• ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    GFZ with force of law.
    My wife and I talked about this last night. We both agree, gun free zones are insane. Most here would agree, so I am preaching to the choir, but only law abiding citizens abbey those. To do otherwise is just trusting to blind luck that something won’t happen where you are. If it does, and I am there, maybe it won’t change a thing; but at least I have an option other than them missing me, them killing themselves, or them being killed by LEO’s. I want the option to defend myself. I know, “preaching to the choir”, but this endless cycle of shootings and the inevitable calls for gun control get tiresome. Deal with the criminals and mentally u stable people. Okay, my rant is done!

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    20 years, no deployments, and only an E7?

My little brother was in for less than 10, deployed twice and left as an E6 IIRC. Seems odd, but I did hear stories about guys left stateside because they didn’t want them deployed.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    No matter how small the town you live in, there is a high likelihood there is someone like this guy near you. Most of them will never do anything like this, but they’re out there. Does anyone think people who went bowling on a random Wednesday in some town in Maine ever thought they’d end up in something like this? This could happen at your Walmart, IGA, or anywhere else.

This is yet another reminder to always carry a firearm, a spare mag, and basic medical supplies. Snakestaff Systems makes small TQs that fit in a pocket. Not TCCC certified yet, but better than nothing. If you carry a tiny pocket pistol, are you comfortable trying to stop this guy with it?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    20 years, no deployments, and only an E7?

My little brother was in for less than 10, deployed twice and left as an E6 IIRC. Seems odd, but I did hear stories about guys left stateside because they didn’t want them deployed.
    First off, it only goes to E9. It's significantly harder after E7 ;)

Reservist would've been called to active duty in that time-frame, however with a partial mobilization it would've been for 2 years. This guy was a Fuels Troop. Quite possible that MOS wasn't needed at the time.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    IME,
    Reservist normally fill state side positions in so AD can deploy. NG deploy because they are mostly combat arms.

Promotions like @KellyinAvon stated are very selective after E-6. I made E-7 at 10 Years and didn't get selected for E-8 until 18 years.

Every NCO in the Army is kind of a small arms trainer.
    Units run their own ranges, so anyone is a assigned a task.

Very few are actually firearms instructors. Drill Seargent's and MITT teams are kind of rare.

I was the 1SG of an Infantry Instructor Company at Ft Sill. We taught Hand Grenade, ARM, Claymore, AT4, Night fire, etc.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    First off, it only goes to E9. It's significantly harder after E7 ;)

Reservist would've been called to active duty in that time-frame, however with a partial mobilization it would've been for 2 years. This guy was a Fuels Troop. Quite possible that MOS wasn't needed at the time.
    I know a few Marines that have well over 10 years with zero deployments outside of the 48. I also know a few that have had 2-3 deployments in four to six years.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I know a few Marines that have well over 10 years with zero deployments outside of the 48. I also know a few that have had 2-3 deployments in four to six years.
    Timing is everything, along with the other 3 things: location, location, location.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Top Bottom