• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The deputy was looking for a murderer and you approached his car. Nonchalantly pointing a gun at you is a reasonable action.
    Based on what?

I'm starting to think INGO officers conduct all of their on-duty obligations with unholstered firearms based on the number of times they feel the need to remind us how they do it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Based on what?

I'm starting to think INGO officers conduct all of their on-duty obligations with unholstered firearms based on the number of times they feel the need to remind us how they do it.

I'm starting to think that you don't know anything about police business and how it is conducted.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If you mean non threatening when you say nonchalantly that is exactly how I approached him. I was on private property and was complying. I'm not bashing the LEO here Frank so I'm not sure why you feel the need to protect the deputy actions. I understand his actions but I would not agree that they were reasonable nor did the Sheriff which is why he apologized.

You understand his actions but you think they were unreasonable?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Founders warned us of the perils of a standing army. Who knew it wouldn't be the military?
    Yes they did. Oh its a military alright. They have just figured a way around the constitution by calling themselves police or peace officers. Same uniforms, same tactics, same ability to squash your rights, same weapons, more aggressive attitudes, less training (as a whole), "special" units. Gun confiscations "because its the law", shooting innocent people "to go home safe every night". Oh I'm so hopeful in Americas future.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You understand his actions but you think they were unreasonable?

Understanding why he did it and agreeing to it being reasonable are different. He could have had his shotgun across his lap both hands ready, but gun barrel on the base of the window opening pointed at me was not reasonable. My hands were in plain sight and he would have had the upper hand even if I was a bad guy and went for a weapon with his gun across his lap. Do you think he would have shot an innocent man if I tripped on a rock or something and it appeared as though I was lunging at him while walking to his car to speak with him? He did pull in behind me on private property so am I mistaken that he wanted to talk to me?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kinda ambiguous. To what does so what apply?

Please don't reply with "Yes."

Look has there ever been a time in US history that the police were not heavy handed? Andy Griffin is a myth, that type of "peace officer" never existed.

Cops have always pushed people around, shot people and gotten away with it. If you were the wrong color or your daddy was poor, the cops treated like a dog. Money and power bought respect.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Look has there ever been a time in US history that the police were not heavy handed? Andy Griffin is a myth, that type of "peace officer" never existed.

Cops have always pushed people around, shot people and gotten away with it. If you were the wrong color or your daddy was poor, the cops treated like a dog. Money and power bought respect.

the difference between then and now is we have the interwebs to spread hyperbole

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

And you have always been a troll on every topic I have ever seen you discuss.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You see a lot of cops taking care of business with an unholstered pistol or a long gun at low-ready?
    I have read several posts in just the last few days from LEOs telling us that it's very common. Either it is or it is not. I'm taking your brothers in blue at their word. :dunno: Should I consider them liars?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have read several posts in just the last few days from LEOs telling us that it's very common. Either it is or it is not. I'm taking your brothers in blue at their word. :dunno: Should I consider them liars?

I must have missed those posts. Consider them whatever you want. For all you know none of us are even cops.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are not facing a police state. We have always had police who have been a bit too aggressive. If you have been watching Copper on BBC America, they are portrayed as doing a lot of "street justice". Southern cops served the rich in the community and if you were on the wrong side of the tracks or the wrong color then it was seen as their job to put you in your place.

This is not saying that we have not had a lot of very good LEOs. But the fear mongering that we are being presented with now is pure BS. Even if the democrats are a bunch of fascists.

It is more that many of you are being treated, or fear being treated, like the white trash used to be treated in the south. The democrats do want you fearful as that means it is easier to control you. In reality it would be very difficult to pull off a police state in America. The same technology that is used to "try" to control us could be used against them. That is the problem that the left fears, that will see how weak they really are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can someone do me a favor and list the traditionally known "police states," and rank them including the US within the list? Top 10, top 5, it makes me no difference.

Top Bottom