• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    The closed stock on the krink is not friendly to holding that way, but mostly it is my preferred hold. You can see the grip here:

YouTube - Trogdor: Yugo Krinkov firing from closed position.

Have you looked at Calvin's review of his?

Look here:

Draco Review Part 1: First Impressions

ahhh, very nice, and a big thanks for that link! I'm quite surprised to see people picking these up at prices around $330, as it was $400 at the local gun shop. I'll definetly be picking one up very soon. Though i already got a new toy this weekend (Glock 26), i don't think i can ever have enough. Looks like it's a blast to shoot, definetly not something to go hunting with, but a nice new toy to add to the collection.

On a semi-related matter, has anyone tried to detonate tannerite with this gun? My 30-30 does a nice job of it, just wondering if the 7.62 is capable or if it lacks the power needed...

phil

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    ahhh, very nice, and a big thanks for that link! I'm quite surprised to see people picking these up at prices around $330, as it was $400 at the local gun shop. I'll definetly be picking one up very soon. Though i already got a new toy this weekend (Glock 26), i don't think i can ever have enough. Looks like it's a blast to shoot, definetly not something to go hunting with, but a nice new toy to add to the collection.

On a semi-related matter, has anyone tried to detonate tannerite with this gun? My 30-30 does a nice job of it, just wondering if the 7.62 is capable or if it lacks the power needed...

Brian, the 7.62 will work fine on the tannerite. Anything .223 or bigger will do it. Save some of that tax $$$...We'll blow more stuff up!

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Brian, the 7.62 will work fine on the tannerite. Anything .223 or bigger will do it. Save some of that tax $$$...We'll blow more stuff up!

sweeeet, i'm looking forward to next weekend, i'll start rounding up something fun to shoot at, we need to get david to cut some silhouettes on the waterjet or something too. And don't worry phil, a portion of my tax $$$ WILL be spent on one of these!! :D

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Right! And the shorter the barrel the bigger the muzzle flash.
    Watch this video of a very short barrel AK pistol. This type pistol is called a guide rod build because the bolt carrier slides on a guide rod to keep it from kicking back & out of the upper rails.

100_1705.flv video by a-kmanator - Photobucket

Haha, niiice, now THAT one's short, i don't think i'd like to have one of those myself, but definetly cool to see. I think the model shown in those 2 videos is just what i'm looking for, looks like tons of fun!! It should have no issue making a mangled pile of steel out of some old car doors or something, depends what i find... :ar15:

sinn4guitar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Atlanta
    Draco is a blast to shoot one handed or two. They are loud but if you have good ears on you should be fine (tested mine at an indoor range) Would recommend getting a railed forend to mount sights though ( mine had a slight cant on the front sight. added a Sight mark halo and mako rails for a fix) also if you have a dremmel and about 15 min the front nut can come off and you can screw any muzzle break you want onto it. Draco being a pistol I don't believe it falls under the 922 rule. Could be wrong though kept the nut on mine love how much flame comes after a shot

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    For the money, you can't beet the Romanian Draco. It will always work. There will always be a higher end like the Yugo. Like cars, they will get you from point a to b, some in style.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I got in on one of the group buys. Unlike the guns that are built from kits here in the U.S., these are untampered with by the importer except to add the G2 trigger, which is a good thing. All due to technically being a pistol.

I ran about 300 rounds through mine on a couple of trips without a single failure or problem. I stripped the lower handguard and added one with the palm swells. Also added one of the VM-1 sling attachment plates. The muzzle nut was removed and I added a slant brake.

IMG00037-20100516-16203.jpg

Is it loud? Yeah. Too loud or uncontrollable recoil? Not at all. Less loud than my AMD-65 and quite easy to control. Much less loud than my MN M44. Accuracy? At mid-to-long handgun ranges of 25-50 yards it is great. Especially when using the sling-pressure-offset method. Just don't argue with Gabe Suarez about it. I like and respect his work but he gets his knickers in a wad all speedy-like if you promote anything positive about an AK pistol.

Is it the uber-tactical answer to all of your tacticool needs? Not likely. Fun? Yeah. A good platform for a SBR build (with the $200 tax stamp.) Yes.

Will I SBR mine? I would enjoy it more with a Krink folding stock or Romanian wire folder. Again, will I SBR mine? I kinda doubt it. I like the fact that legally it is a handgun and, between my Utah Non-res and my Indiana lifetime, I can have it loaded more places out-of-State than if I SBR it.

Would I buy one again? Probably. Would I buy it as my "only" AK? No chance. I love my eat-anything AUSA recvr'ed AKM. My Hungarian AMD-65 is rapidly growing to be my favorite and edging out the Bushmaster XM-15.

The FEG receivered, TGI AMD-65s were on sale at Dunhams a few weeks ago for $429.

Crappy cell phone pics.

IMG00024-20100516-1607.jpg

IMG00034-20100516-1618.jpg

IMG00029-20100516-1612.jpg

Go to ar15.com>ak-47>AK Pistols for LOTS of info on the Dracos. I would recommend a Draco over the Century AK Pistol Kit guns for some of the importer related issues above.

Top Bottom