• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I ordered my receivers from NoDakSpud today. Once they get here I have all the stuff needed to make what I want to make at the party. :rockwoot:

Don't forget there are also very nice receivers to be had at Childer's Guns too. They specialize in 80% stuff too if you want to avoid the FFL side of things. Easy to complete. They also make 100% receivers. Had to go where my FFL is so I went with NDS this time but I will be getting a few of Childers in the near future.

brrrrt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    N.W.I.
    Where in NWI are you??
    I am good as an alternate... I'm in Hammond. Thanks
    BTW, Warthog, This AK I'm messing with is being built on a Childer's 80% heat treated receiver. I just have to keep sharpening my drill bits and use plenty of oil when drilling the holes.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I hope to check it out for myself. I am very interested in his work and would like to see one for the first time.

Now I am going to get some for myself though a look at them would be nice. :yesway:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am good as an alternate... I'm in Hammond. Thanks
    BTW, Warthog, This AK I'm messing with is being built on a Childer's 80% heat treated receiver. I just have to keep sharpening my drill bits and use plenty of oil when drilling the holes.

I am way over due to update the builders list. I will add you as a back up. Boy am I glad I don't live where you do. I'd be way to close to Cabelas. I really like that place to much! lol I need to go back few the last 4-5 pages and update anything I missed. I have been under the weather recouping from surgery.

the guy I bought my Polish kit from recommended I send it to Childers to be finished. I guess he does really good work! But I have the urge to build.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    the guy I bought my Polish kit from recommended I send it to Childers to be finished. I guess he does really good work! But I have the urge to build.
    He sells receivers to the public and we all need a receiver was my point. He sells everything from 80% to full receivers and will even heat treat your 80% for you to finish out. We have enough time that I may wind up getting an 80% and use it instead now that I have a better transfer do-er and for my build then be ready for more build parties along the way. :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    He sells receivers to the public and we all need a receiver was my point. He sells everything from 80% to full receivers and will even heat treat your 80% for you to finish out. We have enough time that I may wind up getting an 80% and use it instead now that I have a better transfer do-er and for my build then be ready for more build parties along the way. :)

I got a 80% with the kit I bought. Since I got a recommendation from the seller to use him I assume it came from Childers. I am not totally sure though. I sure am eager to get building! this bulgy kit is don't to take some sourcing for parts :-( It may not get build this build party. NP. It's just another reason to go to another one! :-)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It looks like these people have them in packs of 6 https://www.k-var.com/shop/Floor-Plate If that is more then you need I'd split them with you. Np.

I hear that is is a 1/4 rod. I will check. We need to make sure it fits the 5.45 and the 7.62. I will turn some brass to fit the chamber and a cap to fit the muzzle end. I have ideals of what I need to make from other site's :-) We may not need them. But it will give me something to do. Another tool for the collection.
    From what I read on this website (K-var) none of their magazine floorplates or followers will work for european (Original) magazines that are metal body. (like the ones that come with parts kits) Click on the links on the website (for each offering) and you will see a note about that. Someone have a look and doublecheck please! :dunno:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update: Build date: 8-16-14

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or just post it here with changes.

Place and a welder & some vices: Triggertime has graciously stepped forward with the offer of those! (WE can't say thanks enough!)

Press: Thewabbit and Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Toth tool set: Spearheadersarge (Thanks)

Air compresser & bolt down tools: Triggertime (Thanks)

Barrel threading: Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Bending jigs: 30calmachinegunner has offered use (Thanks!)

Die grinder: Triggertime (Thanks)

Drill press: Several have offered so we should be covered.

Head spacing gauges: 762x39 Airborne18th (Thanks)

Riveting: Psode22 has the stuff (Thanks)

Sand blasting: Remauto1187 (Thanks) and bring your scope jig! :-)

Spot welder: Thewabbit

I have a tap and die set I can bring.

Jobs:

Finish coat: Warthog is bringing his stainless tank and some parkerizing supplies And the knowlege@ We might nee a camp stove or two. I am going to buy some extra solution in case we need it. Thanks Warthog!

Pressing barrel pins: Sgtonory has offered to help with doing that.

Barrel threading Jmsrussel
    Assembly help: Clay, vitaminK

Bringing small parts; vitaminK

Builders:

Airborne18th confirmed and bringing head space gauges.
    Psode27 confirmed and bringing riveting tools.
    Psode27's friend Checking
    Remauto1187 confirmed and bringing sand blaster and scope rail drilling jig
    Sgtonory Confirmed
    Spearheadersarge checking
    Thewabbit confirmed and bringing 30calmachinegunner's bending jig, press and spot welder (Boy are we counting on you ! :-)
    Triggertime confirmed
    Warthog confirmed and bringing a parkerizine tank and supplies.
    1911ly confirmed

backup builders:

Brrrrt

-----

I love it when a plan comes together! This it looking great. And if I am skipping something or someone just remind me.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    From what I read on this website (K-var) none of their magazine floorplates or followers will work for european (Original) magazines that are metal body. (like the ones that come with parts kits) Click on the links on the website (for each offering) and you will see a note about that. Someone have a look and double-check please!
    I will remove one of my floor-plates and one of my followers (not sure i havef this) and you can have them it by trading me the original mag parts. I can afford to have one w/o. At the very least it will give you one part and if I can find one with a follower two.

Let me check on the follower tomorrow and I will let you know but count on my letting you have a floor plate.

Making sure, I will also bring rivet tools especially one that will do rear trunnions and likely a trigger jig and what-ever else I can pillage from my buddy in IL... :dunno:

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I AM READY! :rockwoot:

main.php

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I anyone finds a deal on an original parts kit (ak74 or 47) please pm me. I don't have my kit yet. I'm just not gonna pay for a kit what I can pay for a completely built AK.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I AM READY! :rockwoot:

main.php

Awesome! Did you bend that?

I anyone finds a deal on an original parts kit (ak74 or 47) please pm me. I don't have my kit yet. I'm just not gonna pay for a kit what I can pay for a completely built AK.

I'll keep an eye out for kit's. I have bought my two off of weaponsguild.com Building use to be a cheaper way to go. But not so now. I really wish I would have gotten in to this hobby earlier.

Some good news, I am recouping well from surgery!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    TriggerTime, I doubt you will beat what I offered you for an all numbers matching, barrel included kit, I hope you do though.

I bought the receivers from NDS as my FFL felt the need not to send his license to Childer's and had one at NDS already. Needless to say I have a new FFL but since these are already bought I will go Childer's next time. I have one Polish marked NDS-1, the EZ mdl that is their best seller and one to make a 545 underfolder since I will have an extra UF stock and an incomplete Tantal. I am going to bring both kits nut will get one built and two receiver flats bent and finished first then if there is time I will begin work on the 545 UF project.

Glad you;re recovering nicely 1911ly waaa2

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I don't care about all numbers matching. I just want cheap
    that I get. Keep looking, they're out there. There is a list of kit sellers on Atlantic Firearms sight to check out and see what those might have too. Look for both kits and another list of it sellers on AK-Builders sight. You can also catch them in the Market Place of most AK boards but cheaper than say 400 is not likely but possible. Weaponeer is also a good place to look and support since they are having money troubles.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    If Weaponeeer would get their poo poo together and fix what the forum has for an error I sent him a link to a very fine deal.

I have also sent links and posted them here for good places for kits. You have to do some work but there are kits, even CtD and Sportsmen's Warehouse has them without barrel that are decent deals. Getting a barrel is simple and so is drilling a 34 degree gas port.

AK Files and the other AK forums have them too and at least for the AK files, you can buy on your first post.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Grrr.. It took for ever for AKfiles to aprove my account and now I go to log in and it says my password is invalid :-( And you are right Weaponear's site is really screw up. It really makes me appreciate this forum!

i bought the 2 AK kits I have on Weaponsguild.com.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a moderator friend there. He can't speed up the whole validation thing though, to make you feel better it took me three weeks to get approved. He will tell you to use the lost password link to get a new PW. Mine was screwy too.

Top Bottom