• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    INGO is rife with threads on "hoarding" of ammo lately. This, if you recall, is the same forum where there used to be threads regularly asking "how much ammo do you have?" People were pounding their chests about the thousands of rounds of various calibers they had "stockpiled". Many more were wisely taking advantage of an opportunity to shut up about it. Though there was an occasional reply saying something like "I don't need/want/have that much" nobody was labeled as a hoarder. Of course, anybody could have bought or loaded similar amounts of ammo at reasonable prices had they heeded the many warnings of increasing prices and decreasing availability. With this in mind, I'm curious. At what point did "stockpiling" become "hoarding"? I'm thinking it was about the time some people realized they had ignored the warnings and couldn't find anything at any price. Probably accompanied by the sound of hands hitting foreheads!

Shame on all who had the foresight to stockpile ammo. You will henceforth be branded with a scarlet "H". Please join me in..:alright:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Hoard or don't, I don't care what someone does with their own money.

This too shall pass.

Preferably sooner.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I'm pretty fed up with the complaining. It is Obama and the Democrat liberal agenda that caused the shortage. Why are we blaming each other? It is ridiculous! The NRA warned us all about Obama's second term and apparently if you didn't stockpile ammo last year then you either didn't believe them or were too ignorant to know the liberal agenda (it is no secret). Now you people are mad that we were wise enough to stockpile? And angry that we will sell some of or stash? Give me a break!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can picture some angry wives in a few months--their closets overrunning with .22 bricks as we start hoarding to be ready for next time :D

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yes, hoarding is a serious illness. I will be happy to volunteer my services to help you get past this terrible time. Just let me know where we can meet and I will help take some of that nasty extry ammo off your hands. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm pretty fed up with the complaining. It is Obama and the Democrat liberal agenda that caused the shortage. Why are we blaming each other? It is ridiculous! The NRA warned us all about Obama's second term and apparently if you didn't stockpile ammo last year then you either didn't believe them or were too ignorant to know the liberal agenda (it is no secret). Now you people are mad that we were wise enough to stockpile? And angry that we will sell some of or stash? Give me a break!

I honestly thought there was going to be no way we would re-elect that man. Boy, did I over estimate the electorate. Of course we were admonished for distrusting him since he did all those pro-gun things in his first term and there was no evidence he would lead the all-out assault we're now seeing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The constant complaining is getting old. To be honest, it makes me wonder how much preparations the complainers are doing in other areas of their life. If you find yourself short of ammunition or needing a gun that is now too expensive, are you also going to find yourself short of food when that supply gets tight too? This ammo shortage is simply practice for what shortages do. If gas becomes hard to get, expect the price to rise. Maybe you can prep for that buy getting either a fuel efficient vehicle or a motorcycle. If there is a food shortage, expect prices to rise, but you can prepare for that by buying in bulk now or learning to plant and grow some food. If electricity is not as available, do you know how to get along without for a while?

The thing is, supplies ebb and flow. Prepare for the ebb during the flow and you will lead a less stressful life.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I believe we will experience scarcity of many other things sometime in our future. Does anyone believe that the complainers will have learned anything by this time?

The same people that have no 22lr/9mm/45acp/223/whatever - are the very same people that have zero contingency for lack of food, water, shelter and fuel.

These people will either complain loudly to no one that is listening, or they will try to take from those that have planned a little.

There is no excuse to not have _________.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    As my Sig line states...
    Its better to be looking at it than looking for it.

Hope for the best but "prepare"for the worst.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Buy it cheap.... and stack it deep !!!

Alot of people also need to realize that many of us have been "stockpiling" and collecting for years..... makes us expierenced or seasoned hoarders !!!

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    If you buy up all the ammo you can afford in calibers you don't even have a weapon to shoot it through*** you might be a hoarder!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What classifies as hoarding?

Is there a set limit? Step increase classifications?

Xa amount to Xb amount you're a casual shooter? From Xc amount to Xd amount you shoot a lot? Xe amount to Xf amount you're a hoarder? Xg amount to Xh amount you're a stockpiler? Anything past Xi amount you're a d***head and taking ammo away from some poor shooter who sends a whopping 100 rounds of lead down range a year?

I agree with the posts saying this statement is getting old.

It's also simple rational too. Take for example 22 ammo. Well how many 22s do you own? 1? 3? 10? And how many does your friends? Their friends? Their neighbors? Their neighbor's neighbors? There are a shat ton of 22 caliber firearms out in circulation, now just imagine everyone wanting a brick of 22 for every 22 they own. That's a ton of ammo and of course will put a strain on the ammo supply.

Long story short, I'm tired of the *****ing about hoarding. Reload or look for deals on ammo, or just be patient, don't shoot this summer, save your money, let ammo prices normalize, then buy a good amount when times become normal again....in the fall or next year......

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Isn't hoarding keeping items you have no use for? I don't think it has anything to do with total round count or the like. If I have 1,000 rounds of .45 and shoot a box every week to say in practice, that's a stockpile. If I have 1,000 rounds of .45 and don't own a .45 and am not planning to buy one...probably hording.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If you bought ammo in excess of your yearly requirements, you might be a hoarder.

If you paid $35 for a PMag and don't own an AR, you have a screw loose.

If you blame Washington as you buy 10,000 rounds of 22's at inflated prices, you are the enemy.

Longshot-JSFL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have to say I have talked to a lot of good people on here.
    A lot of bad as well. Seen people beat up people for not being prepared
    And not having a stockpile already. Then the same people whine about people
    Buying ammo and hoarding. Everyone is wrong but them. Did I join the indiana women gun owners forum by accident? Reading a lot of the banter seems to suggest the estrogen is abound.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Isn't hoarding keeping items you have no use for? I don't think it has anything to do with total round count or the like. If I have 1,000 rounds of .45 and shoot a box every week to say in practice, that's a stockpile. If I have 1,000 rounds of .45 and don't own a .45 and am not planning to buy one...probably hording.

If you bought ammo in excess of your yearly requirements, you might be a hoarder.

If you paid $35 for a PMag and don't own an AR, you have a screw loose.

If you blame Washington as you buy 10,000 rounds of 22's at inflated prices, you are the enemy.

I would call both of those being prepared, not hoarding. I own things such as ammo and spices that I have zero use for, but if the SHTF I would have some great bartering items.:twocents:

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have to say I have talked to a lot of good people on here.
    A lot of bad as well. Seen people beat up people for not being prepared
    And not having a stockpile already. Then the same people whine about people
    Buying ammo and hoarding. Everyone is wrong but them. Did I join the indiana women gun owners forum by accident? Reading a lot of the banter seems to suggest the estrogen is abound.

It's not estrogen, it's a combination of ITG, my way or the highway, and high post count bullying.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is this hoarding?

3585D455-0FF1-4347-A328-ECDD81C80100-6507-00000449F8638745.jpg

Top Bottom