• Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Go put your apron on and fix us a sammich, Nancy.... :popcorn:

I have some buns that aren't too stale, and things of... various colors... in the fridge. I'm sure some of the condiments haven't expired, also. I can come up with something for ya!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Nah. You're going to be 29, right?
    Shurrrrre!!
    I have some buns that aren't too stale, and things of... various colors... in the fridge. I'm sure some of the condiments haven't expired, also. I can come up with something for ya!
    That sammich doesn't taste so good when it's on the other foot, now does it?!
    Wait...
    Eh, never mind.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't know 'bout Y'all but the way I figures it......"Ya don't aggrivate a gal whut carries a .45acp, knows how to use it, and keeps on target". You's askin' fer a "vasectory" it appears to me!!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I just don't feel good about anyone shooting lasers at my eyeballs
    I'll just wear by bifocals.:fogey:

My understanding is that when they slice a flap of your cornea and peel it back to remove some tissue, the fluid drains from under it and for the duration of them messing with your eye, you are totally blind in that eye.
    Sounds creepy...and not my thang. With my kind of luck, I better stick to glasses.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My understanding is that when they slice a flap of your cornea and peel it back to remove some tissue, the fluid drains from under it and for the duration of them messing with your eye, you are totally blind in that eye.
    Sounds creepy...and not my thang. With my kind of luck, I better stick to glasses.

I walked out of the procedure being able to see without my glasses at 20/15... ;)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Seriously it was the single best expense of Money on myself I have ever spent...

Not saying I'd ever actually have that done...but it's something to consider as a last resort, I guess. (Waaaayyy last.)
    Plus, I totally want to inspect your eye(s) with a magnifying glass and a flashlight now.
    You gotta post up some macro pics.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    P.S.
    Wanna sneak out and score some Boones Farm?! :dunno:
    When I was a kid, a doctor told my grandma that she had to drink prune juice to stay regular, but she didn't like it.
    My mom bought her Boones Farm in prune, and she liked that.
    She had a glass every night.
    So from then on in my head "Boones Farm" = Old people poop aid.
    Sorry.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer

I'm with ya'. I signed the waiver when I got my wisdom teeth out that said "only 1 in 10 gazillion end up with permanent nerve damage but we have to tell you so you don't sue us" clause...and I'll never get feeling back in part of my lip ever again. So no lasik for me. *shudder* Totally creepy, anyway. And I can't wear regular contacts, either, so I gave up. Expensive, anyway.

I bought prescription sunglasses without the bifocals to shoot with. I also tend to shoot rifles with scopes typically which makes it a little easier, but I've been practicing and dryfiring with irons and getting better. I really don't shoot with my regular glasses unless the lighting really prevents me from wearing my sunglasses. My sunglasses are also super-huge and protect my eyes way better than my bifocals ever could. Another option for you, anyway. Good luck! (And the seasickness will get better over time!)

Top Bottom