• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    What are you guys basing your opinions on that say he was "baiting" or "asking for it" and who cares if he OCies for attention? There are many reasons to carry, just because it isn't how you carry does not make it wrong.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    What are you guys basing your opinions on that say he was "baiting" or "asking for it" and who cares if he OCies for attention? There are many reasons to carry, just because it isn't how you carry does not make it wrong.
    No one said he was wrong. It was just pointed out that it appeared he was looking for confrontation. And it was pointed out he did a mediocre job of handling it. +1 for carrying, +1 for knowing his right to carry and the law around it, +1 for refusing to be a sheep and answer unnecessary questioning, -1 for poor focus and handling.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    While watching I kept wanting the dad to shut up and let the son handle it. I wish he wouldn't have conceded and went with his father in the end.

I was wanting him to proceed on foot to where he was going, just to see if they were actually going to detain or arrest him. Hopefully this guy filed the required complaints against the local PD, and the State police.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah, "Cool Shades" was really loud about the situation. Well in Indiana, I give my ID when asked because that is our laws here.

a "Not guilt seeking question" is not the issue here. What IS the issue is that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. If a cop is trying to be nice and asking me about my gun, I'll be polite back and tell him because he's just asking. But if he is coming on strong like this cop here and whining about how they are getting calls from people and obviously is stressed, I don't have to tell him about my gun. Obviously he can see there's a gun, I don't need to say anything no matter how innocent the question is.

And yeah, my question for the gun owner who filmed this is What is he doing? He stated his car was parked at the BP down the street, so I assume he went to get gas or something and now he's down the street with a camera turned on? I mean, kudos for being prepared. If all he is doing is just casually walking down the street away from his car, what he does is his business as long as he isn't committing a crime. He's just well prepared/

Also it was the cops' decision to swarm him like this guy. Their discretion to respond to a call. And instead of one guy, and maybe a guy and his partner, we have half a dozen guys here when clearly they have nothing better to do AND they are trying to blame this guy for wasting their time and saying he's a threat because he's Open Carrying. Then "Cool Shades" brought something stupid, he's comparing cops that have fallen in the line of duty over a simple traffic stop with this guy who's just carrying and walking around, going about his day? No, you don't do that. It isn't the same at all and Big McLarge Huge here doesn't seem to get it and has this really really distasteful holier than thou, "I'm the law" attitude thing.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    And yeah, my question for the gun owner who filmed this is What is he doing? He stated his car was parked at the BP down the street, so I assume he went to get gas or something and now he's down the street with a camera turned on?
    He stated that he was walking to the Chinese place to eat because the owners (unlike the police detaining him) did not have an issue with him exercising his 2nd amendment right.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think that's where some confusion is.

Did the guy filming have a shotgun? I never heard a reference to that but the title makes you think he does.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think that's where some confusion is.

Did the guy filming have a shotgun? I never heard a reference to that but the title makes you think he does.

No, filmer doesn't have a shotgun. Only shotgun referenced is a LEO who had a shotgun.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    That changes my perception a little. My initial thought was that this guy was OC and carrying a shotgun slung across his back walking down a busy highway, he better expect to have police confront him.

Top Bottom