• Poll closed .

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm in ...since I'm also bringing some of the tools :)

Thank you!!!

I didn't see if the location is locked down?

Can we count you in?

We will make sure serious people can come. You guys are in.

also if anyone wants to come and doesn't want your username posted online just PM 1911 or me and we will get you added

Sounds like they are really serious!!! :yesway: Awesome! I'll put together an updated and confirmed builders list. I'll wait a awhile for updates.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    My buddy and I were hoping to come. He is not a member here. Unfortunately, I have drill that weekend so I cannot come. I think he still wants to, but I will pm you with anything regarding him.

Thanks for the follow up!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will need a plain gas tube or help getting the handguard holders off of mine. I would just trade gas tubes if this is OK or pay for it and sell the one I no longer need later. No matter but I am hoping by saying so this early someone might say they can help me out, or let me know where one can be bought. :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My buddy and I were hoping to come. He is not a member here. Unfortunately, I have drill that weekend so I cannot come. I think he still wants to, but I will pm you with anything regarding him.

Thanks for the follow up!

He really should join the forum. This kind of stuff is the bonus for joining! Tell him to join! Hell it's free.

I will need a plain gas tube or help getting the handguard holders off of mine. I would just trade gas tubes if this is OK or pay for it and sell the one I no longer need later. No matter but I am hoping by saying so this early someone might say they can help me out, or let me know where one can be bought. :)

The Largest AK-47/74 Rifle... has the gas tube. I don't know if the price is fair. I'd put a add in the WTB section. We'll find one. Although some clever fellow there might be able to get the hand guard off. I'd bet!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    It'll come off. After years of use and heating and contracting makes the varnish like loctite! Put the base in a vise and use a long crescent wrench and twist it loose. Rotate it to where it lines up and pull it off.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a good friend that would like to tag along with me. I think he has an account on here, but probably 2 posts or something. he lurks occasionally that's about it. he has built an ak before and is a good guy to have around. Without him I couldn't have done several of my builds. Knows his way around a machine shop as well as anyone. I'm doing my best to con him into buying a parts kit asap so he will have something to do. I'll try and get him to chime in...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a good friend that would like to tag along with me. I think he has an account on here, but probably 2 posts or something. he lurks occasionally that's about it. he has built an ak before and is a good guy to have around. Without him I couldn't have done several of my builds. Knows his way around a machine shop as well as anyone. I'm doing my best to con him into buying a parts kit asap so he will have something to do. I'll try and get him to chime in...

Hi Paul. Get his screen name and I will add it to the list. We and use all the help we can get!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update:

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or Triggertime or just post it here with changes.

Place and a welder & some vices: Triggertime has graciously stepped forward with the offer of those! (Can't say thanks enough) I am going to let him come up with a date and we will work around it.

Press: Thewabbit and Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Toth tool set: Spearheadersarge (Thanks)

Air compresser & bolt down tools: Triggertime (Thanks)

Barrel pressing jig: Working on it!

Barrel threading: Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Bending jigs: 30calmachinegunner has offered use (Thanks!)

Die grinder: Triggertime (Thanks)

Drill press: Several have offered so we should be covered.

Head spacing gauges: 762x39 Airborne18th (Thanks)

Riveting: Psode22 has the stuff (Thanks)

Sand blasting: Remauto1187 (Thanks) and bring your scope jig! :-)

Spot welder: Thewabbit

I have a tap and die set I can bring.

Jobs:

Finish coat: maybe.. :-) If we do this those that have it done should chip in to help cover cost of supplies.

Pressing barrel pins: Sgtonory has offered to help with doing that.

Barrel threading Jmsrussel
    Assembly help: Clay, vitaminK

Bringing small parts; vitaminK

Builders:

Airborne18th confirmed
    Psode27 confirmed
    Psode27's friend Checking
    Remauto1187
    Spearheadersarge checking
    Thewabbit confirmed
    Triggertime confirmed
    Warthog confirmed
    1911ly confirmed
    -----

Let's get some more confirmed names :-) Are any of the volunteer helpers bring projects to work on? If so we are possibly full. Unless we can get a bigger location.

I love it when a plan comes together! This it looking great.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will gladly help one I have mine build and the Saiga fixed. By then my mind should be fully on AK building again too.

I will bring the tank I have and the chemicals but the chems are old and may be spent. We will have to see.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Confirmed! For 8/16 at Triggertime's pad. I just got back from Oklahoma City yesterday. Its so hard to read ingo on a cel phone AND drive.

!It would be fine if other people would just learn to pay attention to what you are doing!

I'll mark you down!!

Update:

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or Triggertime or just post it here with changes.

Place and a welder & some vices: Triggertime has graciously stepped forward with the offer of those! (Can't say thanks enough) I am going to let him come up with a date and we will work around it.

Barrel pressing jig: Working on it!

Jobs:

Finish coat: maybe.. :-) If we do this those that have it done should chip in to help cover cost of supplies.

Builders:

Airborne18th confirmed
    Psode27 confirmed
    Remauto1187 confirmed
    Thewabbit confirmed
    Triggertime confirmed
    Warthog confirmed
    1911ly confirmed
    -----

Let's get some more confirmed names :-) Are any of the volunteer helpers bring projects to work on? If so we are possibly full. Unless we can get a bigger location.

I love it when a plan comes together! This it looking great.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I will gladly help one I have mine build and the Saiga fixed. By then my mind should be fully on AK building again too.

I will bring the tank I have and the chemicals but the chems are old and may be spent. We will have to see.

What chemicals do we need? I will price them.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Maganese phosphate, Lauer sell it as well as brownells$$ and alleghany arsenal, other places also

TheWabbit already has the flat bending jig

Awesome! Thank you for the info and the use of the jig!

I checks Lauer's. How far does this stuff go? Need to figure out who all is going to want to parkerize and how much we thing we need.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    Lauers sell it by the gallon, I think their recommended dilution 1 gallon to 3 gallons of distilled water, it doesn't really wear out, just add more distilled water if it gets low, in a dire case add more solution.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm definitely in for some parking if it is possible! I have a couple in dire need. How must I prep something before being parked? I have an M72 RPK thats original with trench art..... and a goofy looking shiny USA made barrel. Should I COMPLETELY disassemble and sand blast, or would I be okay to just sand blast while its put together, then degrease? I'd be more than happy to buy/contribute anything needed.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update:

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or just post it here with changes.

Jobs:

Builders:

Airborne18th confirmed and bringing head space gauges.
    Psode27 confirmed and bringing riveting tools.
    Remauto1187 confirmed and bringing sand blaster and scope rail drilling jig
    Sgtonory Confirmed
    Thewabbit confirmed and bringing 30calmachinegunner's bending jig, press and spot welder (Boy are we counting on you ! :-)
    Triggertime confirmed
    Warthog confirmed and brinking a parkerizine tank and supplies.
    1911ly confirmed
    -----

Let's get some more confirmed names :-) Are any of the volunteer helpers bring projects to work on? Please do!!

We are possibly full. Unless we can get a bigger location.

I love it when a plan comes together! This it looking great. And if I am skipping something or someone just remind me!

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I WILL BRING A TANK WE CAN PARKERIZE IN ALONG WITH WHAT CHEMS I HAVE ON HAND!

Unless it isn't wanted. I have no way to heat it though. A couple of camp stoves is all it would take though.

Just saying since you are not adding this info to the list... :)

I can leave it there for a while but stainless srteel tanks are expensive and I am going to want it back once all have used it. Thank you.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I WILL BRING A TANK WE CAN PARKERIZE IN ALONG WITH WHAT CHEMS I HAVE ON HAND!

Unless it isn't wanted. I have no way to heat it though. A couple of camp stoves is all it would take though.

Just saying since you are not adding this info to the list... :)

I can leave it there for a while but stainless srteel tanks are expensive and I am going to want it back once all have used it. Thank you.

It's on the list! It's been on the list for a awhile, next you your name on the confirmed list. I think it would be great. I have a few things I'd like to park. And I'd like to learn how to do it! I added it to the Jobs list now to people can see it better! Please bring it :-)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom