• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Walmart has an Android app ( may have an iOS app, too but I don't know) that is plumbed in to the great Walmart supply chain.

Once you get it set up for your store of choice, you can use the built-in search and find out if your chosen Walmart has the item in stock.

There are a few conditions in which the app will return "In Stock" for an item:

1) It's been put on the truck headed for your chosen store at the local distribution center. If this is the case, you're SOL until the truck arrives & and is unloaded.
    2) It's on the truck, backed into your chosen Walmart's loading dock. If this is the case, you'll have to wait until the truck's unloaded.
    3) It's on a pallet sitting somewhere in sporting goods. Find an associate and see if they can help you.
    4) It's on the shelf behind the plexiglass, teasing you. Find an associate and see if they can help you.

I have no clue how often a truck arrives to resupply a given Walmart.

Walmart Android App @ Google Play

Posted this in one of the many "Where's the ammo threads" but I thought it might reach more folks if I made it a new thread.
    Just so you know, I don't even have a cell phone.
    Just thought this would help some of you out when I found it.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    How accurate s it and have ou had any luck getting ammo using it?

I just tried it. 22 ammo showed up as in stock. I got to store and they were restocking .... No 22ammo :(

Last edited by a moderator:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    did u ask if they had ny in back? they can get it for u if u ask them nicely. (hope I spelled that right, don't have much experience in Text Speak)

As I said, I don't have a way to test this but a buddy of mine sent me the link to it and told me how well it has been working for him.

So at least in TX, it works great in the Houston area, it seems to work. He told me so far he has been able to stock up on 9mm & .22 LR easily.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I have used this app for the last few months. and let me say it is worthless. its never been right. my girlfriend is a manager ar walmart and checks everyday for me. ive been able to score 300 9mm 200 223 and 220 7.62 in the last 3 weeks but the app never showed in stock.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    There are so many lurkers watching for ammo at Walmart now it would be tough to score 22lr. I know a few people that have friends working there that grab whatever comes in before it hits the shelves. Pays to know the right person at the right time I guess.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I also have checked stores that showed availability and there was no availability. I have a feeling that as fast as it moves right now, the inventory won't be accurate.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    At my walmart ammo goes out at 7am and is usually gone by 10-11. They had 22 last week but i lost it to the guy ahead of me.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    How accurate s it and have ou had any luck getting ammo using it?

I just tried it. 22 ammo showed up as in stock. I got to store and they were restocking .... No 22ammo :(

I just did, in fact Wal-Mart in Muncie told me they had .22 but couldn't sell it because the sku number wasn't coming up on the computer so they had to wait until Monday to call corporate.
    I brought up this app and showed them the price, they found out they were scanning the wrong number and I had ammo!

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    My husband is loving this app now...Apparently the store in Fishers is getting 223 (it shows in stock on the app)..

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Glad it helps, I was getting worried it was crap and was regretting posting it.

I reload and I guess I am lucky as I tend to buy a brick of .22's whenever I am in a store that has them and i have the dough. So when all of this happened I had enough of the stuff to give some to the local kids at 4H & the Boy Scouts so they could keep teaching kids how to shoot safely.

For the record, I worked at a sporting good place and they gave us discounts too. We weren't allowed to buy anything that was flying off the shelves though so good on Wall Mart for letting their employees have first shot on everything. Almost makes it dumb to even look in a WM for ammo seeing that post. How can you beat the person unloading the truck. :D

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    went to my Walmart at 6 a couple days ago. sg guy said they didn't get any. I didn't believe him so I came back at 9 and found the cabinet stocked. no surprise seeing as how it said in stock on the app. I saw someone walking out with both boxes of m22 I was after. guess where it ended up... armslist. for 100 more than cost per box.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I downloaded this for both the Iphone and Ipad. It works great on the Ipad. But on my Iphone it does not work at all when it goes to check the store for stock--anybody else having this problem?

terrythegamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Winchester,IN
    I've had the same experience with it saying 22 in stock but the store saying they don't have it was a the Richmond Walmart guy went to the back came out with a box that was 18x12x6 and claimed that the single box of Tulammo 7.62x39 was the only thing in the box my opinion is what the employes want sets in the back until they can buy it

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    Is there a way to set the app so that I can quickly reference a list of specific items rather than manually searching for each item every time?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom