• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    IMO they look way better. The slickside Tapcos aren't bad though.

I think the follower slides easier in the body than the Tapco.

The biggest thing that I like, is I can use them in both of my AKs without any filing. I have some poly Bulgarian AK mags that pop in both, metal Bulgarian mags that pop in both, and only a few of my Tapcos do that. My 20rd Tapcos won't go in my M+M without filing, and I had some 30 rounders that wouldn't pop in my M70AB2.

So it's nice that the Magpul goes in both without any modification.

The metal floorplates on the Tapcos are nice but probably not necessary, there's lots of PMAGs out there that's handled a ton of drops just fine

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Did a little more work on my WASR tonight. I adapted a VZ58 folding stock to it. I plan on using the same stock on my M92 pistol when my stamp comes in, so I figured this would be a good practice run. I had to do a good bit more work on the WASR than i'll have t do to the M92, though.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Good point, it looks a lot like how M&M does theirs ^ Someone probably added it. I like the E. German forearm too, but I've got a thing for ugly bakelite stuff on commie guns :smileak: Pretty cool that you were able to adapt that stock over.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Well, it used to be a WASR... I guess it still is. I've done quite a bit of work to it. I got it fairly cheap and it was already ugly, so I decided to have some fun with it. I cut the front sight off and moved it to the gas block. Lots of measurements, careful cutting, lots of filing and welded it back on. Took it to the range last weekend and it was dead on at 25 yards. I just did the stock last night, so I'm not sure how it feels in live fire. I fit a 1/2" thick piece of plate steel to the back of the receiver, drilled and tapped it in three places to lock it to the rear trunion and receiver, cut off the tang and blended it in with the hunk of steel, then drilled and tapped the big hole for the stock screw. I may go ahead and drill and tap another hole to lock the stock to the rear trunion. Had to modify a couple of the screws to get them to fit the original holes. Everything was done with a hacksaw, files, and an old drill press. I'm going to take it all apart and lock tite it together then match the paint and probably paracord wrap the bar on the stock where my cheek hits it.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    That's some domestic Khyber Pass type s**t there! I like it. :rockwoot:

Some may say, "Why?"

I say, "Why not?"

That's just how I roll...

ETA some better pics:

She's all loc-tited together now. Tomorow, I"ll be matching the paint and after it dries, I'll be wrapping the stock in paracord.

Last edited:

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    before IMG_2183kk.jpg

afterIMG_2186k.jpg

Bought a Waffen werks 74 B Grade Furniture last year just in time for the surplus to go away this year :(
    added:
    Midwest Inst forearm w/ sparc/aimpoint t1 top cover
    Vortex sparc (really happy w price at $125 and lifetime warranty)
    Magpul AK grip

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    DSC01367_zps2d92c476.jpg

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    Thanks! I used duplicolor engine enamel and I think they turned out alright. The fixed stock rifle is shinier than I would like but I'm alright with it.

Another pic of my M92PAP:

71tfMdy.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom