• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been getting adds from Amazon for their Prime Days on July 16th and 17th.

IIRC, last year the "deals" didn't seem much better than the normal pricing structure? Of course, included in the normal pricing structure is Amazon telling us how much each product is "discounted" from whatever random pricing that might be?

This year so far, it seems the same as last year. Normal pricing advertised as sale?

This what you folks are seeing?

:scratch:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've got a reminder set on my calendar to check next week, but I don't really need much. My Prime membership expires at the end of the month so I'll be canceling on 6/27.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I saw an early deal on firestick that looked pretty decent, but we don’t need another one right now, and I’m thinking it’s about the same discount that they offer for black friday/cyber Monday.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been getting adds from Amazon for their Prime Days on July 16th and 17th.

IIRC, last year the "deals" didn't seem much better than the normal pricing structure? Of course, included in the normal pricing structure is Amazon telling us how much each product is "discounted" from whatever random pricing that might be?

This year so far, it seems the same as last year. Normal pricing advertised as sale?

This what you folks are seeing?

:scratch:
    I'm guessing over half will be "sale" prices which match the previous day's prices and the only thing that actually changes is the non sale price they're showing during that timeframe. I won't go looking for a deal on anything unless I already know what the price was before hand.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Got a 4k 55" fire tv 2 years ago for like 200 bucks. Pretty nice set.

We don't know of anything we need other than our son's bday is around the corner.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    As far as Amazon deals, I noticed some things I searched for have a little box under the item that says save 10% with coupon. I see it more lately. (has been 5-15% so far) You have to click on it to get the discount and easy to not click (miss it) and just buy it at full price.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Bought a new Kindle at a good price. My current one is so old they won’t let me add books to it. I can read what I have, but I can’t download anything new.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Bought a new Kindle at a good price. My current one is so old they won’t let me add books to it. I can read what I have, but I can’t download anything new.
    Never heard of that before. But I am not a Kindle user. I thought they were just a reader or tablet depending on model.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I picked up an MSI B550-Pro motherboard for $69.
    Thermaltake GF1 850watt powersupply for $73
    (2)Crucial pro 32 gig ddr4 for $98
    50ft of insulated CAT8 cable for $11
    AMD9 16 core chip $222(61% off)this was amazing to me,seeing a chip that is normally over $500.
    (2)MSI 500G spatium NVMe gen 4s for $59 each(I got the last 2,the Gen 3s were $10 more and slower...odd)
    The best thing happening and how I got everything but the DDR4 and AMD9 is the resale(used to be warehouse), anything you get from the resale part of the site(sometimes still new) you get an additional 20% off when that item goes into checkout during prime days.

Kids knitting things(like wobbles but not) at 40% off

Nothing but the cpu would I consider amazing, but not bad.

I amost moved over to the AM5 socket, but would have spent $400+ more for a maybe 10-15% performace increase(mainly from DDR 5 as the chip and board otherwise are not much in the way of gains)and no way I would have gotten a 16core chip at $222 for an AM5 socket.

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    The only thing I ordered that (allegedly) had a Prime Day discount (16% off) was a 2 gallon jug of Ortho Ground Clear concentrate. I'm very excited.
    I had to look cuz it sounded interesting. The prime deal price is Menards regular price to the penny. (Sorry if I rained on your parade.) But you did get it dropped to your door.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I had to look cuz it sounded interesting. The prime deal price is Menards regular price to the penny. (Sorry if I rained on your parade.) But you did get it dropped to your door.
    Subtract the 11% off Menards rebate, but then add in whatever else you'd buy because you're at Menards...

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I got what I believe is a half gallon of mustard for $2.97. French’s.
    so I see some southeast BBQ in my future. Since it is mustard I bet the shelf life is years.

so far that is my only prime day purchase but I might pull the trigger on so freeze dried meals in the bag. I just don’t normally get them if I have not had them before while backpacking as they can be good or pretty nasty. Maybe I get get a couple to try out for next years sale.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Never heard of that before. But I am not a Kindle user. I thought they were just a reader or tablet depending on model.
    It still works, but they don’t support it to add new books. So if I go to Amazon to buy a new ebook, it won’t download to my Kindle. I was pissed at first because it was just a way to make me buy a newer version I didn’t need, but it also sucks not being able to get any new books. They won this time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom