• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    How about the exploding tipped arrows Rambo uses after he pulls his compound bow out of his arrow quiver and puts it together by hand. Not to mention he straps a blue glow stick to one of his arrows and still shoots it accuratly across the cave.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The stupid things in movies get me annoyed enought to turn the thing off. I hardly watch them at all any more but I can turn those off. Some thing about the ignorance Hollywood displays that annoys me even more is people who sit back belly acheing about this is impossible or that was stupid, then in the next instance they want a 50 round magazine for their 10/22, pistol grip sawed off semi auto shotgun, or they never carried a hand gun but they post up a dozen comments of advice on what and how to carry...

Movies are dumb and people all know better but then the most stupid gun movie of all time "Boondock Saints"..., guys will know everything, been to every "training" they can throw money at and then they have to get their girlfriends all together and run a poll to decide the most fashionable way to spend their next ten dollars because they don't know which 22 rimfire is in style this month.

Last edited:

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    One of the most annoying for me is a silencer on a revolver. The other is moving the machine gun back a forth like he is watering his garden. Finally, the six shooter that never runs out of bullets. How about the A-Team that never reloaded there Mini-14s.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The endless magazine beats throwing the gun at Superman when the shooter runs out of bullets. Ever notice how Superman would stand heroically and take the shots, but he would always duck when the gun was thrown?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    One of the most annoying for me is a silencer on a revolver.

But its Cheech????

500px-Desp-Rev.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You mean numbers and mathematical formulas don't fly at you on the screen when you telnet into a government computer?? :D

Only when you hack* the Gibson. :):

*should have been "crack", not "hack". Just another thing wrong with the movie. *sigh*

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was watching an old cowboy movie the other day called "The Kid from Texas". It was a movie about Billy the Kid staring Audie Murphy made in 1950. In on scene he and a com padre ran into a general store to stock up on ammo. He asked for 1000 rounds of 30-30 Winchesters. I think there is a problem with this since Billy the Kid died circa 1881. Now since the 30-30 Winchester was first marketed in early 1895 that would be some kind of miracle.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    the most stupid gun movie of all time "Boondock Saints"...

I disagree here. I think Boondock Saints was awesome. I can appreciate and ignore stupid gun mistakes/fallacies in a movie when the director isn't even attempting to simulate reality in their film. I believe they were going for shoot-em-up fantasy there, as opposed to, say, No Country for Old Men which went for the whole gritty and true-life feel (and failed with respect to the gunplay in the film IMO).

The most annoying thing to me in movies is the utter failure to accurately portray the sounds suppressed firearms make when shot.
    It's: bang! (as opposed to BANG!)
    Not: Pew-Pew (like some kind of sci-fi laser gun)

I believe this has had something to do with the social stigma of suppressors we all have to deal with.:xmad:

I also get annoyed by stupid anti-gun lines or plots in movies.
    Like: I Am Legend where the Dr. Neville's kid says "mommy those men have guns!" and mommy replies "It's ok, they're in the army like daddy"
    <BARF>
    Or the movie Runaway Jury that was modified to be about the "OMG evil gun companiez", not actually evil tobacco companies like in the original John Grisham novel.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom