• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Now what I want to know: does this universal background check system for private sale affect indiana law that allows an individual under 21 to purchase a handgun from an individual? Since this would be going through an FFL I would think so but I would love clarification.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Help me get my statement right: Hey I'm Jake from Indiana and these new measures are pretty much just "feel-good" measures. A criminal by definition is someone who does not follow the law. Criminals don't buy guns. These Executive Orders only hurt lawful gunowners.

How is that? Anything to add/take away?

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities

These two particular ones are pretty scary. The Dr. can deem you a nut job and there goes the guns.

yeah --- i guess I wont be going to the doctor any more for my blood pressure medicine

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I really do not see much from his speech today that really has any teeth (yet). I think some of his assertions that the public demands it and that this has support bla bla bla are full of junk.
    I do take the threat seriously, but I was actually afraid before today. I am a little less so right now. I sent my letters today, and I ask you to do the same!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    @the1kidd03 : My understanding of EOs is that they can only be used to enforce existing laws. They cannot create new policy.

No, whatever is in an EO is law! even if they are illegal, or unconstitutional, they are law until overturned. They are not supposed to create law, but they can. Clinton had one or two overturned. IANAL, this is just what I've found on the subject so far, so please someone with experience in congressional law speak up!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities

These two particular ones are pretty scary. The Dr. can deem you a nut job and there goes the guns.

yeah --- i guess I wont be going to the doctor any more for my blood pressure medicine

Exactly, who decides? Will the fact that I take Prozac suddenly make me ineligible to own a firearm?

Not that I am saying that I take Prozac, just a case in point. ;)

milewis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Help me get my statement right: Hey I'm Jake from Indiana and these new measures are pretty much just "feel-good" measures. A criminal by definition is someone who does not follow the law. Criminals don't buy guns. These Executive Orders only hurt lawful gunowners.

How is that? Anything to add/take away?

How about adding that 16 and 17 are violating HIPAA. And that 7, 8, and 12 are things that the NRA already does, and has offered to expand doing for FREE for the american people.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This might be the big step:

Doc asks if you have guns
    You rightfully answer "Go **** yourself."
    He reports you to authorities
    You are deemed unfit to own firearms
    They show up at door... Confiscation is the "line in the sand" everyone is talking about.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    They never got to me but I am glad it seemed we got a lot of pro-gun voices on the phones. The first guy sounded like a Fudd selling out other gun owners to keep his shotgun and 30-06 safe.

Top Bottom