• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foodman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    I was watching American Guns the other night and they built an 1866 Yellow Boy. They quoted 18-20K for the build and that seems like a lot to me. I realize that there is a lot to building a complete gun from scratch but 20k? Is this reality TV crap or what?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wasn't much impressed with the 1 episode that I saw.

Just more TV drivel aimed at the ignorant masses (IMO)

-J-

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I agree the "gun" shows the one mentioned and also Sons Guns, or something like that are not worth a lot to watch. Though they can be more entertaining than lots else.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Sons of guns is HORRIBLE...scripted, the boss is a complete douche, and they make simple tasks seem like the hardest thing in the world....

I've only seen one or two American guns episodes...and it's better....it doesn't seem to be as scripted and no "takes" have come out that can easily spot their lies........I can tell you that the family are at least shooters by how the daughter handled a couple weapons...not typical movement for someone without significant firearms use/training

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    American Guns is scripted too don't let them fool you. The drama between the guy and his wife, the stacks of cash purchasing scenarios and the way he talks with his dungeon gunsmiths is all corny to me.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    I personally think its a TV show for thier daughter. look at the opening credits. They introduce the Dad, Daughter, Son, and then the Mom. IDK just saying. Show leaves alot open questions.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If the "custumers" are not real like in Sons of Guns the prices might not be real as well.
    Those shows are all staged and scripted, they are fiction work and not documentaries even if they are presented as "reality TV" somehow.
    The producer of the show probably has his word to say on the prices of their guns.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sons of guns is HORRIBLE...scripted, the boss is a complete douche, and they make simple tasks seem like the hardest thing in the world....

I've only seen one or two American guns episodes...and it's better....it doesn't seem to be as scripted and no "takes" have come out that can easily spot their lies........I can tell you that the family are at least shooters by how the daughter handled a couple weapons...not typical movement for someone without significant firearms use/training

Well both shows are obviously scripted but I agree that Sons of guns is just much worth.They also added too much drama is that show with the employee leaving and the love story type of thing.
    It's hard to believe that the guys from sons of guns are actually real gunsmiths when you see how they handle weapons (very bad trigger discipline from all the crew).
    At least I haven't seen that in American guns, it looks like they actually know what they are doing and I would feel comfortable being around them when they handle guns.
    I would not want to be around the crew of Sons of guns when I see how they point guns at people with their finger on the trigger. :n00b:
    Not to mention they always do an horrible job on already invented weapon that they introduce as "new designs". :):

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Just Google Rich Wyatt and you can find out what kind of guy he really is. His wife has the ffl, he's been sued by a former wife, investigated for stealing firearms from the sheriff's department he worked for, and i don't think those are his kids. I stopped watching after they sold a used barret for $12,000. It just seemed like it was a sham.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just Google Rich Wyatt and you can find out what kind of guy he really is. His wife has the ffl, he's been sued by a former wife, investigated for stealing firearms from the sheriff's department he worked for, and i don't think those are his kids. I stopped watching after they sold a used barret for $12,000. It just seemed like it was a sham.

This could be interesting.
    Are you saying the kids are just actors and they are not a real family, or just that the kids are not his kids but the mom is still the mom of the kids?
    The mom and daughter kinda look alike, but again they also look alike in movies when actors are not related in any way. :dunno:

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Are you saying the kids are just actors and they are not a real family, or just that the kids are not his kids but the mom is still the mom of the kids?
    The mom and daughter kinda look alike, but again they also look alike in movies when actors are not related in any way. :dunno:

No they are her kids. The son was living somewhere out east, and one news article said something about the daughter having problems, bit didn't specify

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County

:popcorn:

:patriot:

Only in America!!!

nighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Middle Georgia

Lost all respect when I saw this show and they build M2 and talked about how much they loved this weapon a dream come true. After watching the show with a little interest due to being an M2 gunner for a long time they never once mentioned the head space and timing (most basic function of one for those who don't know). I could hear it out of time on the TV. Never watched any of the shows again. Its all crap

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Lost all respect when I saw this show and they build M2 and talked about how much they loved this weapon a dream come true. After watching the show with a little interest due to being an M2 gunner for a long time they never once mentioned the head space and timing (most basic function of one for those who don't know). I could hear it out of time on the TV. Never watched any of the shows again. Its all crap

Did you see the episode when Vincent was drilling a chamber in a barrel and asked will if he had a head space gauge. Will started yelling and told him to eyeball it with a cartridge. That would not give me a warm and fuzzy.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I watched it once and he was screwing a guy out of his late veteran fathers military collection. Wyatt was saying "I can get these guns cheap, kid dont know what he's got' blah blah blah, I know its a business, but bending the kid over to make a fast buck is un ethical. He's a douchbag, I wouldn't give him the time of day.

Top Bottom