• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I might add that the trigger pull is a bit long,but smooth on this AK.I do wish the front post was finer.I see no point in scoping this type of rifle.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I recently traded for a Bulgarian AK(by Arsenal)which has a milled reciever and was happy to learn that some AK variants are capable of accuracy!

I this have owned Egytian,Norinco ect,and until now I would have agreed with you,but the heavier reciever must make a difference.

It is actually the Milled Receiver that makes the difference. The stamped ones tolerances and variances are just to sporadic to make accuracy...

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    The milled receiver guns seem to be more accurate. I am sure the heavier receiver has something to do with it as well as the smoother action.
    The milled AK's usually have a heavier barrel as well so that helps out a bit.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yes, AKs are capable of at least decent accuracy. Both of mine consistently are under 2 moa when scoped and using their favorite ammo. My Saiga will push 1 moa if I'm having a good eye day. Yank off the scope and stuff Wolf in the mags, the groups are more like patterns.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    AK 47 & accuracy

Those three words do not belong together. AK rifles are accurate enough for what they were designed to do .... kill people. They are not designed to be sniper rifles, more of a point and shoot just to throw lead weapon.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I like my AK, because it will take everything I trow at it, and still goes bang. I can run cheap *** ammo, and it will cycle. May not be pretty, and may not be the most accurate rifle. In a SHTF situation though, it would one of the first guns I would grab. I'm not going to use it to engage anything over 100 yards. To me it's a close in weapon, that packs punch! :rockwoot::ar15:

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I like my AK, because it will take everything I trow at it, and still goes bang. I can run cheap *** ammo, and it will cycle. May not be pretty, and may not be the most accurate rifle. In a SHTF situation though, it would one of the first guns I would grab. I'm not going to use it to engage anything over 100 yards. To me it's a close in weapon, that packs punch! :rockwoot::ar15:

Well put! Those are the exact reasons I own one.

660raptor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    AKs really do get a bad rap for being horribly inaccurate for no real reason. Yesterday I was able to try my romanian WUM 1's accuracy at LONG ranges. I was shooting my Stevens 200 in .223 from 550 yards (yes, it actually was 550 yards) and hitting a 3'X3' piece of plate steel fairly consistently. I've never shot my AK more than 100 yards and decided to give it a whirl for kicks and giggles. To my surprise, I was actually able to hit the steel about half the time and the other rounds were not that far off. Used wolf ammo and the fat iron sights. That's pretty impressive, and good enough for any normal shooter.

Top Bottom