torch, and the charcoal grill. I turned the knob to the lighting position and flicked the lighter to ignition, and lit the lantern. After it burned for a minute or so I adjusted it for maximum brightness. I then walked to the middle of the garage and placed it on a hook that I used for many purposes.

I started with the generator to evaluate its condition and make sure no major damage had been done. As the others went about other tasks to clean up the results of the carnage left behind. As I moved it around to check the line plug that one of Looters had tried to disconnect I noticed something on the ground underneath the genny. When I pushed it the rest of the way around I saw that the object was a Glock 17 pistol. I was not real schooled on all the various Glock Models so I immediately racked the slide and a 9mm cartridge flipped to the ground. Great I thought we could always use another gun, especially in a common caliber, and one that I reloaded and had plenty of. I stood up and started wiping some of the blood off of it. While it would probably be considered evidence in the incident here, it was more valuable to us for self-defense and the looters were in such a hurry to get out of here they probably don’t have a clue what happened to it. I walked back over to my workbench and grabbed a spray bottle of Windex that I always kept in the top shelf. I squirted it down generously then walked over to my other work bench and pulled off a couple of paper towels and began wiping it down.

I turned around and looked for John. And said, "Hey John, you only have that .38 for yourself and your wife don’t you." "Yes" he replied "a Ruger LCR that I bought for my walks around the block. It was priced right and all I thought I would ever need." " Well here take this." I said as I handed him the pistol. "The bolt cutter guy left it behind." John pushed the pistol back to me. "That’s an auto I don’t want something that complex." "Look these Glocks operate almost like a revolver. They are a striker fired safe action pistol. No external safeties to worry about its built into the trigger. And the trigger pull is just about like a double action revolver." "You've got one of them?" he asked. "No but I’ve fired by brother-in-laws model 22 I can show you how easy they are to work. We’ll need to put a couple of round through it to make sure it still works after I check it for any obvious damage." Just as I finished that sentence my eyes were drawn to a car slowly driving down our street. The person inside had a bright flashlight and was shining it back and forth in a full 180 degree sweep as if it was a radar antenna. Damn it now what?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom