• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rennas89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Hey I'm new here but I just want to say my 2 cents.

I side with niether party, that said I think both sides can agree to the following.

Alfa Benetti knives use 8Cr13MoV with TiN coated blades.
    The 8Cr13MoV is not the worst metal but it's not the best.
    The Alfa Benetti "Tactical" knives are basicly a bigger and badder Tenacious.
    The non Alfa Benetti knives are sold at wholesale.
    The Alfa Benetti knife wasn't sold at wholesale.
    If both knives were sold at wholesale the Alfa Benetti's are $20-30 less.
    Every steel has good and bad properties.
    The G-10 and Micarta are basically the same in function.
    The real difference between the two is preference.
    Finally this whole thing has gotten down right hateful and everyone needs to relax.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    way to create a new account:noway: and BTW it is no way shape or form a bigger badder version of ANYTHING spyderco period. go shill somewhere else this is getting ridiculous.:xmad:

Rennas89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    So much for trying to peacefully end a conflict between two sides on a new forum I just finally got around to logging on to earlier today. I apparently have horrible timing.

Nice to meet you too Jeremy and Tyler.
    I Know little about knives and apparently failed to try and understand either side.
    Sorry for trying to be helpful.

Rennas89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    ???? I'm confused where in my 4 posts have I said I know anything about knives. I just took points from each side and tried to put them together.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well if you really don't know about knives why in 4 posts on the entire board try to play mr. rogers and bring everyone together based supposed facts that weren't even mentioned in the thread(all sided with AB coincidentally). hope you get pad good overtime from alpha;)

Rennas89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Actually they don't all side with alfa.
    There were 6 facts and two opinions one sides with you the other with alfa

But obviously I am not welcome here so I will just say one thing...
    Thank you for letting me say my 2 cents and not get yelled at for trying to end an arguement were neither side will listen to the other or anyone else. It's been fun, not really. I will go somewhere else to learn about knives like a place where people aren't so rude.

Rennas89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Thank You cubby. Can you please explain that a little more. I know that they are made similarly, right? G-10 is a fiberglass and epoxy/resin mix I think. While Micarta is a paper or canvas material mixed with an epoxy/resin. Please tell me if this is wrong because I just got it off of another forum while I was reading this thread yesterday.

Rennas89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Tyler I really don't know what I did to anger you. I was only trying to be helpful and I never said it was definitely better than the tenacious. I just meant it looks cooler and more like it would hurt you, that's my opinion. Don't get upset over it. I also said that the steel was "so so" which I think is what you said. Also I am currently unemployed so that boss statement kind of hurt.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    rennas89, what tyler is basically getting at is that you kind of sound like hansolo the person from earlier, and since your account was just created yesterday after all the talk and hansolo hasn't posted since, it kinda looked that way especially when you said the ab knife was a bigger badder version of the spyderco. which they are similar but the sypderco costs about 40 less than hansolo paid for his.

another note you didn't anger tyler lol he is just very straight to the point. he is like a lot of us around here and we just don't beat around the bush, also again we said earlier in the post that hansolo worked for alpha benitti by the way he had been proven so many times that there was much better knives for the money yet he kept trying to push them on everyone and convince us how great they were. so that is where his boss joke stemmed from i am sure he wasn't actually trying to offend you.

on my final statement if you want to stick around and talk knives and learn a little bit hang around and read and post in the forum, get a little thicker skin and just laugh , if you have questions ask and i am sure even tyler (who is very knowledgeable about knives) will try to answer them for you. lol i think you just got off to a rocky start in this post trying to end a argument that really had already been ended by proving their were much better knives for the money (some people just either were trying to defend that 70 dollar purchase a little to hard or he works for the company)

welcome to indygunowners and don't take offense so easily

Rennas89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Oh sorry about that I guess I am a bit sensative. Oh well, so are there any good threads that are for noobs like me to learn about knives? Also I think being blunt/honest is a good thing it's admirable. Thanks for the welcome and helping explain it to me.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    this thread is confusing to me.

there are a ton of places to learn about knives. INGO is mainly a gun forum. if you are interested in knives i would suggest seeking out a knife forum.

as far as AB knives. if they are as tough as some claim, i would like to see the proof. not just posts jawwing about them. pictures and tests are easy to prove. and they don't stretch the truth either way..... it is what it is. video and pics will tell the story for the most part. lateral stress test? show it. tip strength? prove it. just like a math test:

show your work.

Top Bottom