nreee.jpg

My zombie hunting tacticool Norinco Mak-90

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Some of the WASR rifles that were imported during the AWB could only accept a funky single stack 10 round magazine. The mag opening was different, but could be opened up to accept a standard 30 round double stack mag. I think thats what he was refering to by a "milled out lower".

Current WASR offerings don't have this problem. I believe they are imported with the single stack opening, but Century opens them up once they are in country.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Here are a couple pics from my vacation...

One of the ANA teams raided a weapons cache and plucked a ton of random AK's. This one's safety was stuck all the way down and wouldn't budge, so we had EOD blow it up. They kept the good AK's for replacement or back ups, and then EOD would blow up the rest.

Screenshot2011-06-17at94948AM.png

Second one, Halfghan was carrying some random AK. Very similar to a Draco. Older guys weapon of choice...wood stick.

Screenshot2011-06-17at94813AM.png

I'm waiting for the pics from my phone to hit my email so I can post my AK up on here.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Some of the WASR rifles that were imported during the AWB could only accept a funky single stack 10 round magazine. The mag opening was different, but could be opened up to accept a standard 30 round double stack mag. I think thats what he was refering to by a "milled out lower".

Current WASR offerings don't have this problem. I believe they are imported with the single stack opening, but Century opens them up once they are in country.
    I'm well aware, but still trying to figure out what an AK lower is. I know all about CAI WASR mag wells, canted front sight blocks, poor sear quality, etc...Again, my post was more or less a smart azz remark about using proper terminology. Nothing (well almost nothing) bugs me more than that, a magazine is not a clip, etc...Using AR terminology when talking about an AK pattern rifle just make a person SEEM/APPEAR ignorant. I have a couple WASR10s and LOVE mine, the mag wells sometimes get milled out a bit too much, but if you use poly mags they will fit snugly and not rattle....be VERY carefull when polishing the internals of a WASR as you can EASILY turn your rifle into a 10 year prison sentence.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I'm trying not to laugh out loud, you just went on a rant about using correct terminology immediately after mentioning "poor sear quality". Semiauto AKs don't have sears.

Also you misspelled "careful".

This was intended as a reminder that we're all human. ;)

I'm well aware, but still trying to figure out what an AK lower is. I know all about CAI WASR mag wells, canted front sight blocks, poor sear quality, etc...Again, my post was more or less a smart azz remark about using proper terminology. Nothing (well almost nothing) bugs me more than that, a magazine is not a clip, etc...Using AR terminology when talking about an AK pattern rifle just make a person SEEM/APPEAR ignorant. I have a couple WASR10s and LOVE mine, the mag wells sometimes get milled out a bit too much, but if you use poly mags they will fit snugly and not rattle....be VERY carefull when polishing the internals of a WASR as you can EASILY turn your rifle into a 10 year prison sentence.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Here are a couple pics from my vacation...

One of the ANA teams raided a weapons cache and plucked a ton of random AK's. This one's safety was stuck all the way down and wouldn't budge, so we had EOD blow it up. They kept the good AK's for replacement or back ups, and then EOD would blow up the rest.

Screenshot2011-06-17at94948AM.png

Second one, Halfghan was carrying some random AK. Very similar to a Draco. Older guys weapon of choice...wood stick.

Screenshot2011-06-17at94813AM.png

I'm waiting for the pics from my phone to hit my email so I can post my AK up on here.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, priceless. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: halfghan :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: oh **** im in tears

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'm trying not to laugh out loud, you just went on a rant about using correct terminology immediately after mentioning "poor sear quality". Semiauto AKs don't have sears.

Also you misspelled "careful".

This was intended as a reminder that we're all human. ;)
    Thank you, but they absolutely DO have a sear hook, it's just not in an auto configuration. I guess my keyboard sensitivity is set a bit off, but an extra "l" in a word hardly compares to a guy walking into a shop and trying to buy an "AK lower".

Top Bottom