• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    This thread is for you to share things you've seen in movies that have made you say, "OK, there's no way that could happen" or something along those lines. If it is inaccurate or annoying, let's hear it!

This outta be good :popcorn:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    One of the ones I hate the most is when somebody draws a gun that is obviously a Glock and you can hear a hammer cocking. I've seen this about 3 times in the last 2 days on episodes of Law & Order: SVU, but a lot of shows and movies add sound effects that make no sense just to emphasize the fact that a gun is being drawn.

cmcate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Greenfield
    I thought the ending of Pearl Harbor was kind of silly. Ben Afflect (I think?) was running full speed toward his friend who just got shot, and while running, he fires off five or six precision shots into several distant enemies.

Now I've never tried running full speed and shooting a handgun simultaneously, but I think it'd be pretty difficult.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bad guy threatens with a gun for two or three minutes, and then to REALLY drive home his point, he cocks it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The gun follies I can get used to. Its the helicopter screwups that really get me.

Oh, if we're going that route, don't even get me started about movies depicting bad computer science.

Hackers
    The Net
    Swordfish
    Jurassic Park
    Independence Day

Shall I go on?

Film makers take creative license in order to further the story. All movies are going to "offend" a certain segment of their audience simply because the film maker isn't as knowledgeable about the detail as the viewer.

However, if you're gonna make a movie about gun experts (Wanted), or computer experts (Hackers, The Net), you should at least have a technical adviser on staff to tell you when you're about to do something moronic.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    The gun follies I can get used to. Its the helicopter screwups that really get me.

question and then a comment

what kind of helicopters were in the rambo movie? wish i knew which one it was i just watched it today.

comment with helicopters, the worst one i've seen wasn't a combat helicopter but it has to be the original batman and robin helicopter.I'm sorry but that is the gayest helicopter ever.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I hate when you see the guy holding a gun and in the blink of an eye, he has a different gun.
    Most recent notice of this that I noted was I watched, taking of pelham 123.
    A cop hands the main guy a gun that if I remember right looked to be a walther PPk or of that sort, in a flash he had something that looked like a kahr.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hate the unsafe gun handling that is always present. Just watched the Untouchables again last night and Kevin Costner cannot touch his gun without have his finger on the trigger and pointing it at everyone friend or foe. The sweeping was particularly bad when they had the shotguns out.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Really Scutter? I thought the computer stuff in those movies was realistic? :popcorn:

On the Rambo movie, I think it switched between three models. Bell 204, 205, then a twin engine model. Haven't seen that one in a long time.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Really Scutter? I thought the computer stuff in those movies was realistic? :popcorn:

It's so bad that there actually a term for it: "Hollywood OS".

Wargames gets slammed because the whole premise was so unrealistic, but from a "computer cracker" standpoint it was actually pretty accurate.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I guess to each their own... ER, Trauma, Gray's Anatomy, ext, they all have their bad medicine too. House is pretty good, and GA has only been busted a few times, but 3rd Watch is the worst!!!

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Thats pretty bad. I haven't watched a "movie" in a long while. Just kiddin' on my last post. I do like your location setting. Few would really get it.

:ingo:

Oh, I remember that photo, not a HIND or a HIP. Some sort of conversion....

mad618

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Dunkirk, IN
    I love it when someone is still firing with the slide locked back. I just saw that the other day, I don't remember the movie though.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have to say, the 1911 firing without ever cocking the hammer probably bothers me more than anything else. I actually notice that primarily in video games rather than movies, but it's certainly cropped up in it's share of TV and film.

Top Bottom