• ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Thei game is pretty bad.
    We ordered a set of dishes. I want to say they were around $210 or 220

After we ordered them the price dropped by like 7 bucks. It was the very next day. I got on their chat and asked if I could get the 7 dollars back or what ever piddly amount it was.

They told me no, they can't do that but they can offer me a $10 amazon gift card. Okay, thanks!
    I've asked the same question and have always been told I am welcome to return it and reorder, they would not do a price match.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've used Google Lens to translate foreign languages in a pinch and it worked like magic, however sometimes it can be slightly off. But earbuds that translate spoken language sounds like science fiction to me. I'll have to check this out...

I'd like to hear further on this also. Almost convinced me to buy the FE model of these buds. (the used/good FE model is still priced at $59. :spend:)

As far as Amazon is concerned, I have had a fair amount of trouble with returns this year. They have switched their free return/packaging drop off service to Staples. Staples was decent to start with, but gotten sloppy and overrun as of late. They have lost 3 of my returns this year, resulting in hours of Amazon CS arguing. Amazon CS used to be easy also, but the CS agents have obviously been instructed to slow down and not give in to actual CS.

I don't see me leaving Amazon anytime soon, because I'm in the habit of regular ordering from them, but they are less and less appealing all the time.

:)

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I'd like to hear further on this also. Almost convinced me to buy the FE model of these buds. (the used/good FE model is still priced at $59. :spend:)

As far as Amazon is concerned, I have had a fair amount of trouble with returns this year. They have switched their free return/packaging drop off service to Staples. Staples was decent to start with, but gotten sloppy and overrun as of late. They have lost 3 of my returns this year, resulting in hours of Amazon CS arguing. Amazon CS used to be easy also, but the CS agents have obviously been instructed to slow down and not give in to actual CS.

I don't see me leaving Amazon anytime soon, because I'm in the habit of regular ordering from them, but they are less and less appealing all the time.

No option to drop at the UPS store for free? That's about my only option for free returns.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I’ve had a lot of luck lately combing the used section of things I want to buy. you’ll usually find the most common color/version of something discounted as basically ‘open-box’ - buuuuuut, sometimes can get burned by this. many times I’ve had something that was used unreasonably, replaced, or whatever, rendering it useless to me. so I take the liberty to explain this to Amazon, rather than simply returning it. it’s annoying that returning a defective product, otherwise passing the buck, is easier than contacting them & explaining an issue.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I follow a person on Instagram that has additional codes that can be used on AMZ. It has saved me some in the past. For this years Prime Days... New Husqvarna chainsaw for around $60.00 less than usual, pneumatic hog ring tool - $40.00 less. New bed comforter and sheets -$20.00 less... Some scuba stuff at a discount... And a wireless charger for the phone for the nightstand. I might have a moment of weakness and bought some items that I really don't need...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

We’ve been prime members for quite a few years, and it does seem like they’re getting more and more sneaky. I ordered a vinyl and laminate floor guillotine cutter a couple months ago, and the one I ordered was low stock. I ordered it on a Saturday or Sunday, figuring it would be no problem getting it before the following weekend when I planned on using it for a floor at my daughters house. When I ordered, it said delivery by end of day Tuesday, but the next day I checked and it had a delivery date a couple weeks later.

There was a note on the order page saying I could cancel the order and get it the next day (WTF), so I canceled the original one. I went back to the product page to reorder and the product was now priced $30 higher!!

I guess I must have ordered it right about the same time they decided to raise the price, and they tried to trick me into reordering at a higher price.

I ended up finding a very nice tool for less than the original one I wanted, but I thought that was really shady.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We’ve been prime members for quite a few years, and it does seem like they’re getting more and more sneaky. I ordered a vinyl and laminate floor guillotine cutter a couple months ago, and the one I ordered was low stock. I ordered it on a Saturday or Sunday, figuring it would be no problem getting it before the following weekend when I planned on using it for a floor at my daughters house. When I ordered, it said delivery by end of day Tuesday, but the next day I checked and it had a delivery date a couple weeks later.

There was a note on the order page saying I could cancel the order and get it the next day (WTF), so I canceled the original one. I went back to the product page to reorder and the product was now priced $30 higher!!

I guess I must have ordered it right about the same time they decided to raise the price, and they tried to trick me into reordering at a higher price.

I ended up finding a very nice tool for less than the original one I wanted, but I thought that was really shady.

As much as I hate to say anything about it, I think the Amazon bean counters are realizing that some of their shipping policy has left them bleeding profits. I have benefitted huge by some of these things, but some orders they just don't make money on.

One day weekend delivery for a $5 item and I'm 40 miles out rural. That said, often the one day delivery sells me on an item I might think about.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Something has changed with the zon. It says you can get it tomorrow if I order it in the next 4 hours. I hardly ever get what I order next day anymore. Ehh

I have found a few interesting things. Some of the things I have bought lately have a coupon for 5-15% If you don't click on the little box you do not get the discount. (Not sure if I posted that above.)

I have also seen several times... If you search for an item and click on one, when you page down further it will show the item you are looking for at a cheaper price. I think it is under also bought with. You put the group of items in your cart, then delete extras out of the shopping cart. Then it will show the item at the cheaper price in your cart.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Bought a Lord of the Rings Second Breakfast shirt for my daughter at half off. She loves the series, of course she would never tell anyone but me. She will never wear it in public, but it will be a good sleep shirt.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm just gonna blame this on BBI. That and Amazon suckering me with the price offer, plus that shipping tomorrow drug deal that I can't resist.

I'm weak.... :spend:

1721510110584.png

...but there is certainly times when a Spanish or Chinese or who knows interpreter in your ear could be handy, right?

:dunno:

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom