• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy ear buds. They were the cheapest I've seen them on Amazon, Best Buy, or direct via Samsung and I've been watching for awhile. I've been using a pair of off brand buds for years, and they work pretty well, but I wanted to try the new features Samsung has. Most intriguing is real time translation of spoken foreign language. If that works, it'll be awesome for travel.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I will be glad to stop seeing these commercials with "Megan Thee Stallion". I'm not sure she's intelligent enough to realize that a stallion is a male horse. Or maybe "she" is trans? Don't know much about her/him/zim/zer.

Huh. All this time I thought it was "three stallion" and maybe some Indian something.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I remember reading this book back in grade school. I thought it might have been a reference to it. But then again, I doubt she read it in grade school like I did.

A quick Google says it was due to her physical size and when she was a kid the nickname/slang for anyone who was significantly taller/beefier than their peers was 'stallion'.

I guess I've learned two things today, maybe if I'm ever on Jeopardy it'll come in handy.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I have non-berber carpet and hard floors. Hopefully I still love it. :):
    My DIL has it programed to start its pre-programmed floor pattern, does a great job onhard wood floors. Last year we were house sitting while they were on a short term mission trip and that dang thing went off at 5am! SCARED THE DAYLIGHTS out of me. She never warned us! Be warned, it does make a loud noise especially when it dumps its contents into the tower.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Just ordered one of these. $299.99, regularly 649.99. Been wanting to try one to see if it will keep up with our dog's shedding.
    We have an older one. The trick is, it does not clean like a regular vacuum. It does a light cleaning and need to do it more often. With our lab we are probably not using it enough and it is jamming up with hair. Wife is in control of it and uses it every few days. (should probably be daily.)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have an older one. The trick is, it does not clean like a regular vacuum. It does a light cleaning and need to do it more often. With our lab we are probably not using it enough and it is jamming up with hair. Wife is in control of it and uses it every few days. (should probably be daily.)
    Yeah, I'm planning on using it daily to keep up with our dog. I'll do a thorough vacuuming before I start using it. Really just want it for "maintenance".

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    My daughter in law uses it daily

VostocK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Most intriguing is real time translation of spoken foreign language. If that works, it'll be awesome for travel.
    I've used Google Lens to translate foreign languages in a pinch and it worked like magic, however sometimes it can be slightly off. But earbuds that translate spoken language sounds like science fiction to me. I'll have to check this out.

Keeping with the thread theme, I bought an Echo Pop and a smart lightbulb combo for $20. I put it in my bathroom so I can listen to music in the shower. The sound quality is acceptable for the price. Its cheap enough that if the humidity ruins it, I'm not out much. And before anybody says anything, I already know my Alexa devices spy on me, but so does my phone, smart watch, tablet, door bell, TV's, computers with Windows, my truck, refrigerator, camera system, etc. I just don't say anything within 100 feet of any electronic device that I am not prepared to have read aloud in open court in front of a jury.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There was one thing I was watching and debating during prime days. Said the Normal price was $49.99 Special price $43.48. No major savings. I looked today after the sale and the normal price was $39.99. Some big savings there
    Yeah, I just went and checked the robot vacuum price today. Yesterday it was $299.99 with a "typical" price of $649.99 (54% savings). Today it's $314.99 with a "typical" price of $422.00 (25% savings). :rolleyes:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Yeah, I just went and checked the robot vacuum price today. Yesterday it was $299.99 with a "typical" price of $649.99 (54% savings). Today it's $314.99 with a "typical" price of $422.00 (25% savings). :rolleyes:
    Thei game is pretty bad.
    We ordered a set of dishes. I want to say they were around $210 or 220

After we ordered them the price dropped by like 7 bucks. It was the very next day. I got on their chat and asked if I could get the 7 dollars back or what ever piddly amount it was.

They told me no, they can't do that but they can offer me a $10 amazon gift card. Okay, thanks!

Tradesylver

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County

I've been looking for something sturdy to sit on at the range. The range has nice concrete shooting benches but a bunch of chairs ranging from old metal folding chairs and some old plastic chairs from some forgotten school closing. This "drummer's stool" is heavy duty, folds up nicely, adjustable in height and solid to sit on.

Top Bottom