1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update:

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or Triggertime or just post it here with changes.

Place and a welder & some vices: Triggertime has graciously stepped forward with the offer of those! (Can't say thanks enough) I am going to let him come up with a date and we will work around it.

Press: Thewabbit and Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Toth tool set: Spearheadersarge (Thanks)

Air compresser & bolt down tools: Triggertime (Thanks)

Barrel pressing jig: Working on it!

Barrel threading: Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Bending jigs: 30calmachinegunner has offered use (Thanks!)

Die grinder: Triggertime (Thanks)

Drill press: Several have offered so we should be covered.

Head spacing gauges: 762x39 Airborne18th (Thanks)

Riveting: Psode22 has the stuff (Thanks)

Sand blasting: Remauto1187 (Thanks) and bring your scope jig! :-)

Spot welder: Thewabbit

I have a tap and die set I can bring.

Jobs:

Finish coat: maybe.. :-) If we do this those that have it done should chip in to help cover cost of supplies.

Pressing barrel pins: Sgtonory has offered to help with doing that.

Barrel threading Jmsrussel
    Assembly help: Clay, vitaminK

Bringing small parts; vitaminK

Builders:

Airborne18th
    Psode22
    Remauto1187
    Spearheadersarge
    Thewabbit
    Triggertime
    Warthog
    1911ly
    -----

Possable build date: 8-16-14 ?

Airborne18th

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    The sixteenth of August will work for me. I can get another kit together by then.
    I have the AR tools and would like to do a ultra lightweight coyote rifle and/or a 308 so when that build party happens.
    Thanks

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's looking like the 16th might just work!

I have parts to gather for the AK74. It gives me plenty of time.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I think that works for me at least. The 16th works fine, gives me time to both get things done AND be able to oay for them.

I could build several with the kits I have but I will only do my Saiga things and build one Polish. I am also available to help once I am done. By then my mind will be refreshed and I should be as handy as I once was to help others.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Let's get some comments from the other attendees? 8-16 a go for all?

1911ly ok
    Triggertime ok
    Airborne18th ok
    Warthog ok

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Sorry to chime in late, 8/16 should be good for me as well. Can't wait. I'll start digging around for tools now.... I moved last fall so everything is packed away, including parts.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Folks, don't forget RIVETS~or you will be building nothing. Some types of kits need a specific set too so get the right ones. They are easy to overlook but crucial to have. Get an extra set as they are easy to ruin. You want it to look good, right? :) Also, here are where I find the best 100% receivers, Childer's Guns and NoDakSpud. We can easily drill the trunnion holes so don't worry that some of the ones available (not sold out) come without this done. In fact you want to drill them since it wakes for a nicer looking gun. TAPCO is also not a bad place when it comes to Compliance Parts. Remember, 10 is the magic number and since an AK of any variety has at least 19, 20 with a barrel extension, you need roughly half of you part American Made to comply with 922r. :xmad:

If you need more links to stuff, LMK and I will be happy to share them. Also don't forget, AK Builder also sells compliance parts and jigs to build an AK should you wish to indulge.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sorry to chime in late, 8/16 should be good for me as well. Can't wait. I'll start digging around for tools now.... I moved last fall so everything is packed away, including parts.

Ill add you to the yea's! Oh please don't forget the tool! :-) And bring your Sten if you are still having issues. My offer stands on sending you spare parts!

Folks, don't forget RIVETS~or you will be building nothing. Some types of kits need a specific set too so get the right ones. They are easy to overlook but crucial to have. Get an extra set as they are easy to ruin. You want it to look good, right? :) Also, here are where I find the best 100% receivers, Childer's Guns and NoDakSpud. We can easily drill the trunnion holes so don't worry that some of the ones available (not sold out) come without this done. In fact you want to drill them since it wakes for a nicer looking gun. TAPCO is also not a bad place when it comes to Compliance Parts. Remember, 10 is the magic number and since an AK of any variety has at least 19, 20 with a barrel extension, you need roughly half of you part American Made to comply with 922r. :xmad:

If you need more links to stuff, LMK and I will be happy to share them. Also don't forget, AK Builder also sells compliance parts and jigs to build an AK should you wish to indulge.

+1 What he said! I am hopeful I have my parts figured out. I am not worried about the compliance. I got that. It's the small parts! :-( I hope Iam not missing any.
    ----------
    Let's get some comments from the other attendees? 8-16 a go for all?

1911ly ok
    Triggertime ok
    Airborne18th ok
    Warthog ok
    Psode27 ok

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Id like to keep this under 10 people. A smaller group will ensure one on one help and that everyone gets through on the tools. 10 max. If that becomes an issue maybe we can have it at the mcf&g building like someone mentioned the last one was at.
    So please only commit if your 100% gonna be there so it doesn't knock out someone else who will

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Everyone please confirm your spot with Triggertime! We'll need a confirmed list the closer we get. As he said, we don't want to turn away a serious builder for a maybe. And there are only 10 spots for this build. Let's do this!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you don't mind I'd rather them confirm with you. I suck at organizing stuff like this. I can provide the spot and some tools but I bow down to guys like you that can work out the details on something like this. If you don't mind

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am in I believe. I am pretty sure my ride is in so I am.

If you use the worksheet, I have listed the parts of an AK on Page 10. (your AK may or may not have a bbl EXTENSION but it likely has a Muzzle Device)Those are the parts you must check as being present on you AK, ALL AKs, no matter tha caliber. Pistols do not have to comply with 922r but they do have to comply when it comes to the pistol rules in general like, not select fire, no front hand grip, can mot have a stock attached easily to them and all the rest.

that worksheet isn't right, it says there is a sear "maybe". There are three parts to the FCG, hammer, trigger and actually a disconnector. It seems correct otherwise so I wouldn't use the preset, I would just check them from my list.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom