• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Yeah, you're right. It's only money and possessions, I'm just disappointed because I really don't ever get or even ask for anything for myself. It is very rare for me to find something I want that I'm wiling to buy for myself. To me, giving my wife and children what they want is always more important and they are indeed never left wanting. I just wanted to vent about my misfortune at the pawnshop.
    Well said! I just mostly look through the classifieds on a daily basis and wish for what won't be.( better half and 4 daughters,1 son come first).Maybe some day I will get another AR-15 :dunno:

tdosha

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I thought I was the only one that this happened to!:):

I sold my mud truck this spring to make a couple of long anticipated firearm purchases. Then we got extremely lucky. My mother-in-law gave us her pool for FREE.

A privacy fence and deck later, no money left for the firearm purchase but I have a happy family.

Ryano23_98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    peru / kokomo
    I can relate to that. i have a wife and two kiddos and It takes months to save up to buy anything im wanting if i even get to at all. me and my wife try the allowance thing. Every paycheck she gets 25 to spend or to save up to buy something she wants and same for me. problem is i end up using mine on her or the kids or for bills

yup do the same thing ends up going in the tank most weeks

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I can relate to that. i have a wife and two kiddos and It takes months to save up to buy anything im wanting if i even get to at all. me and my wife try the allowance thing. Every paycheck she gets 25 to spend or to save up to buy something she wants and same for me. problem is i end up using mine on her or the kids or for bills

Same here. I give myself more money, have no kids, and it still gets spent on bills or my fiance. I hate to advocate debt, but half of the time I feel like I don't get to buy something unless I buy it on credit, because then I have to buy it. I'm not burdened with debt, but that is the sort of mindset that creates this problem, I suppose.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    As most of you know, it takes some time to save up enough money to buy a gun, especially when you have kids. After waiting for my check to come in I finally had enough money to put two guns in layaway at the pawnshop, a Marlin 336 and Remington 870 HD. Both were in good shape and both were priced way less than I've even seen here in the classifieds. Unfortunately, when I went in to put them in layaway I find out that they have both been sold! This has really put a damper on my day because I really liked both and have been excited all this week to go and get them. Oh well, Murphy's Law strikes again!
    I know exactally how you feel. I have fixed in-come so I have very little money. But, they have law-away :). I use it often. I`m able to get the guns I want, I just have to wait a bit. Try it. People will bash you for using it, but you get the gun you want. :)

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    I know exactally how you feel. I have fixed in-come so I have very little money. But, they have law-away :). I use it often. I`m able to get the guns I want, I just have to wait a bit. Try it. People will bash you for using it, but you get the gun you want. :)

That's the problem. I was going to put them in layaway, but they were sold before I could get the 20% down-payment together. It's alright though, I've already found replacements, but the store they are at doesn't have layaway so I'll need to save up some more!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    To me what's worse is saving your money, getting what you want, enjoying it for a short period of time, and then having to sell it at a dead loss to cover emergency funds.

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    I know the feeling very well, we have five boys and even with two jobs I could never put much savings together. I had a Stevens 12 ga. dbl. barrel that my dad had bough for me and it got used a lot. Now the kids are all grown and now the good imes are here for buying a lot of guns that I think I can't live without so hang in there and the good times will get here. One sort of funny thing is that the frst expensive (for me) was a Remington 870 Wingmaster. Took me awhile when hunting birds to think to pump in a round for second shot kept trying to use it like a double barrel.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    As most of you know, it takes some time to save up enough money to buy a gun, especially when you have kids. After waiting for my check to come in I finally had enough money to put two guns in layaway at the pawnshop, a Marlin 336 and Remington 870 HD. Both were in good shape and both were priced way less than I've even seen here in the classifieds. Unfortunately, when I went in to put them in layaway I find out that they have both been sold! This has really put a damper on my day because I really liked both and have been excited all this week to go and get them. Oh well, Murphy's Law strikes again!
    Well, I feel your pain, but better that way than to have most of your gun collection being sold off to take care of the family when your paycheck drops by about 250$ a week. I had spent twenty years building up a really nice collection, only to loose most of it just to make sure everyone could eat and not loose our home a few years ago.

I have been able to pick up a couple of guns the past few years, but will never be able to replace some of the guns I had to sell off. It still burns me.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    When a good deal on a gun, or anything else for that matter doesn't work out, there will be many more just as good, maybe better that will come your way. Have patience. Many times I have missed a deal here in the classifieds, only to find a much better one a couple of weeks later on here or somewhere else. Gun Karma

Dave

Top Bottom