• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Money talks in dc, if the Saudis want something they just buy it. Leadership will stand in line or sit up and bark as long as they are writing checks. The morality or ideology, dem or rep really doesn't matter when cash in the Saudi scale starts talking.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    jgreiner said:
    Did you see the story on Drudge this morning about our soldiers being told to ignore the abuse of young boys, by the Afghan soldiers?

I came across this earlier today. Made me sick to my stomach.

KABUL, Afghanistan — In his last phone call home, Lance Cpl. Gregory Buckley Jr. told his father what was troubling him: From his bunk in southern Afghanistan, he could hear Afghan police officers sexually abusing boys they had brought to the base. “At night we can hear them screaming, but we’re not allowed to do anything about it,” the Marine’s father, Gregory Buckley Sr., recalled his son telling him before he was shot to death at the base in 2012. He urged his son to tell his superiors. “My son said that his officers told him to look the other way because it’s their culture.”

I don't even know what to say.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    And this is exactly why the Dems doing all they possibly can to stand in the way of domestic oil production (fracking, etc.) and getting oil from our very good neighbor of Canada via the Keystone XL Pipeline is so totally ridiculous and indefensible.

Dems don't want fracking and Keystone because they are fans of the Saudi Regime and want us importing middle eastern oil?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Dems don't want fracking and Keystone because they are fans of the Saudi Regime and want us importing middle eastern oil?

The oil is insignificant where the US is concerned. The amounts we get from the middle east are minuscule. Most of their oil goes other places. We get the majority of our foreign oil from Mexico and Canada. The oil we're protecting in the ME is other peoples oil. He's refusing to accept the fact that republicans are just as deep in bed with the Saudi's as any democrat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The oil is insignificant where the US is concerned. The amounts we get from the middle east are minuscule. Most of their oil goes other places. We get the majority of our foreign oil from Mexico and Canada. The oil we're protecting in the ME is other peoples oil. He's refusing to accept the fact that republicans are just as deep in bed with the Saudi's as any democrat.

Two words: Halli burton.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

They are all in line for this....all of them regardless of affiliations.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They are all in line for this....all of them regardless of affiliations.

Exactly. And for those who do the buying, it is not an us vs. them ideological battle, but rather the same thing as the way most of us don't have a problem buying two or three different vehicles which are all different brands.

Two words: Halli burton.

Yes, funny how they were on the edge of bankruptcy when that war started and now they have forgotten what the word means.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    In geopolitics, as in other things, sometimes the enemy of our enemy has to be our friend.

We say that, but the wise man knows that: "the enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. Nothing more, nothing less. I can deal with the enemy of my enemy for short-term or long-term gain, but I must never forget that it is just the enemy of my enemy, not necessarily my friend."

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Exactly. And for those who do the buying, it is not an us vs. them ideological battle, but rather the same thing as the way most of us don't have a problem buying two or three different vehicles which are all different brands.

Yes, funny how they were on the edge of bankruptcy when that war started and now they have forgotten what the word means.

Former executive turned Vice-President hands over ridiculously expensive no-bid contracts to his former company? That's a bad movie plot.

Top Bottom