• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    In the end, either the turd sandwich or giant douche had to win...Unfortunately, the TS/GD that has nothing to lose (ie. getting reelected to another term) won, so that is certainly scary.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    In the end, either the turd sandwich or giant douche had to win...Unfortunately, the TS/GD that has nothing to lose (ie. getting reelected to another term) won, so that is certainly scary.

I don't care for your South Park-grade terminology, but you're not entirely wrong.

I don't believe that President Obama will do anything too extreme. He won't jeopardize the midterms.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Who knows, 4 more years of :poop: sandwich might not be quite as bad as a possible 8 of :poop: sandwich with some grey poupon, you know...since :poop: sandwich smothered in grey poupon has talked about how he supported many things :poop: sandwich did. There is no reason to think he would have done anything any different.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    "Big city voters" do not get to decide everyone's religion. That is a personal choice, and anyone can choose to continue to teach Christianity to their children.

I should also point out that the Christian candidate defeated the Mormon candidate....

I would like to point out that Obama is no Christian. Christians don't push programs or laws that are intrinsically evil.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I would like to point out that Obama is no Christian. Christians don't push "programs or laws that are intrinsically evil."

Let's have some details on these "programs or laws that are intrinsically evil." It's one hell of a claim, so surely you can back it up by listing specific programs and/or laws, then explaining how they qualify as "intrinsically evil."

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Christianity is the biggest loser in this campaign, as it has been thoroughly repudiated by big city voters.

Non-sense. Christianity is not the exclusive territory of the right. There is a Christian left. Taking care of widows, orphans, and the poor are also Christian values, a fact that we seem all too hasty to overlook when the right complains about "entitlements."

We were founded to be a country of religious freedom, not a Christian church state.

The word “God” appears only once in the Declaration of Independence. The words “Jesus…Christ…Messiah…Son of God” do not appear at all. Not once.
    Jews also have God. Muslims have God (“Allah” is the Arabic word that means God”) and Christians have God. Therefore, I think the language in the Declaration of Independence applies to all faiths that proclaim a God, not just Christians.

The word “God” does not appear once in the U.S. Constitution. Neither do the words “Jesus…Christ…Messiah…Son of God” appear once in the Constitution.

Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence and was our third President. Although Thomas Jefferson was raised as a Christian (Episcopalian), as an adult he became a Unitarian. A Unitarian does not believe in the Trinity. Jefferson is on record as saying the Christian story was a fable.

“Because religious belief, or non-belief, is such an important part of every person's life, freedom of religion affects every individual. Religious institutions that use government power in support of themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths, or of no faith, undermine all our civil rights. Moreover, state support of an established religion tends to make the clergy unresponsive to their own people, and leads to corruption within religion itself. Erecting the ‘wall of separation between church and state,’ therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, to the Virginia Baptists (1808)

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    Let's have some details on these "programs or laws that are intrinsically evil." It's one hell of a claim, so surely you can back it up by listing specific programs and/or laws, then explaining how they qualify as "intrinsically evil."

Within Obamacare is a provision that employers must pay for "medical abortions" meaning a medication related to RU486. OB/GYNs will be required to prescribe them. If they do not, there are heavy fines that will be levied against them.

So people who believe that abortion no matter the route is murder will be put into a position to violate "Thou shall not kill" and "get bankrupted for living what you believe".

Putting a person in that position is evil.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Just for the record: There was nothing evil about the crusades.

Good to know! Were the Salem Witch Trials morally sound? The eradication of Manichaean "heretics?" How about the Spanish Inquisition?

And before anyone starts accusing me of "bashing" religion, let me be clear: The point is simply that the claim "Christians don't push programs or laws that are intrinsically evil" is without merit.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Good to know! Were the Salem Witch Trials morally sound? The eradication of Manichaean "heretics?" How about the Spanish Inquisition?

And before anyone starts accusing me of "bashing" religion, let me be clear: The point is simply that the claim "Christians don't push programs or laws that are intrinsically evil" is without merit.

No, your other examples are evil. The crusades were not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    "Big city voters" do not get to decide everyone's religion. That is a personal choice, and anyone can choose to continue to teach Christianity to their children.

I should also point out that the Christian candidate defeated the Mormon candidate....

I wasn't aware there was a Christian candidate on the ballot?

Top Bottom