• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I agree with Hickman....Glocks are great guns. they started a revolution in handgun design and reliability. I think they deserve a high ranking in this poll. I owned one before, but I could never get comfortable with the grip angle.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I own and carry a Glock 22 and own and carry a SA 1911a1. They are both great guns and deserve to be on the list. Given that one of the parameters is historical significance, I don't think you can really argue about the sidearm carried by the US military for several decades being number 1.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I own and carry a Glock 22 and own and carry a SA 1911a1. They are both great guns and deserve to be on the list. Given that one of the parameters is historical significance, I don't think you can really argue about the sidearm carried by the US military for several decades being number 1.

Exactly.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    They missed the CZ-75

If I want to show something off it will be one of my dive watches, not the gun I am carrying. It is a tool, not a talisman.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I doubt a Foreign brand gun of any kind would have made the top spot in this, no matter what parameters were used. Be suspect of all polls and their authors. They always have an agenda.

BHP so far down the list makes little sense. I think it is an out of sight, out of mind thing.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    whats the saying I'm looking for here?

something along these lines.

just because most peopel think its true doesn't make it so, just because a few people understand doesn't mean they're wrong?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    85% of all statistics are fabricated.

While the 1911 is a great gun, and in fact is a good choice for the aforementioned "greatest" gun poll, it isn't the "be all end all" gun. In fact, there is no such thing as the perfect handgun, some get close, but yet they all have their "quirks".

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    They had several contributors make their own lists. A gun in first place received 10 points while a gun in 10th place received 1 point. The list was the result of the ten highest scoring guns. It was a good idea.

That makes a lot more sense.

If those parameters had been used across the broader gun community, instead of on a few hand-picked financiers of an already limited segment, then It could indeed have been a very informative and authoritative poll.

*edit*

When it comes down to greatest guns, my opinion is that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery; if your design is truly innovative, then others will copy it. There are several guns on that list that truly do deserve to be there. What are the most copied designs of all time?

* Browning Hi-Power
    * CZ-75
    * Glock 17
    * S&W K & J frames
    * Walther PP

What model deserves the title more than any other? Who's to say.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom