• singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    45.jpg

Been waiting for one for awhile now. It was such a nice day today that I took 1/2 Day Vacation and drop by Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They just gotten 3 of the 22/45 RP. I like the 22/45 but the previous model's grips were a bit slim. The RP (Replaceable Panel) allow me to switch grips easily.

Ran 150 rounds at the range. Federals, CCI and Remington TB. Had issue with the CCI feeding. No issue with the Federal or Remington. The best part, look at the sticker to the left of the Gun. Paid $279.00

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Made a few changes. Added a Houge Grip ... what a difference! The pistol sits in my hand nicely now. Reddot scope I had laying around (got it at Walmart many years ago because it was on clearance). Next upgrade is a replacement trigger.
    ruger.jpg

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Ive been waiting to see one of those 22/45's with removable grips, looks like you have a winner there! Good choice on the grips, I love the Hogue wrap around grips!

And wow! Thats a decent price, I am sure up here in the Fort I will be looking at paying quite a bit more! Congrats on a great buy! :D

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Shows how well I stay up to date, I didn't know Ruger offered a changeable grip 22/45. I have been pondering what 22 handgun to suppress and this makes the choice much easier. With a Tactical Solution's upper one of these would work very well.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I really like my 22/45, didn't even have to adj. the sights. They were right on straight out of the box. The only thing I did was remove the LCI tab. It has ate everything I put thru it, I have never had a FTF or FTE.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I also removed the LCI metal tab from mine. Mine eats all kinds of ammo with very few issues.

I've put thousands of rounds through it and I really like the gun.

There will now be a group of people that will complain that these guns are hard to field strip and clean. It's not hard, takes a couple of times to learn, and it's easy to clean.

Great pistol and good price that you got.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Nice gun! I think you let me shoot it at MCFG a couple of days ago, right (it's hard to put a screen name with a face on these forums)? I had the Mark III with the VQ trigger.

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    That gun looks like it would be very comfortable with the wrap around grip. Very nice. I have a Ruger 22 also, and it is a lot of fun at the range.

Top Bottom