• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You look good! Better to see than be seen!
    I have to wear tri-focals for work. I have to wear shoes when I wear tri-focals or I walk into walls and break my toes.
    I wear readers when I shoot!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm continually amazed at the video editing software out there. They took an ancient silent, black and white film and transformed it into that. :laugh:

IMG_1940-1.jpg

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Have you thought about monovision? It's where you wear one contact in your non-dominate eye for close up vision and nothing in your dominate eye if you don't need distance correction.

I use this and it's great. Once you get used to it you don't have to concentrate on focusing because your brain naturally knows which eye to make dominate to read.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Have you thought about monovision? It's where you wear one contact in your non-dominate eye for close up vision and nothing in your dominate eye if you don't need distance correction.

I use this and it's great. Once you get used to it you don't have to concentrate on focusing because your brain naturally knows which eye to make dominate to read.

I wore contacts for a few years. I hated them. Or more precisely, I hated touching my eye.
    Plus, the real pain is not being able to wear the soft kind...I have to use the semi perm kind. Didn't care for that either.
    I might do the surgery some day if Alzheimer's takes over and I forget what's involved. :D (Currently, it freaks me out. :n00b: )

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Yep- they suck, but better than being able to see! I tried the mono-vision contact route, but i couldn't adjust to it. Things always appeared blurry, and after about 5 hours, my eyes would be really irritated and dry. I also considered lasik, but gave that up when i was told i may still have to wear glasses to read. that's really all i need them for now! if you have other vision problems besides just "old" eyes that can't read small print, it may help. I know several people who've had it and are pleased- they are people who had to wear their glasses all the time.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Just save it to your favorite image hosting site and you'll have it on hand.

I'm going to do that after this post so I can slap it on you every time you give me lip.:):

You're gonna break your hosting site...they're not built for that kind of abuse!! :eek:

Top Bottom