• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Hello, this being one of my first posts, i'll give a short intro. I was born and raised in Elkhart, moved to Lancaster, PA years ago. I recently decided to move back to be around family. Anyhow, i've been looking at AK's, the Yugo's have been looking like the best option for the money, until i was at a local gun shop looking at this AK "pistol", Romanian, $400, comes with 1 30-round mag.

Basically i'm looking to see if anyone on here has/had one, what you think of it, worth the money? I appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance

(pic for reference)
    1_Romanian_AK_Draco_Pistol_25-1676-1.jpg

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    It depends what you want the AK Pistol for.
    If its just another gun to add to the collection then I say it will make a great fun range gun.
    But like all AK and AR pistols, you lose much controllability due to the lack of stock or VFG.
    If you do plan to get the AK Pistol, I would suggest getting a single point sling for it.
    That way it can create the needed tension for controllability.
    If its your only gun, I would skip the AK Pistol and get an underfolding AK.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    It depends what you want the AK Pistol for.
    If its just another gun to add to the collection then I say it will make a great fun range gun.
    But like all AK and AR pistols, you lose much controllability due to the lack of stock or VFG.
    If you do plan to get the AK Pistol, I would suggest getting a single point sling for it.
    That way it can create the needed tension for controllability.
    If its your only gun, I would skip the AK Pistol and get an underfolding AK.

what he said.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    thanks for the input guys, this will not be my only gun, what i'm looking for out of it is something to have some fun with. Something to throw some lead at random car parts out in the field. I was told by a friend that adding a sling should help with control, and i would LOVE to know where to find one for $330!!

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    Make sure your sling is nice and tight on you, any slack and it will be of now help when shooting.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Centerfire has them for $329, however they are currently on back order
    Romanian AK Draco Pistol #AKAGUN-PIS

Classic has them in stock, but they are $350, unless you buy 5 or more :D
    Classic Arms Inc.

I picked mine up from J&G when they were in stock. Fun little gun to shoot. Like someone mentioned earlier, a sling would help tremendously in the handling department.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I like my AR pistol a lot but overall after the novelty wears off I generally stop shooting this kind of pistol. Personnally I 'd recommend getting an underfolder or SBR. The stock makes it a lot more fun to shoot even after the initial novelty wears off. Just my :twocents:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Centerfire has them for $329, however they are currently on back order
    Romanian AK Draco Pistol #AKAGUN-PIS

Classic has them in stock, but they are $350, unless you buy 5 or more :D
    Classic Arms Inc.

I picked mine up from J&G when they were in stock. Fun little gun to shoot. Like someone mentioned earlier, a sling would help tremendously in the handling department.

Great link, thanks for posting!!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    LOUD & muzzle fireball flash is what I have heard/read on various forums.

I would expect them to be on par with a krink:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcD3Us8MZ_0]YouTube - DSCN0111.mov[/ame]

I did not have the stock extended or have a sling on it, so this is about the same as a pistol.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Techres, thanks for posting the video! i was also interested in seeing the recoil on this thing, anybody can find thousands of AK rifle videos on youtube, however i failed to find ANY of the AK pistol. I can definetly now see what you guys mean about loud, loud is fine with me, i need to pick up a set of muffs anyway for shooting my Marlin 30-30. Ran a mag through my brother's new 23c saturday, needless to say my ears are still ringing. I'm glad i found this forum, lots of good help, doesn't seem to be much of anybody that's "too cool" to answer some questions. Thanks a bunch guys!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Techres, thanks for posting the video! i was also interested in seeing the recoil on this thing, anybody can find thousands of AK rifle videos on youtube, however i failed to find ANY of the AK pistol. I can definetly now see what you guys mean about loud, loud is fine with me, i need to pick up a set of muffs anyway for shooting my Marlin 30-30. Ran a mag through my brother's new 23c saturday, needless to say my ears are still ringing. I'm glad i found this forum, lots of good help, doesn't seem to be much of anybody that's "too cool" to answer some questions. Thanks a bunch guys!

Definitely get muffs. Hearing loss is cumulative so work hard early to keep it.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Even with muffs its still loud indoors too.

I hardly ever shoot indoors, I just prefer to be outside. I can definetly deal with the AK pistol being loud, my main concern is more toward the quality. Wondering if it's something that has any common issues, jambing, overly poor accuracy, things of that sort.

And i notice in the video you're holding the mag instead of the fore-grip, is it much harder to control holding it by the grip or is that just more comfortable to you?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I hardly ever shoot indoors, I just prefer to be outside. I can definetly deal with the AK pistol being loud, my main concern is more toward the quality. Wondering if it's something that has any common issues, jambing, overly poor accuracy, things of that sort.

And i notice in the video you're holding the mag instead of the fore-grip, is it much harder to control holding it by the grip or is that just more comfortable to you?

The closed stock on the krink is not friendly to holding that way, but mostly it is my preferred hold. You can see the grip here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvnAvVOY-BA]YouTube - Trogdor: Yugo Krinkov firing from closed position.[/ame]

Have you looked at Calvin's review of his?

Look here:

Draco Review Part 1: First Impressions

Top Bottom