• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I realized last night that the front sight on my I-Dot Pro set no longer glows. It was still glowing bright as of Coach's draw-stroke class last week. The sights were purchased new directly from Ameriglo in December of 2012.

Time to put that warranty to the test:

AMERIGLO warrants full replacement against breakage of the tritium lamp for 12 years on most models. The AR-15 sight warranty is 5 years. This warranty does not cover damages deemed from abnormal, abusive, or improper use, including any fault resulting from an accident or improper service. Remember that tritium naturally decays, but can be expected to have a useful service life of at least 12 years. The sights will lose brightness as the material (tritium gas) decays. Replacement is done when NO glow is visible, not when sights become dim. Note: Tritium is regulated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and sights containing tritium may not be disassembled by anyone other than NRC licensees. For any non-warranty claim other than defects or tritium lamp breakage, please return your product to the place of purchase, along with your receipt. When returning products to AMERIGLO remember to insure package and a copy of your receipt.

I just filled out the warranty claim form, so we'll see how it goes.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    In my original email I mentioned that the sights were on my primary carry gun and I'd prefer not to be without sites during the warranty process. I got a reply from Ameriglo in about 2 hours requesting pics of the dead sight including the slide of the pistol, which I sent. Hopefully they will just send me a new sight and I can swap it out and sent them the old one.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm curious to see how this goes as well. I was getting ready to order a set and this may be the deciding factor.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well that sucks, I love Ameriglo sights! Although my Defoor's are all black. My Trijicons still glow strong after 4 years thankfully. I am sure they will take care of you, they seem like a stand up company to me!

Last edited:

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    The orange outline on my Hackathorns fell out a couple of years ago. I contacted Ameriglo and they sent me a new front sight. They did have me send the old sight back to them but they included a return label in the box so it was an easy swap out.

interested as well to hear how it goes for the OP. Good luck.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    In my original email I mentioned that the sights were on my primary carry gun and I'd prefer not to be without sites during the warranty process. I got a reply from Ameriglo in about 2 hours requesting pics of the dead sight including the slide of the pistol, which I sent. Hopefully they will just send me a new sight and I can swap it out and sent them the old one.

Update:

I sent the pics as requested and have yet to receive any further correspondence. I sent another email today asking for verification that they received the photos and for updates.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Update:

I sent the pics as requested and have yet to receive any further correspondence. I sent another email today asking for verification that they received the photos and for updates.
    Another update:

Just received a reply stating that a new front sight will be shipped out as soon as they are back in stock (should be just a few days).

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    When I ordered mine it took forever because nobody had stock.

Hope they really get it out that fast for you. Mine still glowed bright as of last night.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Still no sight and no further communication. IMO, "just a few days" has come and gone several times. Just sent a followup email stating my beginning frustrations.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Got a shipping notification and tracking number today!
    The sights are still showing "out of stock" on their website, so at least they seem to be taking care of warranty issues first.

Top Bottom