• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have been told by more than one person that the pot cures cancer and most every other disease known to mankind.

I'm pretty sure it's not a cure for anything, though it does provide mild pain relief and is a very good nausea reliever, which is why a lot of cancer patients use it. At least that's my understanding.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    A lot of you guys sound like anti-2a gun grabbers.

You don't have an iota of real world experience with this plant that grows from the soil......but because you've heard something or read something you're now an expert.

Y'all saying things like "I've never touched the stuff, but I can imagine it makes people do crazy and evil things.".....sounds almost like Schumer and Feinstein telling us how evil and crazy we are for owning an AR-15. Not only that, but because you are misinformed and heard some crazy anecdotal stories, now you want to ban marijuana or keep it illegal or make it more illegal.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Part of this is, any reasoning person should be able to understand that making it illegal doesn't make sense. How has the war on drugs gone? Billions or trillions of dollars spent, but drug use is just as bad, or worse, than ever. There has got to be a better way. The stuff exists and people are going to partake. Making it illegal has made total scumbag criminals rich and made inner cities barely livable. Maybe there's a better way? I certainly believe there is.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Part of this is, any reasoning person should be able to understand that making it illegal doesn't make sense. How has the war on drugs gone? Billions or trillions of dollars spent, but drug use is just as bad, or worse, than ever. There has got to be a better way. The stuff exists and people are going to partake. Making it illegal has made total scumbag criminals rich and made inner cities barely livable. Maybe there's a better way? I certainly believe there is.
    If there is a better example of not learning from history, I do not know what it is.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A lot of you guys sound like anti-2a gun grabbers.

You don't have an iota of real world experience with this plant that grows from the soil......but because you've heard something or read something you're now an expert.

Y'all saying things like "I've never touched the stuff, but I can imagine it makes people do crazy and evil things.".....sounds almost like Schumer and Feinstein telling us how evil and crazy we are for owning an AR-15. Not only that, but because you are misinformed and heard some crazy anecdotal stories, now you want to ban marijuana or keep it illegal or make it more illegal.
    And some of us that choose not to partake that have absolutely no problem legalizing. I'm not even sure I'd try it if it was legal. Just not my thing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And some of us that choose not to partake that have absolutely no problem legalizing. I'm not even sure I'd try it if it was legal. Just not my thing.

I smoked the **** outta pot as a younger man, but stopped when I turned 25. I don't really have a desire to partake now, though I would like the option to use it occasionally as I grow older. I have pretty bad arthritis in my back, hips, hands, knees and elbows that can be challenging and is only going to get worse. Being able to take the occasional edible or something to be able to sleep better would be nice.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have been told by more than one person that the pot cures cancer and most every other disease known to mankind.
    There may be some truth to the cancer part, at least for some cancers including cancer and breast. And there are human studies currently ongoing and upcoming. As for most every other disease, probably not. It can/does help with side effects of cancer treatment in pain and nausea management and increasing appetite. And increase appetite in AIDS patients. Along with helping with seizures and Parkinsons. Edit, I was mistaken it's not Parkinson's it's MS.
    Here are a couple links for cancer.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I smoked the **** outta pot as a younger man, but stopped when I turned 25. I don't really have a desire to partake now, though I would like the option to use it occasionally as I grow older. I have pretty bad arthritis in my back, hips, hands, knees and elbows that can be challenging and is only going to get worse. Being able to take the occasional edible or something to be able to sleep better would be nice.
    I take that back. Yes, in my later years I likely WILL partake if necessary. I've seen the good it does for pain management. I just hope to God I dont need it.

I hope to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in horror like his bus passengers. :lmfao:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    a) Just because it us "from the Earth" doesn't mean it is good for you. Opium and cocaine are pretty darned "natural". As are most poisons. The Earth doesn't care if you live, die, or get high from what you ingest.

b) Legal or no, "partaking" to escape reality just isn't my thing. I honestly don't care is someone smokes or drinks now and then. You do you, I'll do me. Legalize it all, and let God sort 'em out.

c) Potheads? Drunks? Stoners? Addicts? Yeah, they are a problem. Can't say I've ever met one that had their life together. Even if they haven't broken any laws, they have usually hurt the people around them. Only a matter of time before they implode or explode, unless they accept their problem and seek help.

Again, Mary Jane doesn't make one a murderer. But, drugs are part of a bunch of murders.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Again, Mary Jane doesn't make one a murderer. But, drugs are part of a bunch of murders.

A lot of the murders due to drugs are due to rival gangs and cartels. Making it legal would remove those deaths. I would say, taking drug deals, rival gangs and such out, that deaths caused by stoners is probably pretty F'n low. Many more murders are caused by alcohol.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...People who want to find support for their viewpoints will find them. I choose to believe in facts as I see them...

Some can be quite emotional about their feelings regarding getting the buzz on. That sometimes turns to attempting to "kill the messenger" when information that is contrary to their opinion is presented.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Some can be quite emotional about their feelings regarding getting the buzz on. That sometimes turns to attempting to "kill the messenger" when information that is contrary to their opinion is presented.

How do you explain the scums at Columbine? I can't find any evidence of them using. Or the evil ***** I mentioned earlier in this thread? She's claimed all sorts of drugs including alcohol but not cannabis that I've heard, but her tox screen after arrest was clean. Oh any cites on the scum at the school in TX using? You know now that I think of it, this scum in IL is the only one I remember them mentioning using... Any cites on any of the others?

You can walk into a store, and walk out with a bag of weed infused breakfast cereal, that's how illegal it is.
    And if someone who is buying and eating that cereal answers honestly on a 4473 they'll get denied. If they don't well that's a federal felony. And depending on the officer getting caught with it in IN could be a misd or felony. Along with if they had any past convictions for any drug related offense having their LTCH revoked and not be able to carry under the new constitutional carry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom