• ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    IMG_20121025_183615_152.jpg

Wishful thinking with the underfolder mock up. Stain is a little bit of Old English Scratch Cover for Dark Woods, and a couple of coats of Varathane Cabernet Red gel stain. Looks pretty good with the gaudy US Palm red bakelite stuff.

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    IMG_20121025_183615_152.jpg

Wishful thinking with the underfolder mock up. Stain is a little bit of Old English Scratch Cover for Dark Woods, and a couple of coats of Varathane Cabernet Red gel stain. Looks pretty good with the gaudy US Palm red bakelite stuff.

Link to the USP grip? I'm looking for one to Rit dye plum to match a new set of furniture. That one looks close enough to darken with some mild blue for the proper effect.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    very nice on the Verp!! I want one just like it as well but I blew my mad money on Vepr 12s! ;)

hey quick question on the US palm mag - did they change the design?? The bottom looks different? I thought they glued the bottoms on but that looks removable??

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Link to the USP grip? I'm looking for one to Rit dye plum to match a new set of furniture. That one looks close enough to darken with some mild blue for the proper effect.

The picture looks absolutely nothing like what I bought, but the one in the link is it. Let me know how that turns out. I've got a plum SGL31-62, and I would LOVE to have a USP grip on it that matches.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/U_S_Palms_AK_Battle_Grip_AKBGRBL_p/akbgrbl.htm

very nice on the Verp!! I want one just like it as well but I blew my mad money on Vepr 12s! ;)

hey quick question on the US palm mag - did they change the design?? The bottom looks different? I thought they glued the bottoms on but that looks removable??

I sold my SOCOM II M1A this week, and went with the 54 because I was too late to board the cheap PSL bandwagon. Still want a VEPR 12 BADLY though. Not sure I can pass up on a folder if they make it into the States.

The magazine floor plate looks removable, but there is no give when I push in the tabs. I'd say these are the soak and drain style.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY

I know i've posted this before but it may help.
    picture.php

Both the Grip and Mag are "brown bakelite" UsPalm. I purchased Rit "wine" dye and boiled them. The picture was taken with a cell phone with the flash. You can't tell but it's an exact match to Russian/bulgarian Plum. It looks black unless it's in the light. I used to have a picture of the grip and mag against some Arsenal plum forend for comparison, but i can't find the picture, and i no longer have the forend.

I was pissed that i couldn't get a plum ((10)) magazine unless i buy another SGL from Kvar...so i made my own. If you're ever in Indy you can stop by and see if you'd like.

US PALM AK Battle Grip Brown Bakelite - Only $24.86 - Free Shipping, No Tax! US PALM AS-USP00400006

U S Palms AK Battle Grip AKBGBBL - Primary Arms

AK-47 BATTLE GRIP | Brownells

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    YOU!!!! Im reeeeeealy wanting to install the svds modified style folder on my sgl this spring im pm'n you when all my parts are here:D

Very nice:rockwoot:

Wait a sec what cha got goin there?!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    IMG_20121107_160306_131.jpg

My AR-47 :smileak:. M&M M10 762. US Palm mag, grip, and Optic Specific cover on Midwest rail. Burris Fast Fire II. Aluminum stock adapter is CAA, with Magpul CTR, AFG II, and XTM panels. Krebs ambi safety.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    IMG_20121025_183626_652.jpg

Got big plans for this rifle. Want to mill the receiver out for SVD mags, and buy some Druganov conversion parts from Black Horse Arsenal.
    Black Horse Arsenal SVD Flash Hider / Front Sight Base - Gun Sights
    Black Horse Arsenal SVD forearm Conversion - Stocks
    VEPR - SVD - Composite / Polymer Stock
    Got tired of looking for a real SVD, and the PSL / Romak III's I've seen looked pretty cobbled together. This is my first VEPR / Molot rifle, and I couldn't be more impressed.

Love the looks of that! You are right on the PSLs, VERY cobbled together. I don't miss mine at all. I wouldn't mill out the receiver though as SVD mags are steadily climbing in price(at least $65). They are also starting to dry up. I would just stick with the VEPR mags:twocents:

n2wilderness

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Atlanta
    Not a 47 but I figured it would go well in this thread. SGL-31, US Palm Grip, Tapco G2 Trigger, MI Side Rail, PA Micro Dot, MI Extended AK-SS, Tapco Stubby Grip, Surefire X300

file-3.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-6.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom