• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This cuts to the root of much of our middle east problem. We have, for decades, operated on the principle that the murderous barbarians who do not hold pleasant conversations with us and support terrorism are our enemies while the murderous barbarians who smile and shake hands with our ambassadors while supporting terrorism are our friends. No, that doesn't make sense to me either.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    We either need to get oil elsewhere, get off it, (not likely anytime soon) or just kill 'em and take it. Not a fan of being "the bad guy", (despite the fact we'd be doing the world a favor) but these uncivilized idiots are some bloodthirsty nutbags.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We either need to get oil elsewhere, get off it, (not likely anytime soon) or just kill 'em and take it. Not a fan of being "the bad guy", (despite the fact we'd be doing the world a favor) but these uncivilized idiots are some bloodthirsty nutbags.

We could go for a repeat of our Iraq oil performance, clear out the old management and hand it over to ISIS.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    And this is exactly why the Dems doing all they possibly can to stand in the way of domestic oil production (fracking, etc.) and getting oil from our very good neighbor of Canada via the Keystone XL Pipeline is so totally ridiculous and indefensible.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    And this is exactly why the Dems doing all they possibly can to stand in the way of domestic oil production (fracking, etc.) and getting oil from our very good neighbor of Canada via the Keystone XL Pipeline is so totally ridiculous and indefensible.

This... There's PLENTY of oil on our own continent. Let the barbarians over there drink their own. Screw environmental policy which keeps us dependent on mideast oil. Cut the BS. If the democrats won't do it, elect Republicans. If the Republicans won't do it...
    Wait, I can't say that on here.

Edit: I can hope for a third party of it comes down to it...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ...or just kill 'em and take it.
    We already did that. Even had a force in place to defend it and a base of operations to deal with the evil in the region.

But then some moron gave up our hard won treasures and the region returned to its historical barbarism.

With no domestic plan to supply our thirst for oil we still stand in line with hat in hand pleading "More Sir".

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    So, countries have no sovereignty and we can tell them what to do?

The idea that we can somehow solve the problems of middle east is naive at best. We should not only respect their sovereignty, we should leave this mess for them to deal with. I don't understand why it's up to the rest of the world to accept all these so-called refugees. It's their mess and their people. Saudi Arabia is a very large and very wealthy country. They should be the ones taking in the refugees.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The idea that we can somehow solve the problems of middle east is naive at best. We should not only respect their sovereignty, we should leave this mess for them to deal with. I don't understand why it's up to the rest of the world to accept all these so-called refugees. It's their mess and their people. Saudi Arabia is a very large and very wealthy country. They should be the ones taking in the refugees.

Indeed so! Very large, very wealthy, and with one of the lowest population densities on the face of the planet.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BU17ZN9.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    This... There's PLENTY of oil on our own continent. Let the barbarians over there drink their own. Screw environmental policy which keeps us dependent on mideast oil. Cut the BS. If the democrats won't do it, elect Republicans. If the Republicans won't do it...
    Wait, I can't say that on here.

Edit: I can hope for a third party of it comes down to it...

Not too mention the boom in drilling and our own domestic oil production would create jobs that can't get outsourced.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In geopolitics, as in other things, sometimes the enemy of our enemy has to be our friend.

I would argue that there is a difference between an ally of convenience and an actual friend. The problem is that the Saudis are the one running this relationship. The most powerful nation on the planet should not be acting like a battered wife as we generally do with these people.

Top Bottom