• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    All respect due but I believe glue traps are inhumane. I've had to dispose of the little buggers while they were struggling to pull their bellies off the trap. Then they die from exhaustion & or thirst. Please use a regular mouse trap with peanut butter. They can't resist the peanut butter & it's quick & final. D-con works well, they eat it & then usually leave to look for water, & die elsewhere. Those that don't usually turn into beef jerky because they dry up which keeps the smell down to a minimum.

they die from lactic acid building up from them struggling and this shuts down there organs.. I work with the pest control guy at work.. but they are vermin, not trying to be cruel but in my house with harvest going on all around mice can and will be a problem here , so its war. They dont last long on a glue board, but I too prefer the snap traps. I dont use much poison , fearing one of the dogs will find a bad mouse.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    All respect due but I believe glue traps are inhumane. I've had to dispose of the little buggers while they were struggling to pull their bellies off the trap. Then they die from exhaustion & or thirst. Please use a regular mouse trap with peanut butter. They can't resist the peanut butter & it's quick & final. D-con works well, they eat it & then usually leave to look for water, & die elsewhere. Those that don't usually turn into beef jerky because they dry up which keeps the smell down to a minimum.

Sorry, I do not care. I don't want them running around in my house doing who knows what damage. And I sure don't want them to die and stink somewhere I can't get to.
    I will keep using glue board traps.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Caught another mouse last night. That's about 1 per day for the last 2 weeks. Plus the 2 the cat caught and killed, and the one the chickens killed (do mess with their food!). We usually see a few, but this is a lot.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I've only been in my house for 3 years but last year I had mice in the attic. In the middle of the night it sounded like there was a whole herd of them up there. I only ended up catching 4 in traps. Didn't or catch any more until this week. My wife heard something in the middle of the day so I decided to check on the traps set from from the previous year. One mouse caught and the rest of the traps didn't have any peanut butter left on them. When I set the traps this time I'm going to tie a small string around the trigger, maybe it will increase the odds of them setting off the trap. I've also been thinking about getting one of the those electric mouse traps, maybe it's easier than using regular traps. I've yet to find the hole they are getting in at but my house is a 2 story and I do not like to climb ladders so there is a lot of unchecked area around the top of the house. At least they haven't found their way into the living quarters.

Out side I've been battling chipmunks, probably took out 10 of them last year with the bucket method. This I really didn't see any until last month, I would only see one occasionally. Now they seem to be everywhere again. Time to bust out the bucket again or stand guard at the window with the air rifle.

gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    I had a squirrel get up in my attic once. The wife swore she heard something at night running up and down the ceiling. Finally I heard it one night. You can by the small traps and I put one of those up there and caught it and then released it.

Top Bottom