• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Going back to the OP, one could just as easily posit the progressives taking to the streets again if a candidate not of their choosing wins.

We've seen FAR MORE of that in the last five years than of violent Trump supporters.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Which conspiracy theories have been proven?
    Well if this was addressed to me,

1 the covid shot will not do what is claimed
    2 covid was created in a lab
    3 the great reset is an actual thing
    4 hilary, obama, and the intelligence apparatus started and perpetuated the trump Russia collusion b.s. to undermine an incoming president of the other party
    5 big tech is censoring conservatives

These are just a few I jotted down in the time it took to type them.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well if this was addressed to me,

1 the covid shot will not do what is claimed
    2 covid was created in a lab
    3 the great reset is an actual thing
    4 hilary, obama, and the intelligence apparatus started and perpetuated the trump Russia collusion b.s. to undermine an incoming president of the other party
    5 big tech is censoring conservatives

These are just a few I jotted down in the time it took to type them.
    It was addressed to anyone. I wondered what people considered “conspiracies” and what they considered “proven.”

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Entirely subjective on both counts. Some here think everything which doesn't get reported on CNN is a conspiracy.
    I agree it’s subjective. I see posts/memes about all the conspiracies coming true, so I was curious which ones. For example, the “lab” vs “nature” argument about Covid origin doesn’t necessarily seem “proven.” I found an article from WSJ saying scientists are strongly leaning toward “lab.” One study said it was 99.5% optimized for human infection. Another said they found zero evidence of any bats ever having it, or any variation, to support the alternate theory. Some of those studies came from the WHO, which many here say should be dismissed immediately. So if we are saying it’s been proven to come from a lab, well, proven by whom? Which scientific entity have people decided to trust?

In the same month, another publication asserted scientists were strongly leaning toward “nature.” I forget their reasoning, but it made some sense.

I know there was allegedly a whistleblower who had inside information it came from a lab. Is that enough? I lean toward “lab,” but I don’t agree it’s been absolutely proven.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree it’s subjective. I see posts/memes about all the conspiracies coming true, so I was curious which ones. For example, the “lab” vs “nature” argument about Covid origin doesn’t necessarily seem “proven.” I found an article from WSJ saying scientists are strongly leaning toward “lab.” One study said it was 99.5% optimized for human infection. Another said they found zero evidence of any bats ever having it, or any variation, to support the alternate theory. Some of those studies came from the WHO, which many here say should be dismissed immediately. So if we are saying it’s been proven to come from a lab, well, proven by whom? Which scientific entity have people decided to trust?

In the same month, another publication asserted scientists were strongly leaning toward “nature.” I forget their reasoning, but it made some sense.

I know there was allegedly a whistleblower who had inside information it came from a lab. Is that enough? I lean toward “lab,” but I don’t agree it’s been absolutely proven.
    Are you not in a roundabout way saying that if some others don’t come along and publish too you don’t believe it’s been proven. Therefore are you not living the meme that folks will not believe it until CNN reports it?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You personally are never going to see the actual evidence that proves wether or not it was lab created, all you are ever going to get a word salad stories either read to you or that you read. What do those stories have to say to get you to say, yes, it is true the virus was lab made?

For me I have read enough stories to believe it is with a 90% confidence…

What was your confidence level there were WMD’s in Iraq?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Are you not in a roundabout way saying that if some others don’t come along and publish too you don’t believe it’s been proven. Therefore are you not living the meme that folks will not believe it until CNN reports it?
    No. I’m saying that multiple scientific publications seem to have different, yet credible, opinions. Either side could say their view has been proven depending on which publication they want to believe. My original question was what people consider to be “proven” when it comes to various conspiracies. I may lean toward “lab,” but I can’t say for certain that I’m right.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You personally are never going to see the actual evidence that proves wether or not it was lab created, all you are ever going to get a word salad stories either read to you or that you read. What do those stories have to say to get you to say, yes, it is true the virus was lab made?

For me I have read enough stories to believe it is with a 90% confidence…

What was your confidence level there were WMD’s in Iraq?
    What would it take for me to be 100% convinced? A lack of a very credible argument to the contrary:

Cell

I don’t have the expertise these folks do, so I certainly can’t say they’re obviously wrong. This group of experts say it most likely came from nature, and they doubt the evidence of lab creation. How can I come to the conclusion that the “lab created” theory is absolutely proven after reading that? I can only say that I lean more toward that theory, but to say it’s “proven” is silly. It’s a real-life example of Dunning-Krueger to think I know more about this subject than actual scientists just because I read a few articles to the contrary.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You are correct. Happened around the same time Hillary coined the term "super predator" or at least made it mainstream. What were the consequences? The victims of the democrat's racism continued to vote for them.
    Same applies to early MJ laws as well. They were aimed at the mexican/black population.

ETA as well as firearm carry laws, the original intent of them was to prevent blacks from being able to legally carry.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    More of a poor vs rich thing than racist. Whats crack vs meth sentencing?
    No idea on crack vs meth. But at the time it wasn't poor vs rich. Crack was predominately in the black population, powder was more predominant in the white population. Same as MJ when it began being criminalized. Same with carry of firearms.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    No idea on crack vs meth. But at the time it wasn't poor vs rich. Crack was predominately in the black population, powder was more predominant in the white population. Same as MJ when it began being criminalized. Same with carry of firearms.
    But we aren’t discussing the past. If we’re talking about systemic racism, talking about racist laws from 100 years ago is pointless. Focusing on today should be the goal, and if there’s a racist law on the books today, it should be pointed out. So, if there’s systemic racism, please point to a CURRENT law that is racist.

Top Bottom