Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

There's always a risk.
    Arm the teachers and maybe one of them will use their gun to shoot students.

Just like after 9/11 they reinforced the doors of airplanes cockpits.
    As a result when the pilot wants to crash the plane on purpose other crew members can't stop him.

You always have drawbacks to what is perceived as more security.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Arming teachers is as likely as abolishing the second amendment. It is a silly argument that will never become a bipartisan solution.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My Dad has gone full-blown leftie talking points. We just spent an hour texting and he regurgitated every dumb argument I've been hearing over the last few years.

He told me we need a ban on "auto-loaders" which was a deliberate attempt to conflate semi-auto and auto. Look for that be be a big buzz word from the gun control crowd in the coming days.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With everything I am hearing by the expected ones, instead of making a tool illegal, how about just making murder illegal. Surly doing that will stop all firearm crimes. And what about the knife attacks and suicide bombers, yes making murder illegal will stop those too.

So sad that these incidents turn into ban guns and not going after the main issue, mental health, break down of the family, break down of morals, never accept fault as it is always someone else's fault.

My prayers for the the students and their families, law enforcement that must not only deal with these crimes but the politicians making this a political event and not what it truly is.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's always a risk.
    Arm the teachers and maybe one of them will use their gun to shoot students.

Just like after 9/11 they reinforced the doors of airplanes cockpits.
    As a result when the pilot wants to crash the plane on purpose other crew members can't stop him.

You always have drawbacks to what is perceived as more security.

I don't do purple. ;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've got a bad feeling about this one. I'm glad Obama's not in office and if this keeps up and gains traction, we might just see how conservative Trump is. We really need the news cycle to turn over so this will go away.

Times like this I wish Michael Jackson was still around. He was always in the headlines. Anything but a plane crash will do.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've got a bad feeling about this one. I'm glad Obama's not in office and if this keeps up and gains traction, we might just see how conservative Trump is. We really need the news cycle to turn over so this will go away.

For this, I think you should want him in office. Obama puts a face on many's perceived enemy (gun grabbers). He would've been a figurehead to oppose. People could have organized, and attacked him as attempting to infringe on rights. Since he's no longer in office, that really can't be done. If gun activists become vocal, it will most certainly paint them in a bad light...
    Given the politics this kid seemed to have, it would be wise to tread carefully, and hope this blows over.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    For this, I think you should want him in office. Obama puts a face on many's perceived enemy (gun grabbers). He would've been a figurehead to oppose. People could have organized, and attacked him as attempting to infringe on rights. Since he's no longer in office, that really can't be done. If gun activists become vocal, it will most certainly paint them in a bad light...
    Given the politics this kid seemed to have, it would be wise to tread carefully, and hope this blows over.

And blow over it will. The Las Vegas massacre is already forgotten.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wow. So was he an anti-gunner sleeper cell agent?

The anti gunners, I mean the hard core antis I believe would gladly sacrifice a school full of kids if it meant passing their anti gun agenda. They'd do it in a heartbeat. The left are evil people. Everything they accuse the right of the democrats are and worse.
    Let no one forget who most of the mass shooters align politically with, it's the left

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The anti gunners, I mean the hard core antis I believe would gladly sacrifice a school full of kids if it meant passing their anti gun agenda. They'd do it in a heartbeat. The left are evil people. Everything they accuse the right of the democrats are and worse.
    Let no one forget who most of the mass shooters align politically with, it's the left

I meant, the recent person to achieve shooter status.
    :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom